|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poems 1670-1775.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Poem 234 is another poem that explores the topic of what happens to people when _______.
(a) They die.
(b) They marry.
(c) They divorce.
(d) They are born.
2. Poem 1764 is written about the beautiful, unique noise the ____ make on early spring mornings.
3. In Poem 292, Emily writes about gathering the _____ to do something one is afraid to do.
4. In Poem 1075, Emily writes about nature in one of its less regal moments. What is described by Emily in this poem?
(a) A dark winter day.
(b) A sunlit summer day.
(c) A wet spring day.
(d) A crisp autumn day.
5. In Poem 536, Emily describes a hierarchy of ______ of living conditions.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the final stanza of Poem 507, Emily writes about the cat's dashed hopes for what?
2. Poem 149 begins, "She went as quiet as the ___".
3. A unique feature of Emily's poetry is her liberal use of _____ instead of more traditional punctuation.
4. In Poem 723, Emily uses the imagery of a stormy sea and ______to describe life?
5. In Poem 277, Emily contemplates what might happen if she were to do what?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)