|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of the New Testament did Jesus write?
(a) Only the first half.
(b) Very little.
(d) Only the second half.
2. How long does Burke think English subjects should serve in the Parliament?
(a) Only the first half of their lives.
(b) Only the first three quarters of their lives.
3. As mentioned by Paine in Age of Reason, what did Jesus preach?
(a) Paine is unaware of the teachings of Jesus.
(b) Benevolence and morality.
(c) Only morality.
(d) Only benevolence.
4. What point does Paine use Joan of Arc as an example to support?
(a) America's political views.
(b) America's sacrifice for independence.
(c) The strength of the American soldiers.
(d) The weakness of the British rule.
5. According to Paine, what is Burke incapable of understanding about the way government works?
(a) The difference between democracy and a monarchy.
(b) The difference between representation and a monarchy.
(c) The difference between democracy, representation, and a monarchy.
(d) The difference between democracy and representation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paine consider those who follow the Christian tales?
2. When does Paine wish the Revolution had begun?
3. How long would news take to travel from England to America if the two countries were to reconcile at this point?
4. What concerns Paine about how Burke's pamphlet is published?
5. How many questions does Paine address in his final letter to the people of England?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)