|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Kentucky: Dying for Dixie.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Fort Sumter located?
(a) 5 miles off the shore of Charleston.
(b) 3 miles off the shore of Charleston.
(c) 15 miles off the shore of Charleston.
(d) 2 miles off the shore of Charleston.
2. What did Mike Hawkins' great great grandfather lose during the Civil War?
(a) An eye.
(b) An arm.
(c) A leg.
(d) A foot.
3. When did Horwitz's grandfather arrive in America according to Chapter 1?
4. What did the meeting with Sue Curtis open with?
(a) With drinks.
(b) The pledge.
(c) Honoring the Confederate flag.
(d) A Ku Klux Klan pledge.
5. What did the black harbor pilot who hijacked a Confederate ship become?
(a) A senator.
(b) A congressman.
(c) A mayor.
(d) A millionaire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the "Start Spangled Banner" composed?
2. Why was Michael Westerman allegedly killed?
3. What was Westerman's killer sentenced to?
4. Where did Westerman stop before being shot?
5. Where was Joel Dorfman from?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)