|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how long does Cal lock his brothers and sisters out of the house after school?
(a) About an hour and a half.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) At least an hour.
(d) 45 minutes.
2. When Fix has his treatment in Chapter 2, on what floor of the hospital is he treated?
3. In Chapter 2, how old was Albie when he tried to set his school on fire?
4. In Chapter 3, how long do Beverly and the Cousins children wait at baggage claim before Beverly learns that they have no luggage?
(a) Half an hour.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 40 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
5. In Chapter 4, what artist is singing when Leon Posen stops to listen while Franny helps him move out of the bar?
(a) Gladys Knight and the Pips.
(b) Lou Rawls.
(d) George Benson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Bert and Peggy live before their divorce?
2. When are Teresa and Bert's children allowed to fly alone?
3. When Fix fails the bar exam the first time, what does Marjorie's mother fix for dinner?
4. In Chapter 4, what does Franny get Jerrell to drink?
5. How much taller is Leon Posen than Franny?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cousins discuss with Father Joe Mike at the christening party in Chapter 1?
2. Why does Franny want to know if Leon is staying at the hotel in Chapter 4?
3. Why does Cousins decide to attend the christening party in Chapter 1?
4. What is Leon's problem with Iowa City?
5. Why has Fix always favored Caroline over Franny?
6. Why is Leon Posen staying in Iowa City in Chapter 4?
7. How did Lomer die?
8. What is Franny doing when she sees Leon Posen in Chapter 4?
9. In Chapter 3, what does Teresa think about Bert and his appearance?
10. In Chapter 4, why is Franny a cocktail waitress?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)