|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dead Baby Mystery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How late were clinical sessions lined up until at the surgeons convention?
(b) 10:30 p.m.
(c) 8 p.m.
(d) 9 p.m.
2. When did Ronald Melzack and Patrick Wall propose that the pain model be replaced with what they called the Gate-Control Theory of Pain?
3. Who first proposed that a computer could read an EKG better than a human could?
(a) David Angston.
(b) William Baxt.
(c) Michael Bartholomew.
(d) Lars Edenbrandt.
4. What color cast did Gawande's daughter Hattie get when she broke her forearm?
5. How many minutes without oxygen could lead to brain damage and perhaps death?
(a) 6 minutes.
(b) 4 minutes.
(c) 5 minutes.
(d) 3 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many salespeople attended the surgeons convention?
2. In 1999, how many obesity patients had gastric-bypass surgery in the United States?
3. At any given time, approximately what percent of practicing physicians are unfit to see patients?
4. When does the American College of Surgeons convention take place?
5. How much did Caselli weigh before the surgery?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)