|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Travel Journal : Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Most of the essays that follow Book 2 of Essays, Essay #12, Apology to Raymond Sebond center on what subject?
(a) Democracy and Republics.
(b) Thought and reasoning.
(d) Morality and ethics.
2. What was Montaigne's religion?
3. In one of Montaigne's stories, the man who performs a kind of social experiment on people of a lower social station had what profession?
4. What holiday was Montaigne able to observe at Saint Peter's in Rome?
(a) No holiday.
(b) All Saint's Day.
(c) The Assumption of the Virgin Mary.
5. In Book 1 of Essays: Chapter 3, Essay #10, Montaigne notes that the people he discusses tend to leave scars with what type of surgical procedure?
Short Answer Questions
1. Guiseppe was skilled in what area?
2. In what month do the travels described in Travel Journal: Chapter 13 begin?
3. In the culture Montaigne describes, women were discouraged from visiting public baths if they were what?
4. Montaigne describes a culture that recommends bathing how often?
5. The unfinished church that Montaigne visits is to be called what?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)