|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Travel Journal : Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. St. George is said to have slain what?
(a) A demon.
(b) A dragon.
(c) A minotaur.
(d) A sea monster.
2. Montaigne's secretary notes near the end of Travel Journal: Chapter 13, that the region they are in was once controlled by what nation?
(d) The papal states.
3. In his writing, Montaigne avoids becoming excessively what?
4. In Travel Journal: Chapter 13, Montaigne describes a priest who speaks what out-of-place language as part of his services?
5. Montaigne's perspective causes him to focus on what?
(a) Moral and ethical issues.
(b) Causes and effects.
(c) Social hierarchy.
(d) Personal relations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Montaigne believes that not all vices are what?
2. Montaigne characterizes his parents' treatment of him as which of the following?
3. Montaigne's general attitude towards women was what?
4. What female features significantly in Montaigne's faith?
5. What important female leader was a native of Montaigne's nation?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)