|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine believe each generation should have?
(a) Its own ideals, values, and choices in government.
(b) Its own values, but the ideals of the preceding government.
(c) The ideals and values of the preceding government.
(d) Its own ideals, but the values of the preceding government.
2. Which one of the following is not included in the natural rights Paine believes should be retained by people after they are born?
(a) The right to be provided for.
(b) The right to practice religion.
(c) The right to procure happiness.
(d) The right to stand up for a cause.
3. Which religious group of people does Paine think are persecuted?
(a) Those who pretend to be Christians.
(b) Those who pretend to be Quakers.
4. What will happen to a person who denies another the right to practice a different religion?
(a) That person will never be able to legitimately discuss religion.
(b) That person will never be able to criticize religion.
(c) That person will never be able to change his or her own mind.
(d) That person will never be able to change anyone else's mind.
5. Why does Paine state that America took up arms against England?
(a) England forced the hand of America.
(b) Other countries forced the hand of America.
(c) America had become more prosperous than almost all other countries.
(d) America had become more prosperous than England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will the first twenty years of American independence not predict, according to Paine?
2. What does Paine consider the government to be?
3. In an ideal world, who would make decisions regarding regulations?
4. How does Burke describe Louis XVI?
5. As mentioned by Paine in Age of Reason, what did Jesus preach?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)