|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agragarian Justice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did people who lived in ancient times choose not to cultivate the land they occupied?
(a) To remain safe from the animals in the wilderness.
(b) To prevent disputes over land rights.
(c) To keep a constant supply of food and water.
(d) To prevent the theft of land.
2. How does Burke describe Louis XVI?
(a) A beaten monarch.
(b) A fearful monarch.
(c) A resourceful monarch.
(d) A mild monarch.
3. What does Paine believe is possible with some of the cultures that are considered uncivilized?
(a) They might still have a better way to live.
(b) They will never have a better way to live.
(c) There are not enough of them to discuss.
(d) There are too many of them for the world to reach its goals.
4. According to Paine, which Greek mythological figure did the Virgin Mary replace in Christianity?
(a) Artemis of Ephesus.
(c) Diana of Ephesus.
5. Who does a person that owns property owe ground rent to?
(a) Those who can afford to purchase the land for more than it is worth.
(b) The rest of society.
(c) Those who cannot afford land of their own.
(d) The government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the famous quote by Paine that starts the section, The Crisis?
2. According to British law, how long do the children of the king have the right to rule over every common person?
3. How does Paine describe Burke's analysis of France?
4. How long does Burke think English subjects should serve in the Parliament?
5. Which countries have left room in their Constitution for revision if necessary in the future?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)