|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Beverly marry her third husband?
2. In Chapter 1, when is Bert and Teresa's baby due?
3. How much taller is Leon Posen than Franny?
4. What does the priest have to do, so he has to leave the party in Chapter 1?
5. In Chapter 4, what time had Franny clocked in for her shift?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Franny doing when she sees Leon Posen in Chapter 4?
2. How do the Cousins children feel about California?
3. Who is the nurse who gets Fix's chemotherapy started and what does she look like?
4. How did Wallis die?
5. What does Cousins discuss with Father Joe Mike at the christening party in Chapter 1?
6. What is the room like where Fix has his chemotherapy?
7. Why does Franny want to know if Leon is staying at the hotel in Chapter 4?
8. In Chapter 3, what does Teresa think about Bert and his appearance?
9. How did Lomer die?
10. Why did kids love Lomer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Blame for the divorce is placed upon certain characters depending upon who is contemplating the divorce and how it occurred. Who does Fix blame for the divorce and why?
Essay Topic 2
Fix had a partner by the name of Lomer. Even when he is old and dealing with cancer, Fix has fond memories of Lomer and their relationship. What type of relationship did Fix and Lomer have and why is Fix affected by the relationship so many years later?
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the novel, Franny visits Bert. Why does Franny visit Bert, and what does her longing for home have to do with the visit?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)