|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Travel Journal : Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Montaigne's writing does not appear to be what?
2. Montaigne believes that not all vices are what?
3. What was Montaigne's religion?
4. What did Christ teach about the treatment of women?
(a) They should be submissive to their husbands.
(b) They are superior to men in some ways.
(c) They should be treated as free people.
(d) They should have an equal place with men.
5. Montaigne recommends that men not marry until they reach what age?
Short Answer Questions
1. Montaigne treated women without what?
2. At what city along Montaigne's path does French stop being the predominant language?
3. Montaigne's perspective causes him to focus on what?
4. The philosopher that Montaigne quotes on the subject of authority believes that authority is most secure when derived from what source?
5. Montaigne discusses how a man named Clesius was promoted to what rank?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)