Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must be in place once a country becomes civilized?
(a) A system to prevent the natural state from returning.
(b) A system to prove the validity of the natural state.
(c) A system to change the natural state.
(d) A system to preserve the natural state.
2. What claim does Paine make about cultivation?
(a) It is an unnecessary thing.
(b) It is a necessary thing.
(c) It is one of the best things to ever be invented.
(d) It is one of the worst things to ever be invented.
3. What does Paine think is created between religions by the existence of certain churches?
4. What is not present in the Indian culture?
(a) Extreme opposites.
(b) Extreme similarities.
(c) One dominant view.
(d) Several different views.
5. Does Paine believe it is possible to evolve from a natural state to a civilized state?
(b) He is unsure.
(c) Only in certain cases.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Paine, what happened as a result of the Christian tales?
2. How does Paine describe life in an uncivilized culture?
3. According to the second part of the Rights of Man, when was Combining Principals and Practice written?
4. Why does Paine admire the Marquis?
5. After being banished by the Almighty, where did Satan later reappear?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)