|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book of Essays 2 : Chapter 8,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Montaigne suggests that it is difficult to do what with war horses?
(a) Mount them.
(b) Breed them.
(c) Tend them.
(d) Train them.
2. In Book 1 of Essays: Chapter 2, Montaigne describes how the prince of what region gained control over part of France?
3. What major disease hit Bordeaux while Montaigne was in office there?
(a) Small pox.
(b) Bubonic plague.
4. What factor tends to restrict the conditions for women?
(b) Economic booms.
5. Near the end of Book 1 of Essays: Chapter 3, the two men that Montaigne discusses are cured of their affliction through what?
(b) Restful sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. The unusual book that Montaigne's father came into possession of was written using the words endings from what language?
2. Montaigne characterizes most of the "common people" as being what?
3. What religion was Montaigne raised in?
4. In Book 1 of Essays: Chapter 3, Essay #48, Montaigne discusses an unusual rule instituted by knights of what nation?
5. What language was this book originally written in?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)