|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agragarian Justice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the term canonization refer to?
(a) The process in which a person requests to become a saint.
(b) The process in which a person becomes a saint.
(c) The ceremony performed after a person is declared a saint.
(d) The ceremony performed before a person can request to become a saint.
2. How did Paine originally view Burke, before he denounced the French Revolution?
(a) As an enemy.
(b) As a possible threat.
(c) As an ally.
(d) As a possible ally.
3. How many years of the Revolution does Paine discuss in a letter to the Inhabitants of America?
(a) The first four.
(b) The last three.
(c) The last four.
(d) The first three.
4. How does Paine consider those who follow the Christian tales?
(a) He does not have disdain for them.
(b) He has pity for them.
(c) He does have disdain for them.
(d) He admires them.
5. What does Paine surmise Burke's view of government entails?
(a) People should only control some forms of government.
(b) People should be controlled by government.
(c) Government should only control some people.
(d) Government should be controlled by the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What form does Satan take on in reappearing?
2. What does Paine hope the English people will realize from Burke's pamphlet?
3. On which concept is the new Whig party based?
4. What did the lack of monarchy result in for Britain before the kings?
5. How does Paine describe the Resurrection?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)