|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people are born equal in a natural state?
(a) Most of them.
(b) All of them.
(c) Some of them.
(d) None of them.
2. What part of the American Revolution received the most attention, according to Paine?
(a) The sacrifices made by the American soldiers.
(b) The separation of America from England.
(c) The formation of a new government in America.
(d) The sacrifices made by the American people.
3. To what does Paine compare kings?
4. How does Paine describe the people of ancient times in Agrarian Justice?
5. Which years of the American Revolution did America have no government?
(a) The first two.
(b) The last three.
(c) The first three.
(d) The last two.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Indians does Paine use as an example in Agrarian Justice?
2. What area do Paine and the Marquis differ on?
3. What does Paine surmise Burke's view of government entails?
4. What label does Paine give to revelations that have not been witnessed?
5. Where is the church located to which Paine subscribes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Paine believe that mystery and Miracles are incompatible with religion?
2. What bold prediction does Paine make about the future of the monarchy and why?
3. What is Paine's theories on churches and which one does he ascribe to?
4. What is Paine's belief about land distribution at birth and why does he think it is impractical?
5. What is the historical significance of the life of Jesus?
6. What is the proof of God's existence that Paine also believes is a guide for people to live their lives?
7. What is the concept of land ownership and rent owned, and how does it compare to the approach to land that people had in ancient times?
8. How does Paine consider cultivation and dispossession?
9. Does Paine think that a natural state and civilized state are exchangeable?
10. What question does Paine pose to Burke after a comment made by Burke during a speech in Canada?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)