|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the questions about in Paine's last letter to the people of England?
(a) Only power.
(b) Power and honor.
(c) Power, honor, and authority.
(d) Only honor.
2. As mentioned by Paine in Age of Reason, what did Jesus preach?
(a) Paine is unaware of the teachings of Jesus.
(b) Benevolence and morality.
(c) Only morality.
(d) Only benevolence.
3. What did the lack of monarchy result in for Britain before the kings?
(a) A need for war.
(b) A need for commerce.
(c) A lack of war.
(d) A lack of commerce.
4. In his letter to Howe, what comparison does Paine make about arguing with a man who has no use for authority?
(a) Talking to a wall.
(b) Giving medicine to the dead.
(c) Reasoning with a wall.
(d) Talking to the dead.
5. Why does Paine believe that America will succeed?
(a) Because of its economic status.
(b) Because of its political status.
(c) Because of great numbers.
(d) Because of unity.
Short Answer Questions
1. In an ideal world, who would make decisions regarding regulations?
2. What does the term canonization refer to?
3. How does Thomas Paine write the book Common Sense?
4. How does Paine describe society?
5. Why didn't Paine reply to any of the responses to the Rights of Man?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)