|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Horwitz's grandfather arrive in America according to Chapter 1?
2. What group was founded after the Civil War and re-emerged in the early 20th century?
(a) The Ku Klux Klan.
(b) The Sons of the Confederacy.
(c) The Cats of the Confederacy.
(d) The Daughters of the Confederacy.
3. How did most people see Westerman as?
(a) A nice guy.
(b) A bully.
(c) A pillar of virtues.
(d) A simple guy.
4. Who was Shelby Foote according to Chapter 7?
(a) A novelist and historical writer.
(b) A writer.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A curator.
5. What did Walt protest in his youth?
(a) The Vietnam war.
(d) Tution cost.
6. What was Michael Westerman's wife's name?
7. Where was Joel Dorfman from?
(a) Washington D.C.
(c) New York.
(d) New Orleans.
8. What did the black harbor pilot who hijacked a Confederate ship become?
(a) A mayor.
(b) A millionaire.
(c) A senator.
(d) A congressman.
9. What is Michael King's occupation?
10. How many Jews did Walt meet before Horwitz ?
11. What did the father of the grass basket maker warn her about?
(b) White people.
12. What organization did Sue start for pet owners?
(a) Rebel pets.
(b) Dogs of the Confederacy.
(c) Cats of the Confederacy.
(d) Attack the yank.
13. How was Westerman killed?
(a) He was strangled.
(b) He was run over.
(c) He was shot.
(d) He was stabbed.
14. Who did Horwitz join with the day of the reenactment?
(a) Company G of the 32nd Virginia.
(b) Company H of the 32nd Virginia.
(c) Company L of the 32nd Virginia.
(d) Company E of the 32nd Virginia.
15. Who killed Michael Westerman according to the patrons of the bar?
(a) A group of Ku Klux Klan members.
(b) Some of his friend.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) A group of black young men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Horwitz go at the start of Chapter 4?
2. What did the farm owner give Horwitz to replace his plastic glasses?
3. What did Horwitz's host's uniform allow him to do?
4. What battlefield did Foote visit frequently?
5. Who brought Horwitz to the statue?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)