|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paine view the story of Eve and the apple?
(a) He thinks it is derogatory towards Eve.
(b) He thinks it is derogatory towards the Almighty.
(c) He thinks it is a testament to the intelligence of Eve.
(d) He thinks it is a testament to the powers of the Almighty.
2. Where is the church located to which Paine subscribes?
(b) He does not subscribe to a church.
(c) In his mind.
3. How does Paine describe the Resurrection?
(a) It was a public event.
(b) It was a private event.
(c) It was an incomparable event.
(d) It was a timeless event.
4. Who is hurt the most when a government tries to prohibit its people from reading a work the government disapproves of?
(a) The people.
(b) The author.
(c) The government.
(d) The publisher.
5. What does Paine surmise Burke's view of government entails?
(a) People should be controlled by government.
(b) Government should only control some people.
(c) Government should be controlled by the people.
(d) People should only control some forms of government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which years of the American Revolution did America have no government?
2. What point does Paine make about the rights of people to believe in events that took place?
3. What is the Rights of Man considered?
4. What sacrifice was made in the formation of some churches, according to Paine?
5. What saddens Paine about the analogies made to good and solid government?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)