|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 of Essays : Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion did Montaigne's mother belong to?
2. Montaigne acknowledges that it is less of a vice to lie in order to avoid which of the following?
(b) Appearing ignorant.
3. What was unusual about what Gutenburg did with bibles?
(a) He distributed them for free.
(b) He interpreted them in a new way.
(c) He printed them in common languages.
(d) He sold them to non-Christians.
4. The noble who is discussed in Book 1 of Essays: Chapter 4, Essay #46 rules what region?
5. What character trait does Montaigne say are specifically brought about by a particular treatment of children by parents?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the father of the noble who is discussed in Book 1 of Essays: Chapter 4, Essay #46?
2. About what percentage of Bordeaux's population died as a result of the major disease that hit it while Montaigne was in office there?
3. What language was the unusual book that Montaigne's father came into possession of written in?
4. The civil wars that occurred in Montaigne's country during his early years as an adult were primarily fought over what issues?
5. Montaigne characterizes his parents' treatment of him as which of the following?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)