|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "Gone with the Wind" according to Chapter 11?
(a) Charles Supp.
(b) Annie Robertson.
(c) Margaret Mitchell.
(d) Robert Patrick.
2. What was Albert Martin's husband a part of?
(a) The 6th Alabama army.
(b) The 5th Alabama army.
(c) The 4th Alabama army.
(d) The 3th Alabama army.
3. Who was Alberta Martin married to?
(a) Markus Robert Martin
(b) Robert Jasper Martin
(c) William Markus Martin
(d) William Jasper Martin.
4. What happened in Fitzgerald when the Confederate and the Union parade were planned?
(a) The two parades fought.
(b) The two parades merged.
(c) The two parades paraded on different days.
(d) The two pardes took different roads.
5. What did Betty Talmadge say of the locations in Gone with the Wind?
(a) They were preserved.
(b) They were destroyed.
(c) They are fictional.
(d) They were rebuilt.
6. What happened to the Andersonville prison commander after the war?
(a) He turned to dentistry.
(b) He became a senator.
(c) He became a congressman.
(d) He was tried and executed.
7. Where was the Shiloh Battlefield located according to Chapter 8?
(a) Along the Potomac River in Tennessee.
(b) Along the Mississippi River in Tennessee.
(c) Along the Tennessee River in Tennessee.
(d) Along the Tennessee River in Kentucky.
8. What did the filthy conditions in Andersonville lead to?
(a) Problem with food storage.
(c) Rats infestation.
(d) Overwhelmed cleaning crews.
9. How many siblings did Alberta have?
10. What did Sander think of monuments to the Confederacy?
(a) That they were nice.
(b) That they should have disclamers.
(c) That there should be none of them.
(d) That they were redundant.
11. What did Horwitz find similar about the stories of civil rights marchers and Confederates soldiers.?
(a) The way they were treated by the population.
(b) Marching all day and sleeping in fields at night.
(c) How they were seen by the political powers in place.
(d) How they mached north.
12. What charge did Hodge and his men plan to recreate?
(a) The Lee's Charge.
(b) The Grant's Charge.
(c) The Pickett's Charge.
(d) The Stone wall Jackson's Charge.
13. How did Pail Hawke call people coming to the battlefield?
14. What made Wolfgang Hochbruck interested in the Civil War?
(a) Shelby Foote's novel about the Shiloh's battle.
(b) Horwtiz's first book.
(c) His history teacher.
(d) The movie glory.
15. What was Dorothy Raybon part of?
(a) Sons of the Confederacy.
(b) Families of the Confederacy.
(c) Daughters of the Confederacy.
(d) Cats of the Confederacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seemed impossible to Horwitz 130 years after the war?
2. What did Hodge call his annual tour of Civil War sites according to Chapter 10?
3. What did Alberta's husband do after being released from the hospital?
4. Where did Hodge and Horwitz sleep?
5. What was the person accompanying Horwitz trained as?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)