|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I - Nine Thousand Surgeons.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do hernia operations take at Shouldice Hospital?
(a) About 90 minutes.
(b) About an hour.
(c) 20-25 minutes.
(d) 30-45 minutes.
2. How much did a robotic surgery device cost that Gawande's department purchased?
3. How old was the woman that Gawande saw in the emergency room his first day as a surgical resident?
(a) Early 30s.
(b) Late 20s.
(c) About 40.
(d) Mid 30s.
4. Who examined a stack of electrocardiograms to test his diagnostic skills against the computer?
(a) John Brighton.
(b) Hans Ohlin.
(c) Henrich Wagner.
(d) Andrew Weaver.
5. How old was the patient Gawande saw while on trauma duty who had been shot in the buttock?
Short Answer Questions
1. What surgery did Gawande assist with for a seventy-five-year-old woman?
2. How many years of training did Gawande require to be a general surgeon?
3. What was wrong with the woman who Gawande saw in the emergency room on his first day as a surgical resident?
4. How many pages were in the book that listed the schedule of programs at the surgeons convention?
5. Who was the staff surgeon in charge of the procedure on a teenage knifing victim?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)