|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following is not included in the natural rights Paine believes should be retained by people after they are born?
(a) The right to practice religion.
(b) The right to procure happiness.
(c) The right to stand up for a cause.
(d) The right to be provided for.
2. What does Paine explain about the Almighty's response after Eve bites the apple?
(a) The Almighty banishes Satan to a mountain.
(b) The Almighty banishes Satan to a pit.
(c) The Almighty allows Satan to remain on earth.
(d) The Almighty banishes Satan to a cave.
3. Where is Paine living when Burke's pamphlet is being published?
4. What sacrifice was made in the formation of some churches, according to Paine?
5. When did Edmund Burke attack the French Revolution in a book?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age can a monarch be appointed in Britain?
2. Why does Paine admire the Marquis?
3. Whose sermon given to celebrate the anniversary of the English Revolution does Burke misrepresent?
4. What does Paine believe would end government through hereditary?
5. For what does Paine compliment Washington?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)