|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Case of the Red Leg.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the occupations of Gawande's parents?
2. How old was Mr. Jolly when he died?
(a) In his nineties.
(b) In his fifties.
(c) In his sixties.
(d) In his eighties.
3. Over the course of four days, how many times did Bratton's leg need to be operated upon?
(a) 2 times.
(b) 4 times.
(c) 3 times.
(d) 5 times.
4. How old was the patient who needed a central line?
(a) In his forties.
(b) In his thirties.
(d) In his sixties.
5. Who began his career at the same television station where Drury worked?
(a) Jay Leno.
(b) David Letterman.
(c) Steve Allen.
(d) Johnny Carson.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what hotel was Gawande staying for the surgeon's convention?
2. For how many years have there been workplace programs to focus on the proper way to lift among other things?
3. What was the oxygen saturation of woman who Gawande treats at the beginning of "When Doctors Make Mistakes"?
4. What violation finally got Goodman in trouble?
5. How many patients a day did Goodman's physician's assistant say the man would see and not spend more than five minutes with them?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)