|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What replaced hopelessness during a long battle, as Paine recounts?
2. How many ancient tyrannies does Paine think comprise the English Constitution?
3. To what does Paine compare kings?
4. According to Paine, what does Burke lack?
(a) An understanding of history.
(b) An understanding of liberty.
(c) An understanding of economics.
(d) An understanding of government.
5. When does Paine wish the Revolution had begun?
(a) Eight days later.
(b) Eight months later.
(c) Eight days earlier.
(d) Eight months earlier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paine believe should never separate the elected from the electors?
2. Besides the length, what is the reason Paine wanted to separate the sections of the Rights of Man?
3. What does Paine think about the idea of being a king through heredity?
4. How does Paine consider those who follow the Christian tales?
5. How many questions does Paine address in his final letter to the people of England?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)