|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many ancient tyrannies does Paine think comprise the English Constitution?
2. What will the first twenty years of American independence not predict, according to Paine?
(a) The next ten years.
(b) The next fifteen years.
(c) The next twenty years.
(d) The next five years.
3. According to Paine, which governments must unite to lead by example in order to ensure liberty worldwide?
(a) Only America and France.
(b) Only England and France.
(c) Only America and England.
(d) America, England, and France.
4. What does Burke continue to perpetuate with his actions?
(a) Animosity between the nations.
(b) England's decreased status in the world.
(c) France's decreased status in the world.
(d) A false sense of security for the nations.
5. Since all men are created equal, what does Paine consider aristocracy to be?
(a) A deceptive practice.
(b) A fallacy.
(c) A hypocrisy.
(d) A naive attempt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sacrifice was made in the formation of some churches, according to Paine?
2. In the Introduction, what does Paine state about the thoughts of the book?
3. How does Paine view the story of Eve and the apple?
4. What will happen to a person who denies another the right to practice a different religion?
5. In Paine's opinion, how is the admiration of a story determined?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)