|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Montaigne's opinion of his own performance as a husband compared to his expectations?
(a) He failed to meet his expectations.
(b) He surpassed his expectations.
(c) His performance was totally different from his expectations.
(d) He just barely met his expectations.
2. Montaigne's model for the rhetoric in his work is best described as what?
3. Montaigne's perspective as a male is best described as which of the following?
4. What important female leader was a native of Montaigne's nation?
(a) Joan of Arc.
(b) Queen Elizabeth.
(c) Queen Isabelle.
5. Which of the following feudal ranks are counts and barons above?
Short Answer Questions
1. The first part of Montaigne's journal was actually written by whom?
2. Book 3 of Essays contains how many essays?
3. Montaigne's secretary notes near the end of Travel Journal: Chapter 13, that the region they are in was once controlled by what nation?
4. What office did Montaigne take up at the end of the journeys that he describes in his travel journal
5. Montaigne writes that people from what nation were often relied upon to establish and maintain social order?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Genoese keep Guiseppe locked up?
2. How does Montaigne say that he was able to deal with the restrictions of marriage?
3. What does Montaigne say about truth?
4. What are Montaigne's influences in his "Apology to Raymond Sebond"?
5. Why did Montaigne undertake his travels?
6. What is Montaigne's general perspective?
7. What disappointed Montaigne in Rome?
8. Why did Montaigne write his travel journals?
9. How does Montaigne says that personal character is related to repentance?
10. What was St. George noted for?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)