|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Queasy Feeling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who examined a stack of electrocardiograms to test his diagnostic skills against the computer?
(a) Andrew Weaver.
(b) Henrich Wagner.
(c) John Brighton.
(d) Hans Ohlin.
2. On an EKG, what is the downstroke at the start of a heart beat called?
(a) R wave.
(b) Q wave.
(c) S wave.
(d) T wave.
3. When were Fitzpatrick's twins born?
(a) 40th week.
(b) 37th week.
(c) 33rd week.
(d) 35th week.
4. How much money did Goodman make in a year when he was doing well?
5. During what week in Fitzpatrick's pregnancy was she able to eat an odd selection of four things in sliver-size portions?
(a) 29th week.
(b) 23rd week.
(c) 35th week.
(d) 30th week.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what hotel was Gawande staying for the surgeon's convention?
2. Where was Amy Fitzpatrick when she had her first bout with vomiting?
3. When did Harvard psychologist William James observe that certain deaf people were immune to seasickness?
4. How many operating rooms are at Shouldice Hospital?
5. How old was the former orthopedic surgeon that Gawande writes about in "When Good Doctors Go Bad"?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)