|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Montaigne's general attitude towards women was what?
2. Montaigne says that the Roman dishes are superior to French dishes made of what?
3. Montaigne says that women know more than men about what?
(b) The fields.
4. The first part of Montaigne's journal was actually written by whom?
(a) His long-time friend.
(b) His secretary.
(c) His wife.
(d) Another philosopher.
5. Montaigne's perspective causes him to focus on what?
(a) Causes and effects.
(b) Personal relations.
(c) Social hierarchy.
(d) Moral and ethical issues.
Short Answer Questions
1. What office did Montaigne take up at the end of the journeys that he describes in his travel journal
2. Montaigne visits what type of a religious site dedicated to St. George?
3. What is Montaigne's opinion of his own performance as a husband compared to his expectations?
4. What was the main motivation of the journeys that Montaigne describes in his travel journal?
5. What famous work by St. Thomas Aquinas significantly affects Montaigne?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Montaigne's general attitude towards women?
2. What is Montaigne's general perspective?
3. What was St. George noted for?
4. What are some of the powers that Roman baths are reputed to have?
5. Describe the course of Montaigne's journey described in Travel Journal: Chapter 15.
6. What does Montaigne say about truth?
7. Why did Montaigne undertake his travels?
8. What church promotion occurred in Trent while Montaigne was there?
9. Overall, what is Montaigne's writing style like?
10. What did the notorious criminal Catena once force two men to do before he killed them?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)