|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agragarian Justice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grows along with a society?
(a) A need for less taxation.
(b) A need for fewer regulations.
(c) A need for more taxation.
(d) A need for more regulations.
2. What sacrifice was made in the formation of some churches, according to Paine?
3. What city did the British incorrectly assume was the center of America when they attacked it?
(b) New York.
4. How many people are born equal in a natural state?
(a) All of them.
(b) Most of them.
(c) Some of them.
(d) None of them.
5. Why does Paine state that America took up arms against England?
(a) Other countries forced the hand of America.
(b) America had become more prosperous than England.
(c) England forced the hand of America.
(d) America had become more prosperous than almost all other countries.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Introduction, what does Paine state about the thoughts of the book?
2. What does Paine profess about himself in The Crisis?
3. What does Paine think about the idea of being a king through heredity?
4. How does Paine describe the Quakers?
5. How well were Paine's views on religion known when Age of Reason was written?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)