|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poems 312-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Poem 389 is another poem that addresses the reality of death. According to Emily, where has a death occurred?
(a) In the house across the street from hers.
(b) In her father's home.
(c) In the garden.
(d) In her home.
2. In Poem 245, when Emily does wake, the ____ is gone, and Emily is left with only its memory.
3. Poem 256 turns the idea of hope on its head. Emily writes about becoming _________.
(a) Buried in her garden.
(b) Married and widowed.
(c) Blessed and married.
(d) Lost after once being found.
4. In Poem 234, Emily shows her uncertainty of what actually happens to the bad people by tacking the phrase ______ onto the end of her poem.
(b) "Let's hope."
(c) "I guess."
5. In Poem 324, instead of the bells and ornamentation of a large church, Emily's music is that of a ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Poem 136 begins, "Have you got a ____ in your little heart, / Where bashful flowers blow?"
2. In Poem 77, the author writes, "I never hear the word _____ / Without a quicker blood."
3. In Poem 168, who is one of the heroes of the Old Testament of the Christian Bible who was denied entrance into Canaan, the Promised Land?
4. Poem 234 is another poem that explores the topic of what happens to people when _______.
5. Poem 193, addresses the promise _____ has made that after life is over the human will understand the reason for their troubles on earth.
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)