|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Queasy Feeling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percentage of workers' compensation payments are paid to sufferers of back pain?
(a) 80 percent.
(b) 25 percent.
(c) 40 percent.
(d) 35 percent.
2. Where did Amy Fitzpatrick and her husband drive for Easter?
(a) Alexandria, Virginia.
(b) Yonkers, New York.
(c) Baltimore, Maryland.
(d) Boston, Massachusetts.
3. When did Ronald Melzack and Patrick Wall propose that the pain model be replaced with what they called the Gate-Control Theory of Pain?
4. At what convention center was the surgeon's conference held?
(a) McCormick Place.
(b) Donald E. Stevens Convention Center.
(c) Chicagoland Conference Center.
(d) Chicago Convention Center.
5. When did a man examine a stack of electrocardiograms to test his diagnostic skills against a computer?
Short Answer Questions
1. How late were clinical sessions lined up until at the surgeons convention?
2. Where did Amy Fitzpatrick live?
3. What percent of pregnant women experience morning sickness?
4. When was a manuscript written that described putting delinquent juveniles inside a box outside town hall that would be spun at high speed until the youth vomited?
5. How old was the former orthopedic surgeon that Gawande writes about in "When Good Doctors Go Bad"?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)