|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Case of the Red Leg.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the former orthopedic surgeon that Gawande writes about in "When Good Doctors Go Bad"?
2. What were Christine Drury's hours when she was an overnight television anchorwoman?
(a) 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
(b) 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
(c) Midnight to 8 a.m.
(d) 8 p.m. to 4 a.m.
3. How much weight did Lazaroff lose in a few months?
(a) About 20 pounds.
(b) Over 50 pounds.
(c) About 30 pounds.
(d) Over 75 pounds.
4. When did a man examine a stack of electrocardiograms to test his diagnostic skills against a computer?
5. Who originated the explanation of pain that has dominated much of medical history?
(a) Gottfried Leibnitz.
(b) Henry K. Beecher.
(c) Rene Descartes.
(d) Baruch Spinoza.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had Gawande's daughter Hunter been home before she became ill?
2. What color of blood indicates that the central line is inserted properly?
3. How many hours each time did Bratton spend in the hyperbaric oxygen chamber?
4. How long had Caselli been married?
5. What time did the retired New England doctor pass away?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)