|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the second part of the Rights of Man, when was Combining Principals and Practice written?
2. From where does Paine think Christianity adapted a lot of its philosophies?
(b) Popular stories.
(c) Previous scriptures.
3. On which concept is the new Whig party based?
(a) A three-party system.
(c) A two-party system.
4. How many rebuttals did Burke make to Paine's Rights of Man?
5. What does Paine think civilized states need to develop remedies for?
(a) To cure evil.
(b) To cure ignorance.
(c) To cure illness.
(d) To cure apathy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of payment does Paine think should be paid to those who have been cheated of their inheritance?
2. Which Indians does Paine use as an example in Agrarian Justice?
3. Why does Paine admire the Marquis?
4. Which years of the American Revolution did America have no government?
5. What season does Paine use in the metaphor that ends the second part of the Rights of Man?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Paine define a revelation?
2. What are some of the doubts Paine expresses about prophecies?
3. What is the concept of land ownership and rent owned, and how does it compare to the approach to land that people had in ancient times?
4. Does Paine think that a natural state and civilized state are exchangeable?
5. What issue does Paine address concerning the Old and New Testaments?
6. What is Paine's theories on churches and which one does he ascribe to?
7. What are Paine's thoughts on the Immaculate Conception and the Resurrection?
8. What opinion does Paine have of people who believe and follow Christianity?
9. How does Paine consider cultivation and dispossession?
10. What is Paine's theory on how people who have been cheated of their land inheritance should be compensated?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)