|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poems 95-213.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Poem 199, Emily seems to be writing about the transition from being a single woman to being married and becoming a wife. She indicates it is safer to be _____.
(b) A wife.
(c) A child.
(d) A man.
2. In Poem 103, what does Emily feel in the morning after having such dreams?
3. Among what may Angels be seen in the early morning in Poem 94?
(a) The Dews.
(b) The trees.
(c) The clouds.
(d) The River.
4. In Poem 103, to what does Emily equate the lack of prayer?
(a) Killing oneself.
(b) Lying to God.
(c) Killing someone.
(d) Lying under oath in court.
5. In Poem 67, the sounds of _____ are often agonizing to those who die for their cause.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Poem 96, whom does the poet address with the line, "My Master's sleeping here. Pray lead me to his bed!"?
2. In Poem 127, if some people knew such dwellings were waiting for them, by what means would they go there as soon as possible?
3. Emily attempts to convince the man that being single is _________ in Poem 1?
4. Poem 92 states, "Mortal, my friend must be, / Because it ____!"
5. Poem 193, addresses the promise _____ has made that after life is over the human will understand the reason for their troubles on earth.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)