|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Man Who Couldn't Stop Eating.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many years have there been workplace programs to focus on the proper way to lift among other things?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 60 years.
(d) 45 years.
2. When installing a central line, how long is the wire that is inserted into the vein toward the vena cava ?
(a) 12 inches long.
(b) 3 feet long.
(c) 15 inches long.
(d) 2 feet long.
3. At any given time, approximately what percent of practicing physicians are unfit to see patients?
(a) 1-2 percent.
(b) 5-6 percent.
(c) 3-5 percent.
(d) 7-8 percent.
4. How much money did Goodman make in a year when he was doing well?
5. For over a decade, how many hours did Goodman work a week?
(b) 80-100 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the patient who needed a central line?
2. Who was the gynecologist from Ohio who subjected hundreds of women when they had been anesthetized for other procedures to bizarre disfiguring procedures that he called the Surgery of Love?
3. How old was the woman that Gawande saw in the emergency room his first day as a surgical resident?
4. What worked at first to ease Quinlan's pain?
5. How many years of training did Gawande require to be a general surgeon?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)