Chapter 1 Confederates in the Attic
• In Chapter 1, we learn that Horwitz's interest with the Civil War came from his grandfather who had a book about it.
• Horwitz became a journalist and war correspondent and married an Australian woman when he was abroad.
• Horwitz was once woken up by Civil War reenactors firing their weapons.
• Horwitz met Robert Lee Hodge, a hardcore reenactor.
• Horwitz asked Hodge to join his group one day and was forced to leave everything an 1860's man could not have had behind.
• Hodge called reenactor that are not totally accurate "farb".
Chapter 2 North Carolina: Confederate Cats
• In Chapter 2, Horwitz decided to travel to the South to learn about how the war still resonates today.
• Horwitz met Sue Curtis who is involved with several Confederate groups.
• Horwitz visits Sue Curtis who collects memorabilia with her husband.
• Sue Curtis revived the Children of the Confederacy who teach...
This section contains 1,593 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)