|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine surmise Burke's view of government entails?
(a) People should be controlled by government.
(b) People should only control some forms of government.
(c) Government should be controlled by the people.
(d) Government should only control some people.
2. Why does Paine admire the Marquis?
(a) For his work with trade agreements between America and other countries.
(b) For his cooperation and wisdom during the American Revolution.
(c) For his writings against the English.
(d) For his economic support of the American Revolution.
3. What does Paine compare to the limited freedom of people by the government?
4. What does Paine attribute his literary career to?
(a) The revolution, his dedication to independence, and the will of the American people.
(b) The revolution and his dedication to independence.
(c) Only the revolution.
(d) Only his dedication to independence.
5. How long does Burke think English subjects should serve in the Parliament?
(a) Only the first three quarters of their lives.
(c) Only the first half of their lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paine believe about revelation?
2. What does Paine find interesting about the Immaculate Conception?
3. When did Edmund Burke attack the French Revolution in a book?
4. What does Howe support that draws Paine's criticism?
5. How many of the pamphlets printed in response to the Rights of Man does Paine consider worth remembering?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)