|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poems 1082-1353.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Poem 1052, Emily writes that even though she has not physically seen heaven, she knows it exists. She states that she knows heaven exists in the same way that although she has never seen _____, but she knows it exists.
(a) The sun.
(b) The sea.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The desert.
2. In Poem 726, lines 2, 4, and 6 end with the rhyming words of die, by and ____.
3. In the final stanza of Poem 429, Emily compares herself to _____ in the way in which she promises to be obedient to the far away acquaintance.
(a) The night.
(b) The sea.
(c) The stars.
(d) The moon.
4. In Poem 429 _____ is always obedient to the power of the moon and never oversteps its bounds.
(a) The stars.
(b) Her love.
(c) The seasons.
(d) The sea.
5. In Poem 61, Emily requests God prepare the mouse a _____ in heaven in which to pass eternity.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Poem 215, Emily asks if those in Eden wear _____ .
2. Emily concludes Poem 1075 by stating this is a day when nature is caught without its ____.
3. In Poem 536, if they can't have ______, humans would prefer to have no pain.
4. A unique feature of Emily's poetry is her liberal use of _____ instead of more traditional punctuation.
5. Paradise is the topic of Poem 215. What does Emily ask about paradise?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)