|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long would news take to travel from England to America if the two countries were to reconcile at this point?
(a) Four or five weeks.
(b) Four or five months.
(c) Two or three months.
(d) Two or three weeks.
2. According to Paine, what is Burke incapable of understanding about the way government works?
(a) The difference between representation and a monarchy.
(b) The difference between democracy, representation, and a monarchy.
(c) The difference between democracy and a monarchy.
(d) The difference between democracy and representation.
3. What does a strong government assure against?
(a) Civil war and poverty.
(b) Civil war, but not poverty.
(c) Poverty, but not civil war or treason.
(d) Civil war, poverty, and treason.
4. What does society promote?
5. What is the famous quote by Paine that starts the section, The Crisis?
(a) These are the times that men's souls are tested.
(b) These are the times that try men's souls.
(c) These are the men whose soul's have been tried.
(d) These are the men whose soul's need to be tested.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides the length, what is the reason Paine wanted to separate the sections of the Rights of Man?
2. How many questions does Paine address in his final letter to the people of England?
3. How does Thomas Paine write the book Common Sense?
4. What prevents the British from effectively governing America?
5. Which years of the American Revolution did America have no government?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)