|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dead Baby Mystery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many electrocardiograms did a man examine to test his diagnostic skills against a computer?
2. What color cast did Gawande's daughter Hattie get when she broke her forearm?
3. What percent of patients with heart attacks who are seen in emergency rooms are mistakenly discharged?
(a) About 10 percent.
(b) About 25 percent.
(c) Between 1 and 5 percent.
(d) Between 2 and 8 percent.
4. How old was the woman whose autopsy Gawande observed at the beginning of the "Final Cut"?
5. At any given time, approximately what percent of practicing physicians are unfit to see patients?
(a) 1-2 percent.
(b) 3-5 percent.
(c) 5-6 percent.
(d) 7-8 percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had Caselli been married?
2. During an all-night interview, how many children did Noe confess she had suffocated?
3. On an EKG, what is the downstroke at the start of a heart beat called?
4. What was the average amount of time that a keyboard operator in Australia would lose from work due to disabling arm pain?
5. Since 1998, how many operations have been performed to stop severe blushing?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)