|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agragarian Justice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What area do Paine and the Marquis differ on?
(a) How political reform can occur.
(b) Why political reform should occur.
(c) Where political reform needs to occur.
(d) When political reform can occur.
2. What do civilized states have that natural states do not?
(b) The enforcement of laws.
(d) The absence of laws.
3. Where is Paine living when Burke's pamphlet is being published?
4. Does Paine believe it is possible to evolve from a civilized state to a natural state?
(c) Only in certain cases.
(d) He is not sure.
5. How does Paine describe life in an uncivilized culture?
(a) As an extended holiday.
(b) As a continual vacation.
(c) As an extended vacation.
(d) As a continual holiday.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Paine, what does Burke lack?
2. How does Paine respond to the people who cannot follow his logic?
3. How did the men in the American army fight Howe?
4. How does Paine view the story of Eve and the apple?
5. Besides the length, what is the reason Paine wanted to separate the sections of the Rights of Man?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)