|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the monarchy no longer work in Paine's opinion?
(a) Because the king has stopped talking to the people.
(b) Because the king is not far enough away from the people.
(c) Because the king has stopped listening to the people.
(d) Because the king is too far away from the people.
2. How many rebuttals did Burke make to Paine's Rights of Man?
3. Where is Paine living when Burke's pamphlet is being published?
4. According to Paine, what is the difference between society and government?
(a) Positivism versus negativism.
(b) Right versus wrong.
(c) East versus West.
(d) North versus South.
5. How much of the New Testament did Jesus write?
(a) Only the first half.
(b) Very little.
(c) Only the second half.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Christian tale, where is Satan banished to by the Almighty?
2. How many days before the taking of the Bastille did Marquis de La Fayette make a speech?
3. How many total pages is Burke's denouncement of the French Revolution?
4. How many of the pamphlets printed in response to the Rights of Man does Paine consider worth remembering?
5. How did the men in the American army fight Howe?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)