|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poems 312-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Poem 351, after her contemplation is over, she decides even she might learn to like to live ____ just as she likes her earthly home.
(a) In hell.
(b) With a husband.
(c) In heaven.
(d) In the clouds.
2. In Poem 234, Emily shows her uncertainty of what actually happens to the bad people by tacking the phrase ______ onto the end of her poem.
(c) "I guess."
(d) "Let's hope."
3. In Poem 324, instead of the bells and ornamentation of a large church, Emily's music is that of a ____.
4. Paradise is the topic of Poem 215. What does Emily ask about paradise?
(a) Why she hasn't found it.
(b) Where it is.
(c) Who lives there.
(d) When she will arrive.
5. In Poem 234, the phrases Emily uses to describe the way in which one enters into heaven comes from the book of _____ found in the New Testament of the Christian Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Among what may Angels be seen when the sun is hottest in Poem 94?
2. Poem 118 makes a comment on the violent nature of ___________.
3. Poem 92 states, "Mortal, my friend must be, / Because it ____!"
4. In Poem 389, the doctor has left and the _____ has come to take charge of the situation.
5. In Poem 339, Emily writes of her wonder that such small flowers can hold so much beautiful ____.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)