|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Travel Journal : Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Montaigne treated women without what?
2. In what month did the first part of Montaigne's journey start?
3. Montaigne says that a fabricated storyline must be what?
4. How does Montaigne say that father's generally view the flaws of their sons?
(a) They blow them out of proportion.
(b) They disapprove strongly of them.
(c) They ignore them.
(d) They can never disregard them.
5. Near the end of Book 2 of Essays: Chapter 8, Montaigne discusses how and whether what type of results should be brought about?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the culture Montaigne describes, women were discouraged from visiting public baths if they were what?
2. The noble who is discussed in Book 1 of Essays: Chapter 4, Essay #46 holds what position?
3. What philosopher does Montaigne quote briefly on the subject of authority?
4. The relationship that Montaigne warned against was common among what ancient people?
5. Montaigne suggests that what element of child-rearing common in his own time is not necessary?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)