|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Travel Journal : Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major city is Montaigne headed to in the journeys described in Travel Journal: Chapter 13?
2. Luther and Calvin were notable for helping to start what movement?
(a) The French revolution.
(b) The magna carta.
(c) The English civil war.
(d) The Protestant revolution.
3. Montaigne says that extra time is often allotted to prepare war horses for what?
4. The first part of Montaigne's journal was actually written by whom?
(a) His long-time friend.
(b) His secretary.
(c) His wife.
(d) Another philosopher.
5. While Montaigne was in office in Bordeaux, what system experienced major problems?
(a) The aqueduct system.
(b) The sewage system.
(c) The highway system.
(d) The canal system.
Short Answer Questions
1. Montaigne's secretary notes near the end of Travel Journal: Chapter 13, that the region they are in was once controlled by what nation?
2. What type of argument does Montaigne make regarding the book that he discusses in Book 2 of Essays: Chapter 7, Essay #12?
3. What does Montaigne say about how bad a vice lying is in general?
4. What types of things does Montaigne believe cannot be repented for?
5. In Montaigne's story about the man leading a large number of troops, what moves the man to act with mercy?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)