|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Bert from?
2. Who did Bonnie marry?
(a) A cop.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A priest.
3. How much taller is Leon Posen than Franny?
(a) 6 inches.
(b) 8 inches.
(c) 10 inches.
(d) 5 inches.
4. In Chapter 4, what does Franny get Jerrell to drink?
(c) Ice tea.
5. Where does Fix's brother Tom and his family live in Chapter 1?
(a) San Marcos.
(c) Solana Beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the tourniquet that goes on Fix's arm in Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 4, how long has Fred worked the bar?
3. What type of trees are in the backyard of Fix's house in Chapter 1?
4. In Chapter 4, what has Franny been eating when she sees Leon Posen?
5. When Teresa and Bert's children fly alone for the first time in Chapter 3, who refuses to wear the junior airman wings they are given?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Heinrich go to college and what did he study?
2. How does Fix describe his neighborhood and how it makes him feel as he and Tom go for ice in Chapter 1?
3. Who is the nurse who gets Fix's chemotherapy started and what does she look like?
4. In Chapter 2 what did Beverly ask Fix to do once for Albie and how did Fix help?
5. Why is Leon Posen staying in Iowa City in Chapter 4?
6. What is Franny doing when she sees Leon Posen in Chapter 4?
7. What does a mutual friend tell Teresa is Bert's reason for moving back to Virginia with Beverly?
8. How did Wallis die?
9. Who is in the kitchen when Fix returns with ice in Chapter 1?
10. Why did kids love Lomer?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)