|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agragarian Justice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is hurt the most when a government tries to prohibit its people from reading a work the government disapproves of?
(a) The government.
(b) The author.
(c) The people.
(d) The publisher.
2. What does Paine prove in order to dispel a myth about government?
(a) Society will fail without government.
(b) Society will not fail without government.
(c) Only certain societies need government.
(d) Most societies need government.
3. How old is the president of the United States required to be in order to presumably prevent inexperienced people from having the position?
(a) Twenty-five years of age.
(b) Thirty years of age.
(c) Thirty-five years of age.
(d) Forty years of age.
4. What war does Paine believe might have been the inspiration for a Christian tale about the Almighty?
(a) The Giants against Neptune.
(b) The Giants against Saturn.
(c) The Giants against Mercury.
(d) The Giants against Jupiter.
5. How does Paine consider those who follow the Christian tales?
(a) He does have disdain for them.
(b) He admires them.
(c) He has pity for them.
(d) He does not have disdain for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paine define a civilized society?
2. How did the men in the American army fight Howe?
3. What does the term canonization refer to?
4. To what does Paine compare kings?
5. Which proverb does Paine refer to when commenting on the acts of Howe and Burgoyne?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)