|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dead Baby Mystery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How heavy was the woman that Gawande had to attend to on a crisp winter Friday?
(a) About 300 pounds.
(b) About 175 pounds.
(c) About 130 pounds.
(d) More than 200 pounds.
2. How much might it cost in most hospitals to repair a hernia?
(a) Upward of $4,000.
(b) Around $3,000.
(c) Upward of $8,000.
(d) Around $5,500.
3. What percent of Americans does a 1995 poll show believe that the moon alters individual behavior?
(a) 38 percent.
(b) 16 percent.
(c) 43 percent.
(d) 57 percent.
4. How many central lines did Gawande try before succeeding on his own?
5. How many electrocardiograms did a man examine to test his diagnostic skills against a computer?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did the recovery room nurse at Gawande's hospital weigh at one time?
2. How long did it take a man to examine a stack of electrocardiograms to test his diagnostic skills against a computer?
3. When was Marie Noe giving birth to her children?
4. Where did Amy Fitzpatrick get her M.B.A.?
5. In what country is it controversial to keep the internal organs of the deceased after an autopsy?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)