|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Travel Journal : Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In one of Montaigne's stories, the man named Parmenio has to awaken whom?
(a) Caesar Augustus.
(b) Alexander the Great.
(d) Julius Caesar.
2. Montaigne suggests that what element of child-rearing common in his own time is not necessary?
(c) Swaddling clothes.
(d) A crib.
3. Montaigne writes that people from what nation were often relied upon to establish and maintain social order?
4. What nation does Montaigne head for in Travel Journal: Chapter 13?
(d) The Netherlands.
5. Who was the target audience of the social experiment that Montaigne discusses near the end of Book 2 of Essays: Chapter 8?
(a) The upper class.
(b) The nobility.
(c) The working class.
(d) The aristocracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Travel Journal: Chapter 13, Montaigne describes a priest who speaks what out-of-place language as part of his services?
2. In Book 1 of Essays: Chapter 3, Essay #10, Montaigne discussed the cultural practices of what people?
3. At the time that Montaigne was engaged in his translation of the unusual book, what philosophy was gaining significant popularity?
4. What is Montaigne's general attitude towards marriage?
5. About what percentage of Bordeaux's population died as a result of the major disease that hit it while Montaigne was in office there?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)