|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poems 1082-1353.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Poem 84 begins, "Her breast is fit for ____, / But I was not a 'Diver.'"
2. The wind is the topic of Poem 1137. In the first stanza Emily describes the duties of the wind as including directing ships at sea and marking the beginning of ____.
3. In Poem 339, Emily writes of how she tends her _____ in honor of some absent person.
4. In Poem 1075, Emily writes about nature in one of its less regal moments. What is described by Emily in this poem?
(a) A wet spring day.
(b) A sunlit summer day.
(c) A dark winter day.
(d) A crisp autumn day.
5. In Poem 470, Emily knows she is alive because she is not laid out in a _________________with people looking over her dead body and asking questions about her death.
(a) Funeral home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Doom is the subject of Poem 475. In this poem, what is described by Emily as doom?
2. _____ is the theme of Poem 470. Emily states that she believes she is alive.
3. In Poem 377, Emily makes the point that it is worse to lose one's faith than to lose _________________?
4. Poem 193, addresses the promise _____ has made that after life is over the human will understand the reason for their troubles on earth.
5. In Poem 292, Emily encourages one to go ahead and try even if the courage is not there. She suggests holding a steady _____ and also taking deep breaths.
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)