|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paine categorize Howe's victories?
2. What point does Paine make about the rights of people to believe in events that took place?
(a) People should believe in something they have not seen, only if it is reported by credible witnesses.
(b) People should believe in something they have not seen, only if it is reported by witnesses.
(c) People do not have the right to doubt something they have not witnessed.
(d) People have the right not to believe something they have not witnessed.
3. How does Paine describe Burke's descriptions of the French during the Revolution?
(a) Vulgar and predictable.
(b) Disturbing, vulgar, and predictable.
(c) Disturbing and vulgar.
(d) Disturbing and predictable.
4. What happens if people refuse to obey a law they oppose?
(a) The intentions of the argument are misunderstood.
(b) The argument against the law is strengthened.
(c) The intentions of the argument are proven false.
(d) The argument against the law is weakened.
5. How many years of the Revolution does Paine discuss in a letter to the Inhabitants of America?
(a) The last three.
(b) The last four.
(c) The first four.
(d) The first three.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Englishmen defend their king?
2. What does Paine believe would end government through hereditary?
3. What ancient philosopher does Paine mention in Age of Reason?
4. If the American Revolution had been fought only to separate America from England, how much attention does Paine think it would have received?
5. How many people witnessed and documented the Resurrection?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)