|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agragarian Justice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine believe each generation should have?
(a) Its own values, but the ideals of the preceding government.
(b) The ideals and values of the preceding government.
(c) Its own ideals, values, and choices in government.
(d) Its own ideals, but the values of the preceding government.
2. Why does Paine admire the Marquis?
(a) For his work with trade agreements between America and other countries.
(b) For his economic support of the American Revolution.
(c) For his cooperation and wisdom during the American Revolution.
(d) For his writings against the English.
3. How does Paine describe tyranny?
(a) An opponent that is not easily defeated now, but will be in the future.
(b) An opponent that is not easily defeated.
(c) An opponent that is easily defeated.
(d) An opponent that once could have been easily defeated, but no longer.
4. What are the questions about in Paine's last letter to the people of England?
(a) Power, honor, and authority.
(b) Only honor.
(c) Only power.
(d) Power and honor.
5. How does Paine describe the Quakers?
(a) Offensive and loud.
(b) Quiet and inoffensive.
(c) Inoffensive but loud.
(d) Quiet but offensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Paine believe it is possible to evolve from a natural state to a civilized state?
2. According to Paine, what should each man strive for?
3. How long does Burke think English subjects should serve in the Parliament?
4. How many questions does Paine address in his final letter to the people of England?
5. How many years does Paine think the aristocracy or monarchy will last after the writing of his pamphlet?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)