|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Horwitz do after talking with the actors?
(a) Went to his father's.
(b) Found his grandfather's book.
(c) Went to his publisher.
(d) Went back to sleep.
2. What was Redbone's Saloon according to Chapter 5?
(a) A biker bar.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A church.
3. How did the Ku Klux Klan see Westerman?
(a) As a martyr for the noble Southern causee.
(b) As an annomaly.
(c) As a traitor.
(d) As one of their own.
4. Where did Foote live?
(d) New Orleans.
5. What were reenactors who were not completely authentic in their costumes or behavior called?
6. What did the CCC fight against?
(a) Plans to allow desegregated bathrooms.
(b) Plans to teach about the Civil War in school.
(c) Plans to remove the Confederate flag from the capitol building.
(d) Plans to allow African American to vote.
7. How many Jews did Walt meet before Horwitz ?
8. Where was Fort Sumter located?
(a) 15 miles off the shore of Charleston.
(b) 5 miles off the shore of Charleston.
(c) 2 miles off the shore of Charleston.
(d) 3 miles off the shore of Charleston.
9. What did Horwitz paint on his wall?
(a) Murals of dinosaurs.
(b) Murals of Bonanza.
(d) Murals depicting famous battles.
10. What did Horwitz do most of the day?
(a) Treat wounds.
(c) Lay down and chat.
11. How did most people see Westerman as?
(a) A simple guy.
(b) A pillar of virtues.
(c) A bully.
(d) A nice guy.
12. What did Horwitz's host's uniform allow him to do?
(b) Tell his story.
(c) Go on the battlefield without being shot at.
(d) Give orders.
13. When did Horwitz's grandfather arrive in America according to Chapter 1?
14. Where was the "Start Spangled Banner" composed?
(a) Fort Sumter.
(b) Fort Summers.
(c) Fort Brag.
(d) Fort McHenry.
15. What was Shelby Foote well known for appearing in?
(a) Civil War documentaries.
(b) Movies about the war.
(d) Home Schooling videos.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Horwitz's wife from?
2. What did Jamie Westendorf point out the old locations of in Charleston?
3. What did the farm owner give Horwitz to replace his plastic glasses?
4. What did Foote and Horwitz spend several hours discussing?
5. Where did the battle being reenacted take place historically?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)