|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Turk Wendell insist that his salary be for the 1999 season?
2. How was the woman injured that Gawande had to attend to on a crisp winter Friday?
(a) Auto accident.
(b) A fall at home.
(c) A domestic incident.
(d) A fall at work.
3. When was the case of the badly infected knee that Goodman mishandled?
4. How many scientific studies did Gawande find that assessed whether or not luck actually does go bad on Friday the thirteenth?
5. How many minutes without oxygen could lead to brain damage and perhaps death?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) 3 minutes.
(c) 6 minutes.
(d) 4 minutes.
6. How many companies were registered in attendance at the surgeons convention?
(a) Around 300 companies.
(b) About 900 companies.
(c) About 1700 companies.
(d) Some 1200 companies.
7. How much did a robotic surgery device cost that Gawande's department purchased?
8. What was the average amount of time that a keyboard operator in Australia would lose from work due to disabling arm pain?
(a) 64 days.
(b) 53 days.
(c) 29 days.
(d) 74 days.
9. What time of day was it when Gawande had to leave the procedure on a teenage knifing victim?
(b) 2 a.m.
(c) 10 p.m.
10. At what hotel was Gawande staying for the surgeon's convention?
(a) Best Western.
(b) Embassy Suites.
(d) Hyatt Regency.
11. What type of a local anesthetic did the chief resident use when she put in a central line?
12. What was Quinlan's occupation?
(a) Construction supervisor.
(d) Construction worker.
13. On an EKG, what is the downstroke at the start of a heart beat called?
(a) R wave.
(b) T wave.
(c) S wave.
(d) Q wave.
14. How many times had the surgeons conference been held?
(a) 108 times.
(b) 79 times.
(c) 86 times.
(d) 93 times.
15. How long is the apprenticeship at Shouldice Hospital?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 18 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How heavy was the woman that Gawande had to attend to on a crisp winter Friday?
2. Who is the doctor who was convicted of murdering fifteen patients with lethal doses of narcotics?
3. For over a decade, how many hours did Goodman work a week?
4. What was wrong with Lee Tran?
5. How much do hernia operations cost at Shouldice Hospital?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)