|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does society promote?
2. According to Paine, what should not be confused with religion?
(a) A full soul.
(b) A warm soul.
(c) An empty soul.
(d) A cold soul.
3. How did Paine originally view Burke, before he denounced the French Revolution?
(a) As an ally.
(b) As a possible threat.
(c) As an enemy.
(d) As a possible ally.
4. What are the decrees outlining the foundation for a new French government called?
(a) The August Decrees.
(b) The December Decrees.
(c) The November Decrees.
(d) The September Decrees.
5. According to Paine, what goes against human nature?
(a) Partial governments.
(b) An absence of government.
(c) Absolute governments.
(d) A self-sufficient government.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paine describe society?
2. How does Paine respond to the people who cannot follow his logic?
3. To what does Paine compare kings?
4. At what age can a monarch be appointed in Britain?
5. After being banished by the Almighty, where did Satan later reappear?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)