|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Travel Journal : Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the main motivation of the journeys that Montaigne describes in his travel journal?
(b) Religious pilgrimage.
2. The "truth" that Montaigne speaks of in the essay in Book 2 of Essays, "Of Repentance" is best described as what?
(c) Consensus reality.
(d) An illusion.
3. What does Montaigne say about how bad a vice lying is in general?
(a) It is worse than it may seem.
(b) It is not as bad as most believe.
(c) It is unavoidable.
(d) It is not necessarily a vice.
4. Which historian does Montaigne discuss as having written one of the first official histories of Rome?
5. What city-state in Greece was notable for supporting a matriarchal society for a long time in Greece?
Short Answer Questions
1. Montaigne's view of the role of women was what?
2. In Book 1 of Essays: Chapter 3, Essay #48, Montaigne discusses an unusual rule instituted by knights of what nation?
3. In one of Montaigne's stories, the man named Parmenio has to awaken whom?
4. Montaigne suggests that all religions are essentially what?
5. Near the end of Book 1 of Essays: Chapter 3, Montaigne discusses two men who suffer from what?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)