|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agragarian Justice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Paine, which governments must unite to lead by example in order to ensure liberty worldwide?
(a) Only America and France.
(b) Only England and France.
(c) Only America and England.
(d) America, England, and France.
2. What sacrifice was made in the formation of some churches, according to Paine?
3. How does Paine describe life in an uncivilized culture?
(a) As a continual vacation.
(b) As an extended vacation.
(c) As a continual holiday.
(d) As an extended holiday.
4. What area do Paine and the Marquis differ on?
(a) How political reform can occur.
(b) When political reform can occur.
(c) Why political reform should occur.
(d) Where political reform needs to occur.
5. Who does Paine think should be eligible to receive compensation for their disinheritance?
(a) Only land owners and those who plan to purchase land.
(b) Everyone, excluding land owners.
(c) Only land owners.
(d) Everyone, including land owners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tactic will the king use to gain favor in the long run if he cannot rule through force in the short run?
2. What replaced hopelessness during a long battle, as Paine recounts?
3. What prevents the British from effectively governing America?
4. What does Paine think civilized states need to develop remedies for?
5. How many rebuttals did Burke make to Paine's Rights of Man?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)