|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Paine, what happened as a result of the Christian tales?
(a) A few moral standards improved.
(b) Many great lives were lived.
(c) A few great lives were lived.
(d) Many moral standards improved.
2. What does Paine believe will happen with time?
(a) His views will become favored, but not accepted.
(b) His views will become accepted, but not favored.
(c) His views will never become accepted or favored.
(d) His views will become accepted and possibly favored.
3. What label does Paine give to revelations that have not been witnessed?
4. What does Paine believe about revelation?
(a) It cannot be achieved in church.
(b) It can only be achieved secondhand.
(c) It cannot be achieved secondhand.
(d) It can only be achieved in church.
5. Why does Paine state that America took up arms against England?
(a) Other countries forced the hand of America.
(b) America had become more prosperous than almost all other countries.
(c) England forced the hand of America.
(d) America had become more prosperous than England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Rights of Man considered?
2. What does Paine use as a miserable example of the Constitution that America is trying to adopt?
3. Which years of the American Revolution did America have no government?
4. What part of the American Revolution received the most attention, according to Paine?
5. For what does Paine compliment Washington?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)