|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Horwitz decide to start his travel with according to Chapter 2?
(c) The Potomac River.
2. What did Horwitz borrow from the man who invited him?
(a) A rifle.
(b) Authentic Confederate clothing.
(c) A horse.
(d) A pair of glasses.
3. Who brought Horwitz to the statue?
(a) Francis Ward.
(b) Charles Montesson.
(c) Robert Marks.
(d) Susy Robertson.
4. Where was Joel Dorfman from?
(a) Washington D.C.
(b) New York.
(c) New Orleans.
5. What did the black students of the local high school wear?
(a) Caps with L.
(b) Caps with KKK with a donkey on it.
(c) Caps with M on it.
(d) Caps with an X on it.
6. What was the central theme of the complaints by Southern people?
(a) The South had not enough economical help.
(b) The North took all the good lands.
(c) The South was oppressed politically and economically.
(d) The political power lay in the North.
7. What did Horwitz plan when he got back home?
(a) To buy a uniform.
(b) A campaign of his own.
(c) A trip with his wife.
(d) To replace his glasses.
8. Who was Horwitz's host dressed as?
(a) A private.
(b) A general.
(c) A journalist.
(d) A medic.
9. How was Westerman killed?
(a) He was shot.
(b) He was run over.
(c) He was strangled.
(d) He was stabbed.
10. What did Horwitz paint on his wall?
(b) Murals of dinosaurs.
(c) Murals depicting famous battles.
(d) Murals of Bonanza.
11. What were reenactors who were not completely authentic in their costumes or behavior called?
12. How many groups were formed for trivia questions during Sue Curtis' meeting?
13. What did the statue Horwitz went to see feature instead of a Confederate soldier?
(a) A woman.
(b) A civilian.
(d) A Union soldier.
14. How many Jews did Walt meet before Horwitz ?
15. What did Jamie Westendorf's job include?
(a) Preparing large feasts.
(b) Cleaning closed businesses.
(d) Tour guide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the owner of the farm the march was on?
2. What was Redbone's Saloon according to Chapter 5?
3. Where did Westerman stop before being shot?
4. Who told Horwitz of Sue Curtis?
5. When was Charleston settled?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)