|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agragarian Justice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine hope the English people will realize from Burke's pamphlet?
(a) How difficult the English laws are to change.
(b) How archaic the English laws are.
(c) How complicated the English laws are.
(d) How easy the English laws are to change.
2. What does Paine believe is possible with some of the cultures that are considered uncivilized?
(a) They will never have a better way to live.
(b) There are too many of them for the world to reach its goals.
(c) There are not enough of them to discuss.
(d) They might still have a better way to live.
3. Since all men are created equal, what does Paine consider aristocracy to be?
(a) A naive attempt.
(b) A hypocrisy.
(c) A fallacy.
(d) A deceptive practice.
4. Why does the monarchy no longer work in Paine's opinion?
(a) Because the king has stopped talking to the people.
(b) Because the king is too far away from the people.
(c) Because the king has stopped listening to the people.
(d) Because the king is not far enough away from the people.
5. What will happen to a person who denies another the right to practice a different religion?
(a) That person will never be able to criticize religion.
(b) That person will never be able to legitimately discuss religion.
(c) That person will never be able to change anyone else's mind.
(d) That person will never be able to change his or her own mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paine define a civilized society?
2. From where does Paine think Christianity adapted a lot of its philosophies?
3. Besides the length, what is the reason Paine wanted to separate the sections of the Rights of Man?
4. According to Paine, which Greek mythological figure did the Virgin Mary replace in Christianity?
5. Where is the church located to which Paine subscribes?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)