|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poems 805-1081.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Poem 829, the grave is a bed where the sleeper waits for __________.
(b) Judgment Day.
2. In Poem 226, Emily professes allegiance to a friend by telling this friend that she would harass God until God did what?
(a) Let the friend marry.
(b) Let the friend be with her.
(c) Saved the friend's life.
(d) Let the friend into heaven.
3. Emily makes an interesting comment about quiet people in Poem 543. She states that she ____ quiet people, those of few words.
(d) Is jealous of.
4. Poem 561 is a poem about grief and hurt. To what does Emily compare the grief of each grieving person she meets?
(a) That of Jesus's.
(b) That of her mother.
(c) That of her own.
(d) That of her father.
5. In the third stanza of Poem 561, Emily wonders if the person has to work to ______ and if they would prefer to die rather than to go on hurting.
(b) Make money.
(c) Continue to live.
(d) Find faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Poem 254 presents a beautiful picture of the idea of hope. In this poem Emily portrays hope as a _______.
2. In Poem 254, only a severe ____ can drown out the sound of the tune.
3. In Poem 507, Emily refers to the bird as _____ which revealed a thousand toes and then ran away on them.
4. In Poem 809, Emily writes about the nature of love. She states that those who are loved are unable to do what?
5. In Poem 292, Emily encourages one to go ahead and try even if the courage is not there. She suggests holding a steady _____ and also taking deep breaths.
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)