|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Travel Journal : Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Montaigne says that he could never do what with respect to his father?
(a) Speak poorly of him.
(b) Forget him.
(c) Deny him.
(d) Disobey him.
2. Montaigne's secretary notes near the end of Travel Journal: Chapter 13, that the region they are in was once controlled by what nation?
(a) The papal states.
3. What types of things does Montaigne believe cannot be repented for?
(a) Things outside of one's control.
(b) Intentional murders.
(d) Violent crimes.
4. Montaigne's writing does not appear to be what?
5. The relationship that Montaigne warned against was common among what ancient people?
(a) The Egyptians.
(b) The Romans.
(c) The Carthaginians.
(d) The Greeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday was Montaigne able to observe at Saint Peter's in Rome?
2. What religion was Montaigne raised in?
3. Montaigne writes that a wife should treat her husband as if he were what?
4. The apocryphal slaying that St. George performed is a reference to him overcoming what?
5. What age does Montaigne recommend that males remain virgins until?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)