|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the English people indicate with their silence?
(a) Their acceptance of the laws.
(b) Their inability to understand the laws.
(c) Their inability to change the laws.
(d) Their objection to the laws.
2. Through his belief in God, what does Paine hope for?
(a) A joyful afterlife.
(b) To make a difference in his lifetime.
(c) To convince others to believe in God.
(d) A joyful end of life.
3. How does Paine think that Christians are taught about the tales they learn?
(a) As history.
(b) As events open to many interpretations.
(c) As lessons.
(d) As questionable events.
4. Why does the monarchy no longer work in Paine's opinion?
(a) Because the king has stopped listening to the people.
(b) Because the king is not far enough away from the people.
(c) Because the king is too far away from the people.
(d) Because the king has stopped talking to the people.
5. What does the term canonization refer to?
(a) The process in which a person requests to become a saint.
(b) The ceremony performed before a person can request to become a saint.
(c) The process in which a person becomes a saint.
(d) The ceremony performed after a person is declared a saint.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of Burke's books contained several pages quoted from the Rights of Man?
2. After being banished by the Almighty, where did Satan later reappear?
3. According to Paine, what happened as a result of the Christian tales?
4. When did the English Revolution take place?
5. What part of the American Revolution received the most attention, according to Paine?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)