|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month is it in Chapter 5?
2. In Chapter 6, how long have Leo and Franny been in a relationship?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 6 years.
3. In Chapter 8, what was the temperature when Teresa left Los Angeles and flew to Switzerland?
4. In Chapter 5, how did Albie get money for pot?
(a) Stole Holly's babysitting money.
(b) Took Jeannette babysitting money.
(c) Took money from his mother's purse.
(d) Stole it.
5. When Holly sees her mother at the Lucerne airport in Chapter 8, how many years does she think it has been since she last saw her mother?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 8 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 12 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what recipe does Franny's mother give her for a dinner?
2. Where did Bert and Teresa go for their honeymoon?
3. In Chapter 8, what newspaper does Holly read while she waits for her mother in the Lucerne airport?
4. How many people live at Zen-Dojo Tozan in Chapter 8?
5. What was the name of Jeanette's grandmother's housekeeper?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Fix, Caroline, and Franny go to Teresa's house on Fix's birthday?
2. In Chapter 6, why does Leo struggle to make ends meet?
3. What children do Caroline and Franny have?
4. How did Holly end up living in Switzerland?
5. What is the car like that Holly drives to pick up her mother from the airport in Chapter 8?
6. In what way is Leo and Franny's relationship doomed even before the house guests in Chapter 6?
7. In Chapter 8, what are Teresa's reasons for retiring?
8. Where did The Cousins children live after Cal died?
9. In Chapter 7, why does Fix say that Leo's wife is the unsung hero in the relationship between him and Franny?
10. In Chapter 6, where does Leo rent a house for the summer, and what is the house like?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)