|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through his belief in God, what does Paine hope for?
(a) To convince others to believe in God.
(b) To make a difference in his lifetime.
(c) A joyful afterlife.
(d) A joyful end of life.
2. According to Paine, what should each man strive for?
(a) To make the world a decent place.
(b) To make the world a powerful place.
(c) To make the world a happy place.
(d) To make the world a noteworthy place.
3. Whom was the Rights of Man presented to?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) John Adams.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Benjamin Franklin.
4. What does the term canonization refer to?
(a) The process in which a person requests to become a saint.
(b) The process in which a person becomes a saint.
(c) The ceremony performed after a person is declared a saint.
(d) The ceremony performed before a person can request to become a saint.
5. What will happen to a person who denies another the right to practice a different religion?
(a) That person will never be able to legitimately discuss religion.
(b) That person will never be able to change anyone else's mind.
(c) That person will never be able to criticize religion.
(d) That person will never be able to change his or her own mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides the length, what is the reason Paine wanted to separate the sections of the Rights of Man?
2. How does Burke describe Louis XVI?
3. What does Paine believe should never separate the elected from the electors?
4. According to Paine, whose role in the French Revolution should not be diminished?
5. Where is the church located to which Paine subscribes?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)