|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concerns Paine about how Burke's pamphlet is published?
(a) The colors used.
(b) The small print.
(c) The incorrect order of pages.
(d) The translation.
2. How does Paine think that Christians are taught about the tales they learn?
(a) As history.
(b) As events open to many interpretations.
(c) As lessons.
(d) As questionable events.
3. In the Christian tale, where is Satan banished to by the Almighty?
(a) A pit.
(b) A cave.
(c) A mountain.
(d) A desert.
4. Which party did Washington belong to when he became the first president of the United States?
(a) The Whig Party.
(b) The Democratic Party.
(c) The Republican Party.
5. What is the result of using faith for political reasons?
(a) It undermines only the religion involved.
(b) It undermines the right to practice religion freely.
(c) It undermines the religions that are not involved.
(d) It undermines all religions.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Paine, what is Burke incapable of understanding about the way government works?
2. What grows along with a society?
3. How does Paine respond to the people who cannot follow his logic?
4. What does Paine prove in order to dispel a myth about government?
5. What form does Satan take on in reappearing?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)