|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agragarian Justice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What label does Paine give to revelations that have not been witnessed?
2. How much of the New Testament did Jesus write?
(a) Only the second half.
(b) Very little.
(c) Only the first half.
3. According to Paine, what is the difference between society and government?
(a) Positivism versus negativism.
(b) East versus West.
(c) Right versus wrong.
(d) North versus South.
4. According to Paine, what is Burke incapable of understanding about the way government works?
(a) The difference between democracy and a monarchy.
(b) The difference between democracy, representation, and a monarchy.
(c) The difference between representation and a monarchy.
(d) The difference between democracy and representation.
5. From where does Paine think Christianity adapted a lot of its philosophies?
(a) Previous scriptures.
(c) Popular stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Paine think the British are incapable of ruling America justly?
2. Why does Paine believe that America will succeed?
3. What will the first twenty years of American independence not predict, according to Paine?
4. What does Paine use examples from scripture to explain?
5. What types of goals should the members of the elected have?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)