|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Travel Journal : Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject does the first essay from Book 2 center on?
(b) Human behavior.
2. What major city is Montaigne headed to in the journeys described in Travel Journal: Chapter 13?
3. What character trait does Montaigne say are specifically brought about by a particular treatment of children by parents?
4. At what city along Montaigne's path does French stop being the predominant language?
5. Montaigne recommends that men not marry until they reach what age?
Short Answer Questions
1. What nation does Montaigne head for in Travel Journal: Chapter 13?
2. Montaigne's writing does not appear to be what?
3. The philosopher that Montaigne quotes on the subject of authority believes that authority is most secure when derived from what source?
4. Montaigne doubts affection that is based on what?
5. What treatment of children by parents does Montaigne cite as leading to specific character traits?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)