|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the dead of Andersonville buried?
(a) The bodies were sent back to their family.
(b) In trenched graves.
(c) In the local cemetary.
(d) The bodies where burried in the wall.
2. What did most of the people coming to Atlanta want to see?
(a) The grave of the Union soldier in Gone with the Wind.
(b) The grave of Margaret Mitchell.
(c) The house of Gone with the Wind.
(d) The grave of Scarlett O'Hara.
3. When was Fitzgerald founded?
(a) In the 1890's.
(b) In the 1860's.
(c) In the 1850's.
(d) In the 1870's.
4. What did Betty Talmadge say of the locations in Gone with the Wind?
(a) They were destroyed.
(b) They were preserved.
(c) They are fictional.
(d) They were rebuilt.
5. Why was Alberta's husband hospitalized?
(b) Small pox.
6. Who was the commander of the Andersonville prison?
(a) Robert Patesson.
(b) Markus Stenbeck.
(c) Henry Wirz.
(d) Robert Swam.
7. When did Alberta's first husband die?
(a) 5 years after her marriage.
(b) 25 years after her marriage.
(c) 10 years after her marriage.
(d) 15 years after her marriage.
8. What did the commander of the Andersonville prison become for a group of Southerners?
(a) A misunderstood man.
(b) A hero.
(c) A dangerous man.
(d) A villain.
9. How many siblings did Alberta have?
10. Where was Wolfgang Hochbruck from?
11. Who did Hodge and Horwitz attract as they walked in the park?
(a) Police officer.
12. What drifted away from Vicksburg in the years before the Civil War?
(a) The frontiere.
(b) The Mississippi river bed.
(c) The garrison.
(d) The Confederate Army.
13. What was the repercussion of the Minie Ball Pregnancy story at the time?
(a) The doctor that came up with the story was killed.
(b) It ruined the career of the physician who came up with the story.
(c) The local population rebelled.
(d) The local Union Garrison was attacked.
14. What was on the sign in Montgomery next to "Visit the Civil Rights Memorial" according to Chapter 14?
(a) The First Confederate Capital.
(b) The city that never sleeps.
(c) The first Battle of the Civil War.
(d) The city of Wonders.
15. What did Horwitz argue Rose Sanders used the same way as the Confederacy?
(a) Racial rhetoric.
(c) Partial education.
(d) Twisted logic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What diminished over the generations in Fitzgerald?
2. What celebration did the white inhabitant of Vicksburg not observe?
3. What did Mauriel Johnson studied?
4. Where was the Shiloh Battlefield located according to Chapter 8?
5. How long did Hodge's tour last?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)