|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I - Nine Thousand Surgeons.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did a man examine a stack of electrocardiograms to test his diagnostic skills against a computer?
2. How many years of training did Gawande require to be a general surgeon?
3. How much did a robotic surgery device cost that Gawande's department purchased?
4. During what year of his training does Gawande have a chance to attend a surgeons convention?
(a) 8th year.
(b) 6th year.
(c) 7th year.
(d) 5th year.
5. How many times had the surgeons conference been held?
(a) 108 times.
(b) 86 times.
(c) 79 times.
(d) 93 times.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 1, how many weeks had Gawande been in training?
2. How was the woman injured that Gawande had to attend to on a crisp winter Friday?
3. How large was the fourth patient that Gawande had to insert a central line?
4. When does the American College of Surgeons convention take place?
5. Who introduced the term "health-care focused factory"?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)