|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What label does Paine give to revelations that have not been witnessed?
2. How much of the earth's population does the concept of holding property disinherit?
(a) Half of it.
(b) All of it.
(c) Three fourths of it.
(d) One fourth of it.
3. How well were Paine's views on religion known when Age of Reason was written?
(a) His views on religion were only known by his friends.
(b) He was well known for advocating freedom of religion.
(c) He was well known for not advocating freedom of religion.
(d) His views on religion were not known.
4. Does Paine believe it is possible to evolve from a natural state to a civilized state?
(c) Only in certain cases.
(d) He is unsure.
5. In the Christian tale, where is Satan banished to by the Almighty?
(a) A cave.
(b) A pit.
(c) A mountain.
(d) A desert.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Paine admire the Marquis?
2. Why didn't Paine reply to any of the responses to the Rights of Man?
3. Which years of the American Revolution did America have no government?
4. How many people witnessed and documented the Resurrection?
5. What point does Paine make about the rights of people to believe in events that took place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Paine believe is the general focus of any effective constitution?
2. What question does Paine pose to Burke after a comment made by Burke during a speech in Canada?
3. What opinion does Paine have of people who believe and follow Christianity?
4. What is the concept of land ownership and rent owned, and how does it compare to the approach to land that people had in ancient times?
5. What is the proof of God's existence that Paine also believes is a guide for people to live their lives?
6. What issue does Paine address concerning the Old and New Testaments?
7. What about the American Revolution causes the world to take notice?
8. What are some of the doubts Paine expresses about prophecies?
9. What are Paine's thoughts on the Immaculate Conception and the Resurrection?
10. How are all people born in a natural state, and what does Paine think the responsibility of a civilized state is?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)