Short Answer Key
Introduction and Appendix
1. How does Thomas Paine write the book Common Sense?
2. In the Introduction, what does Paine state about the thoughts of the book?
They may not be popular.
3. What does Paine believe will happen with time?
His views will become accepted and possibly favored.
4. According to Paine, what is the difference between society and government?
Positivism versus negativism.
5. What does society promote?
6. What does government promote?
7. How does Paine describe society?
As a blessing.
8. What does Paine consider the government to be?
A necessary evil.
9. In an ideal world, who would make decisions regarding regulations?
All members of society.
10. What grows along with a society?
A need for more regulations.
11. What does Paine believe should never separate the elected from the electors?
Belief or action.
12. What types of goals should the...
This section contains 2,708 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)