|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the priest have to do, so he has to leave the party in Chapter 1?
2. In Chapter 3, what is the name of Franny's cat?
3. In Chapter 1, what color dress is Beverly wearing?
4. In Chapter 4, from what state does Leon Posen have a driver's license?
5. How many divorces did Bert have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Heinrich go to college and what did he study?
2. Who is in the kitchen when Fix returns with ice in Chapter 1?
3. How much time does Bert petition to spend with his children and how does he get what he wants?
4. Why does Franny want to know if Leon is staying at the hotel in Chapter 4?
5. Why does Bonnie, Beverly's sister, approach Father Joe Mike during the party in Chapter 1?
6. Why did kids love Lomer?
7. In Chapter 3, where does Beverly go when her house is full of children and she cannot even go to her bedroom?
8. How did Lomer die?
9. In Chapter 3, what does Teresa think about Bert and his appearance?
10. How did Wallis die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Blame for the divorce is placed upon certain characters depending upon who is contemplating the divorce and how it occurred. Who does Fix blame for the divorce and why?
Essay Topic 2
After Teresa retires, she visits Holly at the meditation center in Switzerland. What does the meditation center mean to both of them, and what benefits do both women gain from the center?
Essay Topic 3
The novel is told from a third-person omniscient point of view. The stories that the narrator tells follow different characters. How does the point of view affect how the stories are told and what readers know about characters and events?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)