|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paine state that America took up arms against England?
(a) England forced the hand of America.
(b) America had become more prosperous than England.
(c) America had become more prosperous than almost all other countries.
(d) Other countries forced the hand of America.
2. What sacrifice was made in the formation of some churches, according to Paine?
3. What does Paine believe will happen with time?
(a) His views will never become accepted or favored.
(b) His views will become favored, but not accepted.
(c) His views will become accepted and possibly favored.
(d) His views will become accepted, but not favored.
4. What concerns Paine about how Burke's pamphlet is published?
(a) The small print.
(b) The colors used.
(c) The translation.
(d) The incorrect order of pages.
5. How many people witnessed and documented the Resurrection?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paine refer to himself, with regards to Howe?
2. What does Burke continue to perpetuate with his actions?
3. What does Paine think is odd about the conversation between Eve and Satan?
4. In his letter to Howe, what comparison does Paine make about arguing with a man who has no use for authority?
5. How many questions does Paine address in his final letter to the people of England?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)