|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Man Who Couldn't Stop Eating.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percent of the population does a crude estimate suggest are afflicted with severe blushing?
(a) 1 to 7 percent.
(b) About 8 percent.
(c) 5 to 10 percent.
(d) About 2 percent.
2. Who was the San Diego surgeon working without a license who bungled some sex-change operations and amputated the leg of a healthy man?
(a) Martin David White.
(b) Samuel Grayson Phillips.
(c) John Ronald Brown.
(d) Thomas Andrew Martinson.
3. During what year of his training does Gawande have a chance to attend a surgeons convention?
(a) 7th year.
(b) 6th year.
(c) 5th year.
(d) 8th year.
4. When did a man examine a stack of electrocardiograms to test his diagnostic skills against a computer?
5. Where did Drury go to have surgery to stop her blushing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Quinlan hurt when he fell off a plank at a construction site?
2. What color of blood indicates that the central line is inserted properly?
3. What did Tommy Lasorda always eat before a game when he managed the Los Angeles Dodgers?
4. Where did Amy Fitzpatrick get her M.B.A.?
5. What network did Christine Drury work for when she was the overnight anchorwoman?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)