|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people are born equal in a natural state?
(a) Most of them.
(b) All of them.
(c) None of them.
(d) Some of them.
2. In what way does the concept of holding property disinherit people?
(a) Gradually, at an even pace.
(b) Gradually, at a slower pace.
(c) Evenly, at a quicker pace.
3. What will happen to a person who denies another the right to practice a different religion?
(a) That person will never be able to criticize religion.
(b) That person will never be able to legitimately discuss religion.
(c) That person will never be able to change his or her own mind.
(d) That person will never be able to change anyone else's mind.
4. How does Paine describe the people of ancient times in Agrarian Justice?
5. After being banished by the Almighty, where did Satan later reappear?
(a) In a garden.
(b) In a river.
(c) In a tree.
(d) In a forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sacrifice was made in the formation of some churches, according to Paine?
2. Through his belief in God, what does Paine hope for?
3. According to the second part of the Rights of Man, when was Combining Principals and Practice written?
4. How does Paine describe the Resurrection?
5. What season does Paine use in the metaphor that ends the second part of the Rights of Man?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)