|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I - Nine Thousand Surgeons.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many electrocardiograms did a man examine to test his diagnostic skills against a computer?
2. How many central lines did Gawande try before succeeding on his own?
3. What type of surgery had the patient who needed a central line had a week earlier?
(a) Abdominal surgery.
(b) Hernia surgery.
(c) Heart surgery.
(d) Removal of his appendix.
4. How many times had the surgeons conference been held?
(a) 108 times.
(b) 79 times.
(c) 86 times.
(d) 93 times.
5. Where was the surgeon's conference held that Gawande attended?
(a) New York City.
(b) Kansas City.
(c) Las Vegas.
Short Answer Questions
1. How large was the fourth patient that Gawande had to insert a central line?
2. What type of a local anesthetic did the chief resident use when she put in a central line?
3. At what hotel was Gawande staying for the surgeon's convention?
4. How long did it take a man to examine a stack of electrocardiograms to test his diagnostic skills against a computer?
5. On an EKG, what is the downstroke at the start of a heart beat called?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)