|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Full Moon Friday the Thirteenth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 1, how many weeks had Gawande been in training?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 6 weeks.
2. How old was the woman that Gawande saw in the emergency room his first day as a surgical resident?
(a) About 40.
(b) Early 30s.
(c) Mid 30s.
(d) Late 20s.
3. What was wrong with the woman who Gawande saw in the emergency room on his first day as a surgical resident?
(a) Had a 3-inch screw in her foot.
(b) Had a fractured ankle.
(c) Had a fractured finger.
(d) Had a piece of wire in her hand.
4. Who was the chief resident in charge of the procedure on a teenage knifing victim?
(a) Jon Lopez.
(b) Andrew Brigham.
(c) Alex Dilmer.
(d) David Hernandez.
5. What type of a necklace did New York Mets' pitcher Turk Wendell always wear?
(a) Animal-fang necklace.
(b) A St. Christopher medal on a chain.
(c) A silver four-leaf clover on a chain.
(d) Cross necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the occupations of Gawande's parents?
2. How many studies did Gawande find when doing a computer search to attempt to identify "circalunidian" cycles?
3. How many times had the surgeons conference been held?
4. How much might it cost in most hospitals to repair a hernia?
5. How many hospital patients suffered complications from treatment that prolonged their hospital stay or resulted in disability or death according to a Harvard Medical Practice Study in 1991?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)