|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agragarian Justice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of using faith for political reasons?
(a) It undermines only the religion involved.
(b) It undermines the religions that are not involved.
(c) It undermines all religions.
(d) It undermines the right to practice religion freely.
2. How does Paine describe Burke's analysis of France?
(a) Darkness attempting to illuminate light.
(b) Darkness attempting to conceal light.
(c) Darkness attempting to destroy light.
(d) Darkness attempting to deny light.
3. What river are the American troops preparing to cross as Paine describes their trials and tribulations?
(a) The Mississippi.
(b) The Delaware.
(c) The Hudson.
(d) The Missouri.
4. Why did people who lived in ancient times choose not to cultivate the land they occupied?
(a) To remain safe from the animals in the wilderness.
(b) To prevent the theft of land.
(c) To keep a constant supply of food and water.
(d) To prevent disputes over land rights.
5. Whose sermon given to celebrate the anniversary of the English Revolution does Burke misrepresent?
(a) Joseph Priestley.
(b) Daniel Conway.
(c) James Mackintosh.
(d) Richard Price.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sacrifice was made in the formation of some churches, according to Paine?
2. For what does Paine compliment Washington?
3. Does Paine believe it is possible to evolve from a civilized state to a natural state?
4. Which country has England chosen as its new foe when Paine writes the Rights of Man?
5. What does the term canonization refer to?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)