|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agragarian Justice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What label does Paine give to revelations that have not been witnessed?
2. What will the first twenty years of American independence not predict, according to Paine?
(a) The next ten years.
(b) The next twenty years.
(c) The next fifteen years.
(d) The next five years.
3. What is the famous quote by Paine that starts the section, The Crisis?
(a) These are the times that try men's souls.
(b) These are the men whose soul's have been tried.
(c) These are the times that men's souls are tested.
(d) These are the men whose soul's need to be tested.
4. What does Paine consider the government to be?
(a) An unnecessary problem.
(b) A necessary problem.
(c) A necessary evil.
(d) An unnecessary evil.
5. According to British law, how long do the children of the king have the right to rule over every common person?
(a) Only for the first generation.
(b) Only up until the second generation.
(c) As long as the government reigns.
(d) Only up until the third generation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paine believe should never separate the elected from the electors?
2. What does government promote?
3. In the Introduction, what does Paine state about the thoughts of the book?
4. How long would news take to travel from England to America if the two countries were to reconcile at this point?
5. In what way does the concept of holding property disinherit people?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)