|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agragarian Justice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents the British from effectively governing America?
(a) Their reputation.
(b) Their recklessness.
(c) Their fear.
(d) Their ignorance.
2. What tactic will the king use to gain favor in the long run if he cannot rule through force in the short run?
3. What city did the British incorrectly assume was the center of America when they attacked it?
(a) New York.
4. How does Paine describe the Resurrection?
(a) It was a timeless event.
(b) It was an incomparable event.
(c) It was a private event.
(d) It was a public event.
5. Why do Englishmen defend their king?
(a) Out of neither reason nor national pride.
(b) Out of reason, rather than national pride.
(c) Out of both reason and national pride.
(d) Out of national pride, rather than reason.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Paine states in The Crisis, what word should never replace the word "Christian"?
2. When does Paine believe every person should be issued property?
3. When did the English Revolution take place?
4. If the American Revolution had been fought only to separate America from England, how much attention does Paine think it would have received?
5. In the Introduction, what does Paine state about the thoughts of the book?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)