|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what day of the week does the gardener come and tend the gardens at the house Leo rents for the summer?
2. How old is Marjorie in Chapter 7?
3. What type of street guide does Fix use in Chapter 7?
(c) Rand McNally.
(d) Thomas Brothers.
4. Where do Fix and Marjorie live in Chapter 7?
(b) Santa Monica.
5. Where is the actress who owns the house that Leo Posen rents for the summer in Chapter 6?
6. In Chapter 5, where did Albie go to military school?
(a) North Carolina.
7. In Chapter 6, what recipe does Franny's mother give her for a dinner?
(a) Herb soup with crab.
(b) Lobster bisque.
(c) Seafood chowder.
(d) Oyster stew.
8. In Chapter 7, who does Franny remember called her when Leo died?
9. In Chapter 5 when Jeanette remembered how Albie broke his shoulder and tore an ear, how many stitches were required?
10. In Chapter 8, where does Teresa tell Holly that Albie is living?
(a) New Orleans.
11. In Chapter 7, what color does Caroline dye her hair?
(b) Reddish brown.
(c) Brownish black.
12. What does Marisol do for a living in Chapter 6?
(a) Manages an art gallery.
(b) Manages a restaurant.
(c) Professor at a law school.
(d) Teaches elementary school.
13. In Chapter 7, how far does Albie live from Caroline?
(a) 90 minutes.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 2 hours.
14. In Chapter 5, how many flights of stairs does Jeanette climb to her apartment?
15. What type of car did Bert's parents give him when he graduated from college?
(a) Mercedes Benz.
(c) Mini Cooper.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Torrance High School, what color were three bands of tiles that went around the entire boys' bathroom?
2. What language do Fode and Bintou speak when they are alone?
3. In Chapter 8, how long is Teresa's flight to Lucerne delayed?
4. In Chapter 8, how far is Holly's drive to the Lucerne airport?
5. In Chapter 6, how old is Leo's granddaughter?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)