|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the English people indicate with their silence?
(a) Their acceptance of the laws.
(b) Their inability to change the laws.
(c) Their inability to understand the laws.
(d) Their objection to the laws.
2. When does Paine wish the Revolution had begun?
(a) Eight months earlier.
(b) Eight days earlier.
(c) Eight days later.
(d) Eight months later.
3. How old is the president of the United States required to be in order to presumably prevent inexperienced people from having the position?
(a) Twenty-five years of age.
(b) Forty years of age.
(c) Thirty years of age.
(d) Thirty-five years of age.
4. How does Burke describe Louis XVI?
(a) A beaten monarch.
(b) A fearful monarch.
(c) A mild monarch.
(d) A resourceful monarch.
5. According to Paine, what should each man strive for?
(a) To make the world a noteworthy place.
(b) To make the world a happy place.
(c) To make the world a powerful place.
(d) To make the world a decent place.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which party did Washington belong to when he became the first president of the United States?
2. How many ancient tyrannies does Paine think comprise the English Constitution?
3. How does Paine view the story of Eve and the apple?
4. What saddens Paine about the analogies made to good and solid government?
5. In Paine's opinion, how is the admiration of a story determined?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)