|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which years of the American Revolution did America have no government?
(a) The first two.
(b) The first three.
(c) The last three.
(d) The last two.
2. How does Paine view the story of Eve and the apple?
(a) He thinks it is a testament to the powers of the Almighty.
(b) He thinks it is a testament to the intelligence of Eve.
(c) He thinks it is derogatory towards the Almighty.
(d) He thinks it is derogatory towards Eve.
3. Whom was the Rights of Man presented to?
(a) John Adams.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) George Washington.
4. What should the main purpose of a Constitution be?
(a) To provide for people who are unwilling or unable to provide for themselves.
(b) To create and maintain the happiness of its government.
(c) To provide for other countries who are unwilling or unable to provide for themselves.
(d) To create and maintain the happiness of its citizens.
5. At what age can a monarch be appointed in Britain?
(a) At age twenty.
(b) At age ten.
(c) At age fifteen.
(d) At any age.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Thomas Paine write the book Common Sense?
2. What are the decrees outlining the foundation for a new French government called?
3. What does Paine compare to the limited freedom of people by the government?
4. In an ideal world, who would make decisions regarding regulations?
5. Why didn't Paine reply to any of the responses to the Rights of Man?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)