|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Man Who Couldn't Stop Eating.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many patients a day did Goodman's physician's assistant say the man would see and not spend more than five minutes with them?
2. Who was the gynecologist from Ohio who subjected hundreds of women when they had been anesthetized for other procedures to bizarre disfiguring procedures that he called the Surgery of Love?
(a) Branson Smith.
(b) David Zaner.
(c) James Burt.
(d) Charles Neeley.
3. Who examined a stack of electrocardiograms to test his diagnostic skills against the computer?
(a) Andrew Weaver.
(b) Henrich Wagner.
(c) Hans Ohlin.
(d) John Brighton.
4. What was Victor Caselli's occupation?
(a) Sanitation engineer.
(b) Assembly-line worker.
(c) Heavy-machine operator and road construction contractor.
(d) Semi-truck driver.
5. How was the woman injured that Gawande had to attend to on a crisp winter Friday?
(a) A fall at work.
(b) A fall at home.
(c) A domestic incident.
(d) Auto accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the surgeon's conference held that Gawande attended?
2. Who directs the chronic-pain treatment center at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston?
3. Since 1998, how many operations have been performed to stop severe blushing?
4. What was the average amount of time that a keyboard operator in Australia would lose from work due to disabling arm pain?
5. When does the American College of Surgeons convention take place?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)