|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poems 1670-1775.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Poem 1391, Emily writes about the effect her actions might have on other people. She states she hangs around just in case others need her, in case her _____ might brighten their day.
2. In Emily's first analogy in Poem 632, she states _____ can encompass more that the sky because it can comprehend the secrets of the sky along with other information.
(a) The soul.
(b) The brain.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The heart.
3. In Poem 507, Emily refers to the bird as _____ which revealed a thousand toes and then ran away on them.
4. Emily concludes Poem 1075 by stating this is a day when nature is caught without its ____.
5. In Poem 964, Emily writes about the way in which God accepts His children. Although Emily tells Jesus she does not know Him, He tells her who He is and _________.
(a) His sins.
(b) From where he comes.
(c) His plans.
(d) His father's name.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what voice does the poet write in Poem 47?
2. In the final stanza of Poem 413, Emily contemplates trying to run away from God; but, according to Emily, what will she not be able to escape?
3. In Poem 234, the phrases Emily uses to describe the way in which one enters into heaven comes from the book of _____ found in the New Testament of the Christian Bible.
4. Poem 92 states, "Mortal, my friend must be, / Because it ____!"
5. In conclusion of Poem 480, Emily indicates that it is the ______ that compels her to love him.
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)