|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dead Baby Mystery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the gynecologist from Ohio who subjected hundreds of women when they had been anesthetized for other procedures to bizarre disfiguring procedures that he called the Surgery of Love?
(a) David Zaner.
(b) James Burt.
(c) Charles Neeley.
(d) Branson Smith.
2. What type of a necklace did New York Mets' pitcher Turk Wendell always wear?
(a) Animal-fang necklace.
(b) A St. Christopher medal on a chain.
(c) Cross necklace.
(d) A silver four-leaf clover on a chain.
3. When was it first suggested that a computer could read an EKG better than a human could?
4. At what time did the retired New England doctor's wife make it to the hospital once his illness was determined to be fatal?
(b) 5:00 a.m.
(c) 1:15 a.m.
(d) 2:15 a.m.
5. How old was Rowland Scott Quinlan when he began having problems?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Turk Wendell insist that his salary be for the 1999 season?
2. How old was the former orthopedic surgeon that Gawande writes about in "When Good Doctors Go Bad"?
3. How many electrocardiograms did a man examine to test his diagnostic skills against a computer?
4. Who originated the explanation of pain that has dominated much of medical history?
5. What percent of the population does a crude estimate suggest are afflicted with severe blushing?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)