|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Gawande's son Walker when Hattie broke her forearm?
2. During what week in Fitzpatrick's pregnancy was she able to eat an odd selection of four things in sliver-size portions?
(a) 29th week.
(b) 23rd week.
(c) 30th week.
(d) 35th week.
3. What year did a book cause a shift in how decision are made in medicine?
4. How much did the recovery room nurse at Gawande's hospital weigh at one time?
(a) Over 250 pounds.
(b) About 300 pounds.
(c) About 350 pounds.
(d) Around 400 pounds.
5. How old was Lazaroff?
(a) Early fifties.
(b) Early eighties.
(c) Early sixties.
(d) Early seventies.
6. How many cases of cellulitis occur in the entire United States each year?
(a) About 2 million.
(b) About 750,000.
(c) About 550,000.
(d) Over 3 million.
7. How long did it take Lazaroff to die after being removed from the ventilator?
(a) 13 minutes.
(b) 23 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 17 minutes.
8. What did a two-day admission turn into for Mr. Jolly?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
9. When did the United States National Center for Health Statistics stop collecting autopsy statistics?
10. When did Christine Drury become an overnight television anchorwoman?
11. In 1999, how many obesity patients had gastric-bypass surgery in the United States?
12. How long before seeing Bratton had Gawande seen a man with necrotizing fasciitis?
(a) A few weeks before.
(b) 5 days before.
(c) 3 week before.
(d) 2 days before.
13. How many weeks into her pregnancy was Amy Fitzpatrick when she had her first bout with vomiting?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 12 weeks.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 8 weeks.
14. Over the course of four days, how many times did Bratton's leg need to be operated upon?
(a) 5 times.
(b) 2 times.
(c) 4 times.
(d) 3 times.
15. Who came with Bratton to the emergency room?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Noe's husband's name?
2. When did Gawande attend medical school?
3. Where did Amy Fitzpatrick get her M.B.A.?
4. How many months after Joseph Lazaroff began having problems was a scan ordered?
5. How old was the woman whose autopsy Gawande observed at the beginning of the "Final Cut"?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)