|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 of Essays : Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Montaigne's general attitude towards marriage?
(a) It should be put off.
(b) It is not for most people.
(c) It is not worth the effort.
(d) It is a huge burden.
2. Montaigne suggests that deceit requires a great deal of what?
3. What was Montaigne's father's opinion on education?
(a) He thought it was only for the middle class.
(b) He thought it was too expensive.
(c) He valued it.
(d) He dismissed it.
4. What treatment of children by parents does Montaigne cite as leading to specific character traits?
5. Montaigne recommends that men not marry until they reach what age?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 1 of Essays: Chapter 3, Essay #48, Montaigne discusses an unusual rule instituted by knights of what nation?
2. The enemy that Conrad subdued in one of Montaigne's stories about mercy was from what nation?
3. What was unusual about what Gutenburg did with bibles?
4. While Montaigne was in office in Bordeaux, what system experienced major problems?
5. Montaigne suggests that it is difficult to do what with war horses?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)