|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Queasy Feeling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after Bryce Shouldice left medical school did he begin performing hernia operations at Shouldice?
(a) About a year after finishing medical school.
(b) Right from medical school.
(c) 18 months after finishing medical school.
(d) About 2 years after finishing medical school.
2. When did Ronald Melzack and Patrick Wall propose that the pain model be replaced with what they called the Gate-Control Theory of Pain?
3. How long might it take in most hospitals to repair a hernia?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 90 minutes.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) 1 hours.
4. How many pages were in the book that listed the schedule of programs at the surgeons convention?
5. When does the American College of Surgeons convention take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Amy Fitzpatrick get her M.B.A.?
2. How do patients leave the operating room at Shouldice after having surgery?
3. When did Harvard psychologist William James observe that certain deaf people were immune to seasickness?
4. How late were clinical sessions lined up until at the surgeons convention?
5. When were Fitzpatrick's twins born?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)