|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poems 1670-1775.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Emily uses images of the Biblical characters _______ in Poem 540.
(a) Jesus and Satan.
(b) Herod and Jesus.
(c) David and Goliath.
(d) Matthew and Luke.
2. Poem 1719 describes the nature of God. In this poem she indicates that she knows God is a _____ God.
3. Emily writes about a cat chasing ____ in Poem 507.
(a) A mouse.
(b) A leaf.
(c) A bird.
(d) A squirrel.
4. In Poem 1075, Emily writes about nature in one of its less regal moments. What is described by Emily in this poem?
(a) A crisp autumn day.
(b) A dark winter day.
(c) A sunlit summer day.
(d) A wet spring day.
5. In Poem 608, Emily states she is afraid of the ______ no more than the east is afraid of the morning time.
(b) Atomic bomb.
(c) End of time.
(d) Judgment Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Poem 609 tells of returning home after being away for several years. Emily expresses _____ at the idea of knocking on the door for fear that someone she does not know will answer and want to know why she is there.
2. In Poem 437, according to Emily, what determines if a prayer is accomplished?
3. In Poem 396, Emily writes about a pleasant _____ in life that is closer to occurring than pain.
4. In Poem 80, the author writes, "Our lives are ____ -- / So still -- so Cool --."
5. In Poem 726, lines 2, 4, and 6 end with the rhyming words of die, by and ____.
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)