|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dead Baby Mystery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many scientific studies did Gawande find that assessed whether or not luck actually does go bad on Friday the thirteenth?
2. Who is the doctor who was convicted of murdering fifteen patients with lethal doses of narcotics?
(a) Gary Manson.
(b) Harold Shipman.
(c) Henry Whitman.
(d) David Andreson.
3. How many patients a day did Goodman's physician's assistant say the man would see and not spend more than five minutes with them?
4. How many electrocardiograms did a man examine to test his diagnostic skills against a computer?
5. Where did Amy Fitzpatrick and her husband drive for Easter?
(a) Boston, Massachusetts.
(b) Yonkers, New York.
(c) Baltimore, Maryland.
(d) Alexandria, Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the first patient for whom Gawande was expected to request an autopsy?
2. How many surgeons attended the American College of Surgeons convention?
3. What percentage of workers' compensation payments are paid to sufferers of back pain?
4. For how many years have there been workplace programs to focus on the proper way to lift among other things?
5. Who was the San Diego surgeon working without a license who bungled some sex-change operations and amputated the leg of a healthy man?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)