|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, how old are Eric and Marisol?
2. What Indian tribe is rumored to be in the DNA on Jeanette's mother's side of the family?
3. In Chapter 8, what was the temperature when Teresa left Los Angeles and flew to Switzerland?
4. What type of car does Fix own in Chapter 7?
5. In Chapter 6, how many years older is Leo than Franny?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jeannette describe Albie in Chapter 5?
2. In what way is Leo and Franny's relationship doomed even before the house guests in Chapter 6?
3. In Chapter 8, what are Teresa's reasons for retiring?
4. Why does Leo rent a house for the summer in Chapter 6?
5. In Chapter 7, why does Fix say that Leo's wife is the unsung hero in the relationship between him and Franny?
6. At the beginning of Chapter 7, where are Fix and his daughters driving and why?
7. What does Holly do at the airport in Lucerne while she waits for her mother's flight to come from Paris?
8. In Chapter 5, how does Fode know that Albie is Jeannette's brother?
9. In Chapter 6, why does Leo struggle to make ends meet?
10. How did Holly end up living in Switzerland?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After Teresa retires, she visits Holly at the meditation center in Switzerland. What does the meditation center mean to both of them, and what benefits do both women gain from the center?
Essay Topic 2
Although characters can be motivated by others, most self-growth occurs when characters make their own decisions and become their own persons. How do Franny and Teresa grow when they learn to make their own decisions and to become their own persons?
Essay Topic 3
Because of the divorce, the Cousins and Keating children spend most of their summers together. What type of relationship do the six children have, and why is Albie often on the outside when the older children do things together?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)