|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poems 723-804.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Poem 540, unlike _____, Emily does not fell her giant; she only succeeds in conquering herself.
2. In Poem 118, Emily wishes she could do away with all of humanity and begin her time in _________.
3. In Poem 103, to what does Emily equate the lack of prayer?
(a) Killing someone.
(b) Lying to God.
(c) Killing oneself.
(d) Lying under oath in court.
4. In the final stanza of Poem 429, Emily compares herself to _____ in the way in which she promises to be obedient to the far away acquaintance.
(a) The night.
(b) The stars.
(c) The moon.
(d) The sea.
5. In Poem 536, if they can't have ______, humans would prefer to have no pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Emily writes about a cat chasing ____ in Poem 507.
2. Among what may Angels be seen in the early morning in Poem 94?
3. In Poem 234, Emily shows her uncertainty of what actually happens to the bad people by tacking the phrase ______ onto the end of her poem.
4. Poem 193, addresses the promise _____ has made that after life is over the human will understand the reason for their troubles on earth.
5. In Poem 245, when Emily does wake, the ____ is gone, and Emily is left with only its memory.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)