|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Paine states in The Crisis, what word should never replace the word "Christian"?
2. According to Paine, what happened as a result of the Christian tales?
(a) A few great lives were lived.
(b) A few moral standards improved.
(c) Many great lives were lived.
(d) Many moral standards improved.
3. How many rebuttals did Burke make to Paine's Rights of Man?
4. What did the lack of monarchy result in for Britain before the kings?
(a) A need for war.
(b) A lack of war.
(c) A lack of commerce.
(d) A need for commerce.
5. What does Paine consider the government to be?
(a) An unnecessary evil.
(b) A necessary problem.
(c) A necessary evil.
(d) An unnecessary problem.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paine describe tyranny?
2. How does Paine describe the Resurrection?
3. To what does Paine compare kings?
4. How well were Paine's views on religion known when Age of Reason was written?
5. What does Paine believe will happen with time?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)