Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must be in place once a country becomes civilized?
2. What claim does Paine make about cultivation?
3. What does Paine think is created between religions by the existence of certain churches?
4. What is not present in the Indian culture?
5. Does Paine believe it is possible to evolve from a natural state to a civilized state?
Paine rejects the notion that religion should be used in politics in any way.
1) Describe Paine's views on religion and what should be considered when opposing someone's opinions or beliefs.
2) Explain Paine's warning against using religion for political purposes and the results of what happens when faith is misused in this way.
3) Describe the Quakers and their situation according to Paine's analysis of them in The Crisis.
Analyze the rivalry between Paine and Burke as it is chronicled in the Rights of Man. Include how the two were once allies, what caused them to be on opposite sides, and the differences between both of their motives. Also, describe Paine's intentions with the Rights of Man and the advantages he has over Burke in his writings.
Explain Paine's theory from the beginning of The Crisis about how America should approach the war and the conditions that face the country. Include how Paine believes it will not be an easy war to win, why he thinks America will be victorious, and his general ideas about rewards in proportion to the effort it takes to earn them.
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)