|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the decrees outlining the foundation for a new French government called?
(a) The November Decrees.
(b) The December Decrees.
(c) The September Decrees.
(d) The August Decrees.
2. What does a strong government assure against?
(a) Civil war, but not poverty.
(b) Civil war, poverty, and treason.
(c) Civil war and poverty.
(d) Poverty, but not civil war or treason.
3. According to Paine, what goes against human nature?
(a) Partial governments.
(b) A self-sufficient government.
(c) An absence of government.
(d) Absolute governments.
4. What does Paine believe will happen with time?
(a) His views will become favored, but not accepted.
(b) His views will become accepted and possibly favored.
(c) His views will never become accepted or favored.
(d) His views will become accepted, but not favored.
5. On which concept was the old Whig party based?
(a) A three-party system.
(b) A two-party system.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does society promote?
2. In the Introduction, what does Paine state about the thoughts of the book?
3. What form does Satan take on in reappearing?
4. What does Paine find interesting about the Immaculate Conception?
5. What does Paine prove in order to dispel a myth about government?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)