|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Paine states in The Crisis, what word should never replace the word "Christian"?
2. What does Paine wish America could have used against the British?
(a) The heat of summer.
(b) The use of inside information.
(c) The harshness of winter.
(d) The element of surprise.
3. According to Paine, what is Burke incapable of understanding about the way government works?
(a) The difference between democracy and representation.
(b) The difference between representation and a monarchy.
(c) The difference between democracy and a monarchy.
(d) The difference between democracy, representation, and a monarchy.
4. How does Paine describe the Resurrection?
(a) It was a timeless event.
(b) It was a public event.
(c) It was a private event.
(d) It was an incomparable event.
5. At what age can a monarch be appointed in Britain?
(a) At any age.
(b) At age twenty.
(c) At age fifteen.
(d) At age ten.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paine describe society?
2. What river are the American troops preparing to cross as Paine describes their trials and tribulations?
3. How should people self-impose laws in order to exist harmoniously in the absence of government?
4. How does Paine categorize Howe's victories?
5. When did Edmund Burke attack the French Revolution in a book?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)