1. What is strange about the way Feudalism tends to divide territory?
The way that Fuedalism divides territory is strange because foreign powers can often control land that is ostensibly within the borders of another sovereign nation.
2. Why was Montaigne arrested in Paris in 1588?
Montaigne was arrested in Paris in 1588 because he was a moderate and loyal to the King during the religious civil wars taking place in the nation.
3. What was Montaigne's general attitude towards marriage?
Montaigne's general attitude towards marriage was negative, and he had a notable bout of promiscuity before he married on his father's advice. However, he was apparently an excellent husband.
4. What is the purpose of this book, according to Montaigne?
According to Montaigne, the purpose of this book is a personal one, although it is not intended to be a confession.
5. What was the cause of most religious wars in Europe in Montaigne's time?
The cause of most religious wars in Europe in Montaigne's time was the disputes between the Catholic church and the various protestant churches formed by Luther, Calvin, and others.
This section contains 2,170 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)