|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agragarian Justice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which proverb does Paine refer to when commenting on the acts of Howe and Burgoyne?
(a) A penny wise and a pound foolish.
(b) The best defense is a good offense.
(c) In for a penny, in for a pound.
(d) A problem shared is a problem halved.
2. When was the law invented that took the freedom away from the English subjects?
(a) The fifteenth century.
(b) The fourteenth century.
(c) The sixteenth century.
(d) The seventeenth century.
3. What season does Paine use in the metaphor that ends the second part of the Rights of Man?
4. In an ideal world, who would make decisions regarding regulations?
(a) A select few members of government.
(b) A select few members of society.
(c) All members of society.
(d) All members of government.
5. According to Paine, what does Burke lack?
(a) An understanding of history.
(b) An understanding of government.
(c) An understanding of economics.
(d) An understanding of liberty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paine consider the government to be?
2. How many days before the taking of the Bastille did Marquis de La Fayette make a speech?
3. Through his belief in God, what does Paine hope for?
4. What is the English government's position on the French Revolution?
5. Why does England constantly need a foe to battle?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)