|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poems 723-804.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Poem 762, Emily again addresses the subject of death. This time she writes about a ____ killed by a cat.
2. In Poem 168, Emily moves on to insist that those who read ______ but don't understand the text should not be criticized by those who have studied Biblical texts.
3. In the final stanza of Poem 507, Emily writes about the cat's dashed hopes for what?
(a) Catching the mouse.
(b) Eating dinner.
(c) Catching the bird.
(d) Catching the squirrel.
4. Doom is the subject of Poem 475. In this poem, what is described by Emily as doom?
(a) A garden.
(b) A mountain.
(c) A storm.
(d) A house.
5. In Poem 389, the doctor has left and the _____ has come to take charge of the situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Poem 477, Emily writes that no one can determine the scope or direction of ________.
2. In Poem 413, Emily gives her reasons for knowing she won't like ___________.
3. Poem 149 begins, "She went as quiet as the ___".
4. In Poem 737, Emily describes the moon in friendly terms. The description paints a picture of the moon being arrayed in silver, beryl and ____, materials used often in jewelry.
5. In Poem 318, where are the sunrise and sunset which Emily describes?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)