|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agragarian Justice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine prove in order to dispel a myth about government?
(a) Society will not fail without government.
(b) Only certain societies need government.
(c) Most societies need government.
(d) Society will fail without government.
2. From where does Paine think Christianity adapted a lot of its philosophies?
(c) Popular stories.
(d) Previous scriptures.
3. What does Burke continue to perpetuate with his actions?
(a) England's decreased status in the world.
(b) A false sense of security for the nations.
(c) Animosity between the nations.
(d) France's decreased status in the world.
4. When does Paine wish the Revolution had begun?
(a) Eight days earlier.
(b) Eight months earlier.
(c) Eight months later.
(d) Eight days later.
5. What label does Paine give to revelations that have not been witnessed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does England constantly need a foe to battle?
2. Does Paine believe it is possible to evolve from a civilized state to a natural state?
3. What point does Paine use Joan of Arc as an example to support?
4. How many days before the taking of the Bastille did Marquis de La Fayette make a speech?
5. What will the first twenty years of American independence not predict, according to Paine?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)