|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Queasy Feeling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the former orthopedic surgeon that Gawande writes about in "When Good Doctors Go Bad"?
2. How many pages were in the book that listed the schedule of programs at the surgeons convention?
3. When did Harvard psychologist William James observe that certain deaf people were immune to seasickness?
4. What was Dr. Richard Sang's practice before he came to Shouldice?
(b) General surgeon.
(c) Family Practice.
5. How do patients leave the operating room at Shouldice after having surgery?
(a) They walk out of the room.
(b) They are taken on a gurney.
(c) They use a walker.
(d) They leave in a wheelchair.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long might it take in most hospitals to repair a hernia?
2. Who introduced the term "health-care focused factory"?
3. Who is the doctor who was convicted of murdering fifteen patients with lethal doses of narcotics?
4. How many weeks into her pregnancy was Amy Fitzpatrick when she had her first bout with vomiting?
5. What worked at first to ease Quinlan's pain?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)