|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine believe about revelation?
(a) It can only be achieved secondhand.
(b) It cannot be achieved secondhand.
(c) It can only be achieved in church.
(d) It cannot be achieved in church.
2. What will happen to a person who denies another the right to practice a different religion?
(a) That person will never be able to change his or her own mind.
(b) That person will never be able to legitimately discuss religion.
(c) That person will never be able to change anyone else's mind.
(d) That person will never be able to criticize religion.
3. According to Paine, what goes against human nature?
(a) Absolute governments.
(b) A self-sufficient government.
(c) An absence of government.
(d) Partial governments.
4. Through his belief in God, what does Paine hope for?
(a) A joyful end of life.
(b) To convince others to believe in God.
(c) To make a difference in his lifetime.
(d) A joyful afterlife.
5. Whom was the Rights of Man presented to?
(a) John Adams.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Benjamin Franklin.
(d) George Washington.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paine consider those who follow the Christian tales?
2. According to Paine, what should not be confused with religion?
3. In his letter to Howe, what comparison does Paine make about arguing with a man who has no use for authority?
4. What does Paine think is odd about the conversation between Eve and Satan?
5. What does Paine compare to the limited freedom of people by the government?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)