|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What network did Christine Drury work for when she was the overnight anchorwoman?
2. How old was Victor Caselli?
3. Over the course of four days, how many times did Bratton's leg need to be operated upon?
(a) 4 times.
(b) 5 times.
(c) 3 times.
(d) 2 times.
4. How many hours each time did Bratton spend in the hyperbaric oxygen chamber?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 1 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 2 hours.
5. How old was Eleanor Bratton when she had a red and swollen leg?
6. How many months after Joseph Lazaroff began having problems was a scan ordered?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 2 weeks.
7. Who began his career at the same television station where Drury worked?
(a) Steve Allen.
(b) Jay Leno.
(c) David Letterman.
(d) Johnny Carson.
8. Where did Amy Fitzpatrick live?
(c) Long Island.
9. Where did Drury go to college?
(a) University of Southern Indiana.
(b) Indiana State University.
(c) University of Evansville.
(d) Purdue University.
10. When did Christine Drury become an overnight television anchorwoman?
11. By what age do most of the SIDS deaths occur?
(a) By 3 months of age.
(b) By 9 months of age.
(c) By 1 year old.
(d) By 6 months of age.
12. What was the name of Lazaroff's son?
13. How long did it take Lazaroff to die after being removed from the ventilator?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 13 minutes.
(c) 23 minutes.
(d) 17 minutes.
14. How many pregnant woman who are employed miss work because of morning sickness?
(b) One third.
(c) One fourth.
(d) Two thirds.
15. How old was Lazaroff?
(a) Early eighties.
(b) Early seventies.
(c) Early fifties.
(d) Early sixties.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Harvard psychologist William James observe that certain deaf people were immune to seasickness?
2. When was one of the earliest forensic examinations performed?
3. How long had Gawande's daughter Hunter been home before she became ill?
4. How much did the recovery room nurse at Gawande's hospital weigh at one time?
5. When did the United States National Center for Health Statistics stop collecting autopsy statistics?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)