|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1 of Essays : Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many terms did Montaigne serve in office in Bordeaux?
2. What was unusual about what Gutenburg did with bibles?
(a) He interpreted them in a new way.
(b) He printed them in common languages.
(c) He sold them to non-Christians.
(d) He distributed them for free.
3. Montaigne suggests that most war horses were not what?
4. The noble who is discussed in Book 1 of Essays: Chapter 4, Essay #46 rules what region?
5. What religion was Montaigne raised in?
Short Answer Questions
1. The noble who is discussed in Book 1 of Essays: Chapter 4, Essay #46 organizes his dinner guests according to what?
2. In one of Montaigne's stories, the man named Parmenio has to awaken whom?
3. How does Montaigne say that father's generally view the flaws of their sons?
4. What does Montaigne say about how bad a vice lying is in general?
5. What subject does the second introduction for this book cover?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)