|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dead Baby Mystery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what book was a man programmed away from brutality by coupling his violent urges with feelings of nausea?
(a) Love and Nausea.
(b) The Criminal and Nausea.
(c) Clockwork Orange.
2. What was Dr. Richard Sang's practice before he came to Shouldice?
(b) Family Practice.
(d) General surgeon.
3. Where was Amy Fitzpatrick when she had her first bout with vomiting?
(a) Highway 17.
(b) Interstate 88.
(c) New York City's F.D.R. Drive.
(d) Interstate 81.
4. What violation finally got Goodman in trouble?
(a) Not attending the M&M conferences.
(b) Too many lawsuits.
(c) Complaints from other surgeons.
(d) Complaints from patients.
5. What book did British psychologist James Reason write about errors?
(a) Human Error.
(b) Fatal System Error.
(c) Errors and Medicine.
(d) No Room for Error.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many years have there been workplace programs to focus on the proper way to lift among other things?
2. Who first proposed that a computer could read an EKG better than a human could?
3. How much do hernia operations cost at Shouldice Hospital?
4. Who examined a stack of electrocardiograms to test his diagnostic skills against the computer?
5. How was the woman injured that Gawande had to attend to on a crisp winter Friday?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)