|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poems 413-503.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject of Poem 67?
2. Poem 256 turns the idea of hope on its head. Emily writes about becoming _________.
(a) Married and widowed.
(b) Lost after once being found.
(c) Blessed and married.
(d) Buried in her garden.
3. In Poem 389, the poet ends with saying this is how it always happens in ________________.
(a) Small towns.
(b) The mountains.
(c) Large cities.
(d) The country.
4. In Poem 77, the author writes, "I never hear the word _____ / Without a quicker blood."
5. Poem 149 begins, "She went as quiet as the ___".
Short Answer Questions
1. Paradise is the topic of Poem 215. What does Emily ask about paradise?
2. In the final stanza of Poem 413, Emily contemplates trying to run away from God; but, according to Emily, what will she not be able to escape?
3. In Poem 339, Emily writes of her wonder that such small flowers can hold so much beautiful ____.
4. Poem 351 brings forth the image of a person being able to examine their life manually as one might examine ____________.
5. In Poem 245, when Emily does wake, the ____ is gone, and Emily is left with only its memory.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)