|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What war does Paine believe might have been the inspiration for a Christian tale about the Almighty?
(a) The Giants against Jupiter.
(b) The Giants against Neptune.
(c) The Giants against Saturn.
(d) The Giants against Mercury.
2. How does Paine describe society?
(a) As a gift.
(b) As a perfect model.
(c) As a blessing.
(d) As a good example.
3. What are the questions about in Paine's last letter to the people of England?
(a) Power, honor, and authority.
(b) Power and honor.
(c) Only power.
(d) Only honor.
4. What are the rumors about the reason behind Burke's pamphlet?
(a) He did it out of loyalty for his country.
(b) He did it for financial reasons.
(c) He did it to receive notoriety.
(d) He did it out of hatred for other countries.
5. What ancient philosopher does Paine mention in Age of Reason?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Paine admire the Marquis?
2. As Paine states in The Crisis, what word should never replace the word "Christian"?
3. What does Paine use as a miserable example of the Constitution that America is trying to adopt?
4. What tactic will the king use to gain favor in the long run if he cannot rule through force in the short run?
5. When did Edmund Burke attack the French Revolution in a book?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)