|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Leo have?
2. In Chapter 5, how many years ago did Albie disappear?
3. What was Teresa's major in college?
(a) French literature.
(d) English literature.
4. In Chapter 6, where does Caroline practice patent law?
(c) Silicon Valley.
5. What color does Albie wear when Jeannette first sees him in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Caroline when Cal died?
2. In Chapter 7, how many years has it been since Leo died?
3. In Chapter 8, how far is Holly's drive to the Lucerne airport?
4. In Chapter 7, who does Fix say broke up Leo and Franny?
5. What type of car did Bert's parents give him when he graduated from college?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Teresa feel after her flight to Switzerland in Chapter 8?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 7, where are Fix and his daughters driving and why?
3. What does Franny's mother tell her to make for dinner in Chapter 6?
4. What does Holly do at the airport in Lucerne while she waits for her mother's flight to come from Paris?
5. In Chapter 8, what are Teresa's reasons for retiring?
6. Why do Fix, Caroline, and Franny go to Teresa's house on Fix's birthday?
7. Why does Leo rent a house for the summer in Chapter 6?
8. How does Albie say that Cal died?
9. In Chapter 7, why does Fix say that Leo's wife is the unsung hero in the relationship between him and Franny?
10. In what way is Leo and Franny's relationship doomed even before the house guests in Chapter 6?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)