|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paine categorize Howe's victories?
2. What label does Paine give to revelations that have not been witnessed?
3. How does Paine describe the Resurrection?
(a) It was a public event.
(b) It was a timeless event.
(c) It was a private event.
(d) It was an incomparable event.
4. According to Paine, what happened as a result of the Christian tales?
(a) Many great lives were lived.
(b) Many moral standards improved.
(c) A few moral standards improved.
(d) A few great lives were lived.
5. If the American Revolution had been fought only to separate America from England, how much attention does Paine think it would have received?
(a) The attention of the world.
(b) A considerable amount of attention.
(c) No attention.
(d) Very little attention.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Paine state that America took up arms against England?
2. What season does Paine use in the metaphor that ends the second part of the Rights of Man?
3. What does Paine wish America could have used against the British?
4. What does Paine consider the government to be?
5. How much of the New Testament did Jesus write?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)