|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poems 805-1081.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Poem 245 is a poem of loss. In it Emily speaks of a ____ that she has.
2. In Poem 1078, death is once again the topic. Here Emily speaks of the movement in a house the day after someone has died. Instead of the packing up of physical things, Emily refers to the packing up of ____.
3. In Poem 540, Emily states she set her power against the world and although she didn't have the power ____ had, she had more that the amount of boldness he did.
4. According to Poem 829, the grave is a bed where the sleeper waits for __________.
(d) Judgment Day.
5. In Poem 245, when Emily does wake, the ____ is gone, and Emily is left with only its memory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Emily makes an interesting comment about quiet people in Poem 543. She states that she ____ quiet people, those of few words.
2. Emily writes about a cat chasing ____ in Poem 507.
3. In Poem 536, if none of this is possible, people will generally desire ____ and the ability to be set free from their suffering.
4. Paradise is the topic of Poem 215. What does Emily ask about paradise?
5. In Poem 823, Emily states that God is not interested in what things people have done while on earth, but the things they might have done had they been more ____.
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)