|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poems 413-503.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Poem 437, according to Emily, what determines if a prayer is accomplished?
(a) If God hears the prayer or not.
(b) If God exists.
(c) If prayer is worthwhile.
(d) If life is worth living.
2. What is the poet speaking to in Poem 48?
(a) A flower.
(b) A dove.
(c) A jewel.
(d) A butterfly.
3. Poem 245 is a poem of loss. In it Emily speaks of a ____ that she has.
4. In Poem 377, Emily makes the point that it is worse to lose one's faith than to lose _________________?
(a) A husband.
(b) A lover.
(c) A child.
(d) A large amount of land or money.
5. In Poem 118, Emily wishes she could do away with all of humanity and begin her time in _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. _____ is the theme of Poem 470. Emily states that she believes she is alive.
2. In Poem 61, Emily writes a humorous epitaph for a mouse that has been killed by a ____.
3. Poem 324 tells about Emily's _____ routine. While others in her village go to church, she stays at home and communes with God in nature.
4. In Poem 339, Emily writes of how she tends her _____ in honor of some absent person.
5. In Poem 318, Emily describes the _____ as ribbons unfolding as squirrels run to tell the news.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)