|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agragarian Justice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Paine compare kings?
2. According to Paine, which Greek mythological figure did the Virgin Mary replace in Christianity?
(b) Diana of Ephesus.
(d) Artemis of Ephesus.
3. From where does Paine think Christianity adapted a lot of its philosophies?
(b) Previous scriptures.
(d) Popular stories.
4. What did Gideon deny?
(a) The benefits of being a leader.
(b) The drawbacks of being a leader.
(c) The idea of being given the role of leader.
(d) The role of leader.
5. Why does the monarchy no longer work in Paine's opinion?
(a) Because the king is too far away from the people.
(b) Because the king is not far enough away from the people.
(c) Because the king has stopped talking to the people.
(d) Because the king has stopped listening to the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paine believe about revelation?
2. How many years does Paine think the aristocracy or monarchy will last after the writing of his pamphlet?
3. What part of the American Revolution received the most attention, according to Paine?
4. What happens if people refuse to obey a law they oppose?
5. What are the decrees outlining the foundation for a new French government called?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)