|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much taller is Leon Posen than Franny?
(a) 5 inches.
(b) 10 inches.
(c) 6 inches.
(d) 8 inches.
2. Who did Bonnie marry?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A priest.
(d) A cop.
3. In Chapter 2, what year does Fix remember Lomer telling a story about a beagle who was found with his dead master and a woman?
4. Where does Albert Cousins work?
(a) Elementary school.
(b) Porter, Price, and Preston.
(c) City offices.
(d) District attorney's office.
5. Where is the television in Beverly and Bert's house in Chapter 3?
(c) Master bedroom.
(d) Family room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the occupation of Bert's great-grandfather?
2. What is Fix's date of birth?
3. In Chapter 2, when Fix remembers a time when he and Lomer found a man beaten in his home, where was the perpetrator found?
4. In Chapter 2, where did Franny come from to see Fix?
5. In Chapter 4, during a normal work shift, how many times would an employee hear the music tape?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Leon Posen staying in Iowa City in Chapter 4?
2. How did Lomer die?
3. What is Leon's problem with Iowa City?
4. When Bert's children arrive for the summer, what happens?
5. Why does Franny want to know if Leon is staying at the hotel in Chapter 4?
6. How many times has Beverly been married and to whom?
7. Who is in the kitchen when Fix returns with ice in Chapter 1?
8. Who is Dick Spencer?
9. Where does Teresa get a job after the divorce and how does she get the job?
10. Who is the nurse who gets Fix's chemotherapy started and what does she look like?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)