|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I - Nine Thousand Surgeons.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what hotel was Gawande staying for the surgeon's convention?
(a) Hyatt Regency.
(b) Best Western.
(c) Embassy Suites.
2. How many electrocardiograms did a man examine to test his diagnostic skills against a computer?
3. Who examined a stack of electrocardiograms to test his diagnostic skills against the computer?
(a) John Brighton.
(b) Hans Ohlin.
(c) Henrich Wagner.
(d) Andrew Weaver.
4. What was the oxygen saturation of woman who Gawande treats at the beginning of "When Doctors Make Mistakes"?
(a) 98 percent.
(b) 90 percent.
(c) 88 percent.
(d) 50 percent.
5. How old was the patient who needed a central line?
(a) In his forties.
(c) In his thirties.
(d) In his sixties.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first proposed that a computer could read an EKG better than a human could?
2. How long is the apprenticeship at Shouldice Hospital?
3. How much did a robotic surgery device cost that Gawande's department purchased?
4. Where was the surgeon's conference held that Gawande attended?
5. How much might it cost in most hospitals to repair a hernia?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)