|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a strong government assure against?
(a) Civil war and poverty.
(b) Poverty, but not civil war or treason.
(c) Civil war, poverty, and treason.
(d) Civil war, but not poverty.
2. As mentioned by Paine in Age of Reason, what did Jesus preach?
(a) Paine is unaware of the teachings of Jesus.
(b) Only morality.
(c) Benevolence and morality.
(d) Only benevolence.
3. How long does Burke think English subjects should serve in the Parliament?
(a) Only the first half of their lives.
(c) Only the first three quarters of their lives.
4. How did the men in the American army fight Howe?
(a) They fought for an ideal and property.
(b) They fought for an ideal, not property.
(c) They fought neither for an ideal nor property.
(d) They fought for property, not an ideal.
5. What does Paine use as a miserable example of the Constitution that America is trying to adopt?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Paine, whose role in the French Revolution should not be diminished?
2. How many rebuttals did Burke make to Paine's Rights of Man?
3. Which proverb does Paine refer to when commenting on the acts of Howe and Burgoyne?
4. In an ideal world, who would make decisions regarding regulations?
5. What does Paine use examples from scripture to explain?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)