|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agragarian Justice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rebuttals did Burke make to Paine's Rights of Man?
2. Why does Paine think the British are incapable of ruling America justly?
(a) They are too weak.
(b) They are not economically sound.
(c) They are too powerful.
(d) They are too jealous.
3. Without a guarantee of a better life, how does Paine compare the lives of people in a civilized society with life in the wilderness?
(a) They would not be better off living in the wilderness.
(b) They would be slightly better off living in the wilderness.
(c) They would almost be better off living in the wilderness.
(d) They would be much better off living in the wilderness.
4. What does the term canonization refer to?
(a) The process in which a person requests to become a saint.
(b) The ceremony performed after a person is declared a saint.
(c) The process in which a person becomes a saint.
(d) The ceremony performed before a person can request to become a saint.
5. What does Paine believe will happen with time?
(a) His views will become accepted and possibly favored.
(b) His views will become accepted, but not favored.
(c) His views will never become accepted or favored.
(d) His views will become favored, but not accepted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What concerns Paine about how Burke's pamphlet is published?
2. What happens if people refuse to obey a law they oppose?
3. What point does Paine make about the rights of people to believe in events that took place?
4. Besides the length, what is the reason Paine wanted to separate the sections of the Rights of Man?
5. According to Paine, what is Burke incapable of understanding about the way government works?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)