|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Travel Journal : Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first part of Montaigne's journal was actually written by whom?
(a) His wife.
(b) His secretary.
(c) His long-time friend.
(d) Another philosopher.
2. Montaigne's view of the role of women was what?
3. St. George is said to have slain what?
(a) A minotaur.
(b) A sea monster.
(c) A demon.
(d) A dragon.
4. Where did Montaigne end the journeys that he describes in his travel journal?
5. What creature dose Montaigne discuss near the end of Book 2 of Essays: Chapter 7, Essay #12?
(a) The raccoon.
(b) The hedgehog.
(c) The mole.
(d) The rat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Montaigne specifically suggests that mastering what desire is a good example of virtue?
2. Montaigne describes a culture that recommends bathing how often?
3. In his writing, Montaigne avoids becoming excessively what?
4. The noble who is discussed in Book 1 of Essays: Chapter 4, Essay #46 holds a feast for whom?
5. In one of Montaigne's stories about mercy, what position does Conrad hold?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)