|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Lazaroff's son?
2. How long had Caselli been married?
3. By what age do most of the SIDS deaths occur?
4. How old was Eleanor Bratton when she had a red and swollen leg?
5. During an all-night interview, how many children did Noe confess she had suffocated?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Gawande was seeing patients with a surgery professor, what words surprised him?
2. When did Lazaroff first learn what was wrong?
3. Why were autopsies performed clandestinely in the West even in the nineteenth century?
4. What types of situations made Drury blush?
5. What does Gawande say was the relationship between doctor and patient over a decade ago?
6. What was Christine Drury's first job at Channel 13 News in Indianapolis?
7. Why in 1533 was the first documented postmortem examination in the New World performed?
8. What happened to the babies born to Marie Noe?
9. What drugs were prescribed for Fitzpatrick, and how did they help reduce her nausea?
10. Were Fitzpatrick's twins healthy when they were born?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the mysteries and unknowns of medicine and the struggles of what to do with them. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, compare and contrast the doctor's and patient's role in making treatment decisions.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, argue whether child abuse can or cannot be proven using scientific methods.
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)