|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agragarian Justice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine surmise Burke's view of government entails?
(a) Government should only control some people.
(b) Government should be controlled by the people.
(c) People should be controlled by government.
(d) People should only control some forms of government.
2. What does Paine attribute his literary career to?
(a) The revolution, his dedication to independence, and the will of the American people.
(b) Only his dedication to independence.
(c) The revolution and his dedication to independence.
(d) Only the revolution.
3. What does society promote?
4. According to Paine, what must civilized states be careful not to overlook?
(a) The evils of civilization.
(b) The preconceived notions in a civilization.
(c) The hypocrisy of civilization.
(d) The mistakes made in a civilization.
5. How old is the president of the United States required to be in order to presumably prevent inexperienced people from having the position?
(a) Thirty years of age.
(b) Twenty-five years of age.
(c) Forty years of age.
(d) Thirty-five years of age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Paine believe that America will succeed?
2. What should the main purpose of a Constitution be?
3. What does Paine think is odd about the conversation between Eve and Satan?
4. According to the second part of the Rights of Man, when was Combining Principals and Practice written?
5. What grows along with a society?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)