|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the American Revolution received the most attention, according to Paine?
(a) The sacrifices made by the American soldiers.
(b) The sacrifices made by the American people.
(c) The formation of a new government in America.
(d) The separation of America from England.
2. How many rebuttals did Burke make to Paine's Rights of Man?
3. What makes Paine's goal of every person receiving property impossible?
(a) The inability of some to take care of a property.
(b) The proportion of the limited number of people to the available land.
(c) The inevitable greed of some in stealing property.
(d) The proportion of limited land to the number of people on the earth.
4. According to Paine, what should each man strive for?
(a) To make the world a powerful place.
(b) To make the world a decent place.
(c) To make the world a happy place.
(d) To make the world a noteworthy place.
5. How does Paine describe life in an uncivilized culture?
(a) As a continual holiday.
(b) As an extended vacation.
(c) As a continual vacation.
(d) As an extended holiday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paine surmise Burke's view of government entails?
2. To what does Paine compare kings?
3. What ancient philosopher does Paine mention in Age of Reason?
4. How many people are born equal in a natural state?
5. What must be in place once a country becomes civilized?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)