|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the men of the CCC feel the Confederate flag represented?
(a) Conservative ideals.
(c) Good old times.
(d) The ideal of slavery.
2. What did Jamie Westendorf point out the old locations of in Charleston?
(a) Slave houses.
(b) Houses belonging to the big slave owners.
(c) Polic estations.
(d) Brothels and liquor store.
3. When did the Civil War start?
4. Why was Michael Westerman allegedly killed?
(a) He was black.
(b) He was a preacher.
(c) He was a teacher.
(d) Displaying a Confederate flag.
5. What was the name of the owner of the farm the march was on?
(a) Robert Young.
(b) Robert Studd.
(c) Robert Old.
(d) Robert Robertson.
6. Who did the war empower according to the woman who took over the Confederate museum?
(a) White women.
(c) Black women.
(d) White men.
7. Who invited Horwitz to a reenactment in Chapter 6?
(a) Markus Young.
(b) Thomas Hall.
(c) Susy Mann.
(d) Rob Hodge.
8. Where did Horwitz stop on his way to his first destination?
9. Where did Horwitz go at the start of Chapter 4?
(a) New Orleans.
10. Where did Horwitz settle in after returning to the U.S.?
(d) New york.
11. What was Michael Westerman's wife's name?
12. Where did Horwitz's host spend the night?
(a) In a hotel.
(b) In the rain.
(c) in a tent.
(d) In his car.
13. What were reenactors who were not completely authentic in their costumes or behavior called?
14. What did Horwitz plan when he got back home?
(a) To buy a uniform.
(b) A trip with his wife.
(c) A campaign of his own.
(d) To replace his glasses.
15. What did Foote and Horwitz spend several hours discussing?
(a) The major battles of the Civil War.
(b) The fascination of the South for the Civil War.
(c) The major generals of the civil War.
(d) The causes of the Civil War.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Foote frequently visit the battlefield?
2. How was Westerman killed?
3. What did Horwitz's host's uniform allow him to do?
4. What did the CCC fight against?
5. What was the goal of the conspiracies Walt thought he uncovered?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)