|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agragarian Justice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paine describe society?
(a) As a blessing.
(b) As a gift.
(c) As a good example.
(d) As a perfect model.
2. What claim does Paine make about cultivation?
(a) It is a necessary thing.
(b) It is one of the best things to ever be invented.
(c) It is one of the worst things to ever be invented.
(d) It is an unnecessary thing.
3. According to Paine, what age should a person be to receive compensation for an disinheritance?
(a) Twenty-one years of age.
(b) Twenty-five years of age.
(c) Eighteen years of age.
(d) Thirty years of age.
4. Without a guarantee of a better life, how does Paine compare the lives of people in a civilized society with life in the wilderness?
(a) They would be much better off living in the wilderness.
(b) They would be slightly better off living in the wilderness.
(c) They would almost be better off living in the wilderness.
(d) They would not be better off living in the wilderness.
5. What does Paine profess about himself in The Crisis?
(a) He does not believe in miracles.
(b) He is superstitious.
(c) He is not superstitious.
(d) He does believe in miracles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What point does Paine use Joan of Arc as an example to support?
2. What river are the American troops preparing to cross as Paine describes their trials and tribulations?
3. How does Paine describe tyranny?
4. What does government promote?
5. What are the main components of a civilized society?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)