|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agragarian Justice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine consider the government to be?
(a) A necessary problem.
(b) An unnecessary problem.
(c) A necessary evil.
(d) An unnecessary evil.
2. What does Paine surmise Burke's view of government entails?
(a) People should only control some forms of government.
(b) People should be controlled by government.
(c) Government should be controlled by the people.
(d) Government should only control some people.
3. What concerns Paine about how Burke's pamphlet is published?
(a) The colors used.
(b) The translation.
(c) The incorrect order of pages.
(d) The small print.
4. What does the term canonization refer to?
(a) The process in which a person becomes a saint.
(b) The process in which a person requests to become a saint.
(c) The ceremony performed before a person can request to become a saint.
(d) The ceremony performed after a person is declared a saint.
5. What are the decrees outlining the foundation for a new French government called?
(a) The December Decrees.
(b) The August Decrees.
(c) The September Decrees.
(d) The November Decrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of Burke's books contained several pages quoted from the Rights of Man?
2. In Paine's opinion, how is the admiration of a story determined?
3. What does Burke continue to perpetuate with his actions?
4. Which country has England chosen as its new foe when Paine writes the Rights of Man?
5. From where does Paine think Christianity adapted a lot of its philosophies?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)