|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poems 805-1081.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Poem 1021, Emily describes the life of the children of God. What, according to Emily, will these people often feel far from?
(a) The temptation of sin.
(b) The devil.
(c) The affection of their heavenly Father.
(d) The world around them.
2. In Poem 540, unlike _____, Emily does not fell her giant; she only succeeds in conquering herself.
3. Poem 234 is another poem that explores the topic of what happens to people when _______.
(a) They die.
(b) They marry.
(c) They are born.
(d) They divorce.
4. In Poem 1052, Emily writes that even though she has not physically seen heaven, she knows it exists. She states that she knows heaven exists in the same way that although she has never seen _____, but she knows it exists.
(a) The mountains.
(b) The desert.
(c) The sea.
(d) The sun.
5. In Poem 245, when Emily does wake, the ____ is gone, and Emily is left with only its memory.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Poem 809, the act of being loved turns people into _______.
2. In Poem 823, Emily states that God is not interested in what things people have done while on earth, but the things they might have done had they been more ____.
3. In Poem 964, Emily writes about the way in which God accepts His children. Although Emily tells Jesus she does not know Him, He tells her who He is and _________.
4. Emily concludes Poem 1075 by stating this is a day when nature is caught without its ____.
5. Emily uses images of the Biblical characters _______ in Poem 540.
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)