1. How old was the patient Gawande saw while on trauma duty who had been shot in the buttock?
2. What was wrong with Lee Tran?
3. How many years of training did Gawande require to be a general surgeon?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 1, how many weeks had Gawande been in training?
5. How old was the patient who needed a central line?
6. What type of surgery had the patient who needed a central line had a week earlier?
7. What type of a local anesthetic did the chief resident use when she put in a central line?
8. What color of blood indicates that the central line is inserted properly?
This section contains 3,411 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)