|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poems 95-213.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Poem 90, Emily talks about having something just _____ without having the ability to grasp hold of it.
(c) Within reach.
(d) Out of reach.
2. In Poem 127, if some people knew such dwellings were waiting for them, by what means would they go there as soon as possible?
3. The first of Emily Dickinson's poems is a cry for a single man to choose what for himself?
(a) A house.
(b) A flower.
(c) A lover.
(d) A garden.
4. According to Emily In Poem 103, if she has not seen hidden things in her dreams, what will the birds not do the following day?
(c) Visit her.
(d) Be quiet.
5. In Poem 67, the sounds of _____ are often agonizing to those who die for their cause.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Poem 61, Emily writes a humorous epitaph for a mouse that has been killed by a ____.
2. In Poem 168, who is one of the heroes of the Old Testament of the Christian Bible who was denied entrance into Canaan, the Promised Land?
3. Poem 193, addresses the promise _____ has made that after life is over the human will understand the reason for their troubles on earth.
4. Poem 136 begins, "Have you got a ____ in your little heart, / Where bashful flowers blow?"
5. In Poem 118, Emily wishes she could do away with all of humanity and begin her time in _________.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)