|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Travel Journal : Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language was the unusual book that Montaigne's father came into possession of written in?
2. What is Montaigne's opinion of his own performance as a husband compared to his expectations?
(a) His performance was totally different from his expectations.
(b) He just barely met his expectations.
(c) He surpassed his expectations.
(d) He failed to meet his expectations.
3. Montaigne's sees which of the following as being the role of a man?
(b) Intellectual pursuit.
4. In one of Montaigne's stories, the man who performs a kind of social experiment on people of a lower social station had what profession?
5. What does Montaigne suggest is essential in order for a person to lead a good life?
(a) A strong family.
(b) Religious dedication.
(c) Parental affection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject does the first introduction for this book cover?
2. At the time that Montaigne was engaged in his translation of the unusual book, what philosophy was gaining significant popularity?
3. What philosopher did Montaigne believe to have been a major influence on the unusual book that he translated?
4. In what month do the travels described in Travel Journal: Chapter 13 begin?
5. About what percentage of Bordeaux's population died as a result of the major disease that hit it while Montaigne was in office there?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)