|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agragarian Justice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do civilized states have that natural states do not?
(b) The absence of laws.
(c) The enforcement of laws.
2. What type of payment does Paine think should be paid to those who have been cheated of their inheritance?
(a) A quarterly payment.
(b) A monthly payment.
(c) An annual payment.
(d) A one-time payment.
3. How does Paine respond to the people who cannot follow his logic?
(a) He is angered.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is ambivalent.
(d) He is shocked.
4. Which one of the following is not included in the natural rights Paine believes should be retained by people after they are born?
(a) The right to procure happiness.
(b) The right to practice religion.
(c) The right to be provided for.
(d) The right to stand up for a cause.
5. What does Paine find interesting about the Immaculate Conception?
(a) Its meaning has not changed with time.
(b) It can be disproven.
(c) It cannot be disproven.
(d) Its meaning has changed with time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Paine think the British are incapable of ruling America justly?
2. What does Paine surmise Burke's view of government entails?
3. What does government promote?
4. According to the second part of the Rights of Man, when was Combining Principals and Practice written?
5. What does Burke continue to perpetuate with his actions?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)