|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many questions does Paine address in his final letter to the people of England?
2. At what age can a monarch be appointed in Britain?
(a) At age twenty.
(b) At age fifteen.
(c) At age ten.
(d) At any age.
3. As Paine states in The Crisis, what word should never replace the word "Christian"?
4. Which country has England chosen as its new foe when Paine writes the Rights of Man?
5. In Paine's opinion, how is the admiration of a story determined?
(a) The more fantastic a story is, the more it will be admired.
(b) The more admired a story is, the less it will be doubted.
(c) The more fantastic a story is, the less it will be admired.
(d) The more admired a story is, the more it will be doubted.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people witnessed and documented the Resurrection?
2. What form does Satan take on in reappearing?
3. What is the result of using faith for political reasons?
4. According to Paine, what is Burke incapable of understanding about the way government works?
5. What does Paine believe will happen with time?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)