|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I - Nine Thousand Surgeons.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the woman injured that Gawande had to attend to on a crisp winter Friday?
(a) A fall at work.
(b) A fall at home.
(c) Auto accident.
(d) A domestic incident.
2. Who first proposed that a computer could read an EKG better than a human could?
(a) Michael Bartholomew.
(b) Lars Edenbrandt.
(c) William Baxt.
(d) David Angston.
3. Who introduced the term "health-care focused factory"?
(a) Rachel Erlinger.
(b) Rochelle Meslinger.
(c) Regina Herzlinger.
(d) Ramona Wyatt.
4. Where did Gawande grow up?
(a) Atlantic, Iowa.
(b) Athens, Ohio.
(c) Atlanta, Georgia.
(d) Alpena, Michigan.
5. How do patients leave the operating room at Shouldice after having surgery?
(a) They leave in a wheelchair.
(b) They walk out of the room.
(c) They use a walker.
(d) They are taken on a gurney.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what year of his training does Gawande have a chance to attend a surgeons convention?
2. How many central lines did Gawande try before succeeding on his own?
3. How many times had the surgeons conference been held?
4. How much do hernia operations cost at Shouldice Hospital?
5. When does the American College of Surgeons convention take place?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)