|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I - Nine Thousand Surgeons.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after Bryce Shouldice left medical school did he begin performing hernia operations at Shouldice?
(a) Right from medical school.
(b) 18 months after finishing medical school.
(c) About 2 years after finishing medical school.
(d) About a year after finishing medical school.
2. How long might it take in most hospitals to repair a hernia?
(a) 90 minutes.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 1 hours.
(d) 45 minutes.
3. How many years of training did Gawande require to be a general surgeon?
4. Who was the chief resident in charge of the procedure on a teenage knifing victim?
(a) David Hernandez.
(b) Alex Dilmer.
(c) Jon Lopez.
(d) Andrew Brigham.
5. What type of a local anesthetic did the chief resident use when she put in a central line?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much might it cost in most hospitals to repair a hernia?
2. How many companies were registered in attendance at the surgeons convention?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 1, how many weeks had Gawande been in training?
4. How was the woman injured that Gawande had to attend to on a crisp winter Friday?
5. When does the American College of Surgeons convention take place?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)