|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was Washington compensated for his time as the first president?
(a) He received a large financial reward.
(b) He received a small financial reward.
(c) He received no financial reward.
(d) It is unknown how he was financially rewarded.
2. How did the men in the American army fight Howe?
(a) They fought for an ideal, not property.
(b) They fought neither for an ideal nor property.
(c) They fought for an ideal and property.
(d) They fought for property, not an ideal.
3. What does Paine surmise Burke's view of government entails?
(a) Government should be controlled by the people.
(b) Government should only control some people.
(c) People should only control some forms of government.
(d) People should be controlled by government.
4. What does government promote?
5. What did Gideon deny?
(a) The benefits of being a leader.
(b) The drawbacks of being a leader.
(c) The role of leader.
(d) The idea of being given the role of leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What war does Paine believe might have been the inspiration for a Christian tale about the Almighty?
2. How does Paine describe Burke's analysis of France?
3. What concerns Paine about how Burke's pamphlet is published?
4. Why do Englishmen defend their king?
5. What does Paine believe will happen with time?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)