|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agragarian Justice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following does Paine list as an example of an uncivilized culture?
(a) The middle class in South America.
(b) The middle class in Europe.
(c) The poor in Europe.
(d) The poor in South America.
2. According to Paine, what must civilized states be careful not to overlook?
(a) The hypocrisy of civilization.
(b) The evils of civilization.
(c) The mistakes made in a civilization.
(d) The preconceived notions in a civilization.
3. Where is the church located to which Paine subscribes?
(a) He does not subscribe to a church.
(d) In his mind.
4. What happens if people refuse to obey a law they oppose?
(a) The intentions of the argument are misunderstood.
(b) The argument against the law is weakened.
(c) The intentions of the argument are proven false.
(d) The argument against the law is strengthened.
5. What point does Paine make about the rights of people to believe in events that took place?
(a) People do not have the right to doubt something they have not witnessed.
(b) People should believe in something they have not seen, only if it is reported by credible witnesses.
(c) People have the right not to believe something they have not witnessed.
(d) People should believe in something they have not seen, only if it is reported by witnesses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose sermon given to celebrate the anniversary of the English Revolution does Burke misrepresent?
2. How much was Washington compensated for his time as the first president?
3. Which party did Washington belong to when he became the first president of the United States?
4. In an ideal world, who would make decisions regarding regulations?
5. What is the English government's position on the French Revolution?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)