|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1 of Essays : Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Montaigne acknowledges that it is less of a vice to lie in order to avoid which of the following?
(c) Appearing ignorant.
2. Montaigne suggests that deceit requires a great deal of what?
3. What was unusual about what Gutenburg did with bibles?
(a) He sold them to non-Christians.
(b) He distributed them for free.
(c) He interpreted them in a new way.
(d) He printed them in common languages.
4. What language was this book originally written in?
5. What religion did Montaigne's mother belong to?
Short Answer Questions
1. While Montaigne was in office in Bordeaux, what system experienced major problems?
2. In Montaigne's story about the man leading a large number of troops, what moves the man to act with mercy?
3. In one of Montaigne's stories about mercy, what position does Conrad hold?
4. Montaigne says that a fabricated storyline must be what?
5. What century did Montaigne live in?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)