|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mauriel Johnson studied?
(a) Diaries and letters of southdern women writting to Confederate prisoners.
(b) Diaries and letters of northdern women writting to Confederate prisoners.
(c) Diaries and letters of northdern women writting to Union prisoners.
(d) Diaries and letters of southdern women writting to Union prisoners.
2. What was Vicksburg the site of?
(a) A large fire.
(b) A siege.
(c) A small battle.
(d) A major weapons manufacturing plant.
3. What did Betty Talmadge say of the locations in Gone with the Wind?
(a) They were rebuilt.
(b) They were destroyed.
(c) They were preserved.
(d) They are fictional.
4. What did the other name of the First Manassas battle?
(a) Battle of Bull Run.
(b) Battle of Shiloh.
(c) Battle of the Wilderness.
(d) Battle of Gettysburg.
5. Where was the Shiloh Battlefield located according to Chapter 8?
(a) Along the Mississippi River in Tennessee.
(b) Along the Tennessee River in Tennessee.
(c) Along the Potomac River in Tennessee.
(d) Along the Tennessee River in Kentucky.
6. Why was Alberta's husband hospitalized?
(a) Small pox.
7. When did Alberta's first husband die?
(a) 5 years after her marriage.
(b) 15 years after her marriage.
(c) 25 years after her marriage.
(d) 10 years after her marriage.
8. What was Albert Martin's husband a part of?
(a) The 4th Alabama army.
(b) The 6th Alabama army.
(c) The 3th Alabama army.
(d) The 5th Alabama army.
9. What did Betty Talmadge used to be?
(a) First lady of Georgia.
(b) First lady of Alabama.
(c) First lady of Forida.
(d) First lady of Carolina.
10. What did the commander of the Andersonville prison become for a group of Southerners?
(a) A dangerous man.
(b) A misunderstood man.
(c) A villain.
(d) A hero.
11. What happened to the Andersonville prison commander after the war?
(a) He was tried and executed.
(b) He turned to dentistry.
(c) He became a congressman.
(d) He became a senator.
12. How many siblings did Alberta have?
13. What celebration did the white inhabitant of Vicksburg not observe?
(a) Veteran's Day.
(b) Memorial Day.
(c) Defeat Day.
(d) Victory day.
14. What charge did Hodge and his men plan to recreate?
(a) The Lee's Charge.
(b) The Pickett's Charge.
(c) The Stone wall Jackson's Charge.
(d) The Grant's Charge.
15. What group did Sandy guide through the capitol?
(a) A group of Chinese tourists.
(b) White homeschooled children.
(c) White at risk children.
(d) African American veterants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drifted away from Vicksburg in the years before the Civil War?
2. What did the filthy conditions in Andersonville lead to?
3. Where was Wolfgang Hochbruck from?
4. What type of events did Melly Meadows win?
5. What did Hodge call his annual tour of Civil War sites according to Chapter 10?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)