|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What network did Christine Drury work for when she was the overnight anchorwoman?
2. How many of Noe's children died?
3. How long had Gawande's daughter Hunter been home before she became ill?
(a) 8 days.
(b) A week.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 2 weeks.
4. How old was Eleanor Bratton when she had a red and swollen leg?
5. Where did Amy Fitzpatrick live?
(d) Long Island.
6. How old was Gawande's son Walker when Hattie broke her forearm?
7. What percent of pregnant women experience morning sickness?
(a) 10 to 20 percent.
(b) 60 to 85 percent.
(c) 40 to 50 percent.
(d) 80 to 90 percent.
8. What was Noe's husband's name?
9. Who wrote "The Silent World of Doctor and Patient"?
(a) Andrew Meisner.
(b) Jay Katz.
(c) Susan Whitman.
(d) Joseph Kauffman.
10. What time did the retired New England doctor pass away?
(a) 5:30 a.m.
(b) 12:30 a.m.
(c) 1:45 a.m.
(d) 2:45 a.m.
11. What disease had the woman whose autopsy Gwande observed at the beginning of "Final Cut" struggled with?
(a) Parkinson's Disease.
(c) Heart disease.
12. How many months after Joseph Lazaroff began having problems was a scan ordered?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 4 months.
13. When did the Goteborg group begin accepting patients who complained of disabling blushing?
14. By what age do most of the SIDS deaths occur?
(a) By 1 year old.
(b) By 3 months of age.
(c) By 6 months of age.
(d) By 9 months of age.
15. How old was the first patient for whom Gawande was expected to request an autopsy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Lazaroff's son?
2. When did Gawande attend medical school?
3. What were the chances that Caselli could have died during the gastric-bypass surgery?
4. When did the United States National Center for Health Statistics stop collecting autopsy statistics?
5. How many weeks into her pregnancy was Amy Fitzpatrick when she had her first bout with vomiting?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)