Chapter 1 Emergent Visions
1. Throughout the course of the book, how many women's lives will be studied?
2. Which of the following best describes the way the women in the text will "compose their lives"?
3. Which of the following does Bateson cherish above all else?
(a) Improvisational art.
(b) Static goals.
(c) Traditional gender roles.
(d) Individual happiness.
4. Which of the following models does Bateson believe women should follow when forming their gender roles?
(a) Bateson does not believe in following a model.
(b) The hyper-feminine reflection in the media.
(c) Generations past.
(d) Childhood fantasy and desire.
5. In the past, what was valued above all else in one's life?
6. Which of the following types of individuals tend to avoid "traditional" lives?
(a) Political individuals.
(b) All of the answers are true.
(c) Religious individuals.
(d) Creative individuals.
7. Which of the following values does Bateson say is "inappropriate in today's constantly changing world"?
(c) Gender roles.
This section contains 4,432 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)