|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poems 95-213.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Poem 23, the author hopes that "he" finds no comfort where he is until he chooses to __________.
(a) Go to God.
2. In Poem 199, Emily seems to be writing about the transition from being a single woman to being married and becoming a wife. She indicates it is safer to be _____.
(a) A man.
(b) A child.
(c) A wife.
3. In Poem 153, what does the author write is "the only Secret?"
4. In Poem 168, Emily moves on to insist that those who read ______ but don't understand the text should not be criticized by those who have studied Biblical texts.
5. In what voice does the poet write in Poem 47?
(a) Third person.
(b) Second person.
(c) Fourth person.
(d) First person.
Short Answer Questions
1. Poem 149 begins, "She went as quiet as the ___".
2. Poem 193, addresses the promise _____ has made that after life is over the human will understand the reason for their troubles on earth.
3. What is the poet speaking to in Poem 48?
4. In Poem 90, Emily talks about having something just _____ without having the ability to grasp hold of it.
5. In Poem 127, if some people knew such dwellings were waiting for them, by what means would they go there as soon as possible?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)