|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Christian tale, where is Satan banished to by the Almighty?
(a) A cave.
(b) A desert.
(c) A pit.
(d) A mountain.
2. What sacrifice was made in the formation of some churches, according to Paine?
3. What are the main components of a civilized society?
(a) The affluent and the poor.
(b) The affluent and the middle class.
(c) The affluent, the middle class, and the poor.
(d) The middle class and the poor.
4. As mentioned by Paine in Age of Reason, what did Jesus preach?
(a) Only morality.
(b) Only benevolence.
(c) Benevolence and morality.
(d) Paine is unaware of the teachings of Jesus.
5. How does Paine consider those who follow the Christian tales?
(a) He has pity for them.
(b) He does have disdain for them.
(c) He admires them.
(d) He does not have disdain for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Paine believe every person should be issued property?
2. According to Paine, what age should a person be to receive compensation for an disinheritance?
3. What term refers to a property that does not need to be maintained by the owner?
4. According to Paine, what should each man strive for?
5. What form does Satan take on in reappearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Paine believe that mystery and Miracles are incompatible with religion?
2. What is Paine's theories on churches and which one does he ascribe to?
3. What example of an uncivilized society does Paine use in Agrarian Justice?
4. Does Paine think that a natural state and civilized state are exchangeable?
5. How are all people born in a natural state, and what does Paine think the responsibility of a civilized state is?
6. What is Paine's definition of a civilized society?
7. What is impressive about the way George Washington became the first president of the United States of America and the way he was compensated?
8. What is Paine's writing style throughout Common Sense and his other collected works, and how will Paine be remembered?
9. How does Paine consider cultivation and dispossession?
10. What is Paine's theory on how people who have been cheated of their land inheritance should be compensated?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)