|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 Enriching the Earth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mary, what is the danger in gardening?
(a) Your flowers and produce may never grow.
(b) You may have abundant growth that you cannot maintain.
(c) Vandals may steal or destroy your flowers.
(d) Your neighbor may covet your garden.
2. Which of the following women had an obsession with the gypsies as a child?
3. According to Mary, what should be the primary concern of any care giver?
(a) Creating an environment of warmth and emotional strength.
(b) Creating an environment of safety and love.
(c) Creating an environment for growth and learning.
(d) Creating an environment of stability and wisdom.
4. What metaphor does Joan use to describe her relationship with the doctors after the inclusion of her activities program?
5. What does Mary claim is the best type of relationship?
(a) An equal relationship.
(b) A symmetrical relationship.
(c) A complementary relationship.
(d) A composite relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the doctors respond to Joan's activities program?
2. How old was Joan at the time of her interviews for the book?
3. Which of Mary's grandparents was a scientist?
4. What does Bateson believe will be the result of "a commitment to constantly refocusing one's life"?
5. Which of the following is NOT the name of one of Joan's children?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)