• A christening party is being held for Fix Keating’s new baby girl.
• Fix is surprised when Albert Cousins from the DA’s office arrives at the party.
• Bert is at the party, because he is looking for an excuse not to have to spend the day at home with his pregnant wife and three kids.
• He avoids being at home as much as possible, and his wife, Teresa, is left to deal with three children and another on the way with very little help from Bert.
• Bert brings a bottle of gin as a gift.
• Bert notices Fix’s wife, Beverly.
• Beverly asks Fix to get ice for the party, so he and his brother Tom go to the store.
• When they return, Fix feels like something has changed, but he is not sure what has happened.
• Bert notices that Fix seems to have a better...
This section contains 2,941 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)