|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poems 1082-1353.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Poem 339, Emily writes of her wonder that such small flowers can hold so much beautiful ____.
2. In Poem 256, Dickinson indicates she believes she is now banished from heaven. She concludes ______ has turned his face away from her.
(a) Her son.
(b) The Savior.
(c) The Devil.
(d) Her husband.
3. In Poem 168, Emily notes that the _____ call flowers simply flowers while other people classify these same flowers into groups.
4. Emily writes about a cat chasing ____ in Poem 507.
(a) A leaf.
(b) A bird.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) A mouse.
5. In the final stanza of Poem 737, Emily portrays the moon as being the owner or possessor of _______ with the remainder of the stars, firmament and universe being only garments and decorations for the moon.
(a) God's love.
(b) The earth.
(d) The Universe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Poem 1163 makes an interesting comment about the nature of God. She states that God does not act without what?
2. In Poem 632, Emily states that the brain is the same weight as _______.
3. Poem 389 is another poem that addresses the reality of death. According to Emily, where has a death occurred?
4. In Poem 964, Emily writes about the way in which God accepts His children. Although Emily tells Jesus she does not know Him, He tells her who He is and _________.
5. Poem 561 is a poem about grief and hurt. To what does Emily compare the grief of each grieving person she meets?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)