|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 South Carolina: The Better Half of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ed and Sue Curtis stop doing?
(a) Going to church.
(b) Seeing friends.
(c) Answering their phone.
(d) Going to the supermarket.
2. Where was Joel Dorfman from?
(a) Washington D.C.
(b) New Orleans.
(d) New York.
3. Where did Horwitz decide to start his travel with according to Chapter 2?
(a) The Potomac River.
4. Where was the "Start Spangled Banner" composed?
(a) Fort Sumter.
(b) Fort McHenry.
(c) Fort Summers.
(d) Fort Brag.
5. What did the black harbor pilot who hijacked a Confederate ship become?
(a) A millionaire.
(b) A senator.
(c) A congressman.
(d) A mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the war empower according to the woman who took over the Confederate museum?
2. What did Horwitz do after talking with the actors?
3. What did the father of the grass basket maker warn her about?
4. When did Horwitz's grandfather arrive in America according to Chapter 1?
5. What were reenactors who were not completely authentic in their costumes or behavior called?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)