|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percent of patients regain weight after gastric-bypass surgery?
(a) About 35 percent.
(b) About 25 percent.
(c) 1 to 10 percent.
(d) 5 to 20 percent.
2. For how many years have doctors been performing autopsies?
3. When did Gawande perform a gastric-bypass surgery?
(a) December 12, 1998.
(b) November 21, 1997.
(c) September 13, 1999.
(d) August 18, 1996.
4. What was the name of Lazaroff's son?
5. What was Noe's husband's name?
6. What was Victor Caselli's occupation?
(a) Heavy-machine operator and road construction contractor.
(b) Assembly-line worker.
(c) Sanitation engineer.
(d) Semi-truck driver.
7. By 2003, how many more patients were expected to have gastric-bypass surgery than did in 1999?
(a) Three times the number of patients.
(b) 5,000 more patients.
(c) Double the number of patients.
(d) 10,000 more patients.
8. How long had Gawande's daughter Hunter been home before she became ill?
(a) A week.
(b) 8 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 2 weeks.
9. What color cast did Gawande's daughter Hattie get when she broke her forearm?
10. How much weight did Lazaroff lose in a few months?
(a) About 30 pounds.
(b) Over 50 pounds.
(c) Over 75 pounds.
(d) About 20 pounds.
11. How many of Noe's children died?
12. What were the chances that Caselli could have died during the gastric-bypass surgery?
(a) 1 in 200 chance.
(b) 3 in 700 chance.
(c) 2 in 150 chance.
(d) 1 in 500 chance.
13. How long did it take Lazaroff to die after being removed from the ventilator?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 17 minutes.
(c) 13 minutes.
(d) 23 minutes.
14. Where did Drury go to have surgery to stop her blushing?
15. What were Christine Drury's hours when she was an overnight television anchorwoman?
(a) 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
(b) 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
(c) 8 p.m. to 4 a.m.
(d) Midnight to 8 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time did the retired New England doctor's wife make it to the hospital once his illness was determined to be fatal?
2. When did the Goteborg group begin accepting patients who complained of disabling blushing?
3. Where did Amy Fitzpatrick and her husband drive for Easter?
4. What time did the retired New England doctor pass away?
5. How old was Drury when she got the job as overnight television anchorwoman?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)