|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poems 1082-1353.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Poem 729 is a statement of undying devotion to a mysterious ____.
(c) Church worker.
2. In Poem 964, Emily writes about the way in which God accepts His children. Although Emily tells Jesus she does not know Him, He tells her who He is and _________.
(a) His father's name.
(b) His plans.
(c) His sins.
(d) From where he comes.
3. In the final stanza of Poem 737, Emily portrays the moon as being the owner or possessor of _______ with the remainder of the stars, firmament and universe being only garments and decorations for the moon.
(a) The earth.
(c) God's love.
(d) The Universe.
4. In Poem 292, Emily writes about gathering the _____ to do something one is afraid to do.
5. In Poem 215, Emily asks if those in Eden wear _____ .
(a) New shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of Poem 621?
2. In the final stanza of Poem 507, Emily writes about the cat's dashed hopes for what?
3. This book includes two versions of Poem 824. Both poems address the same topic, but the wording and _____ differ slightly from one poem to the other.
4. In Poem 377, Emily makes the point that it is worse to lose one's faith than to lose _________________?
5. Poem 84 begins, "Her breast is fit for ____, / But I was not a 'Diver.'"
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)