|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a strong government assure against?
(a) Civil war, poverty, and treason.
(b) Civil war, but not poverty.
(c) Civil war and poverty.
(d) Poverty, but not civil war or treason.
2. According to British law, how long do the children of the king have the right to rule over every common person?
(a) Only up until the third generation.
(b) As long as the government reigns.
(c) Only for the first generation.
(d) Only up until the second generation.
3. According to Paine, what goes against human nature?
(a) Partial governments.
(b) A self-sufficient government.
(c) Absolute governments.
(d) An absence of government.
4. What will the first twenty years of American independence not predict, according to Paine?
(a) The next fifteen years.
(b) The next five years.
(c) The next ten years.
(d) The next twenty years.
5. What does Paine believe should never separate the elected from the electors?
(a) Action, but not belief.
(b) Belief or action.
(c) Belief, action, or money.
(d) Belief, but not action.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the men in the American army fight Howe?
2. Which country has England chosen as its new foe when Paine writes the Rights of Man?
3. What does Paine profess about himself in The Crisis?
4. What season does Paine use in the metaphor that ends the second part of the Rights of Man?
5. Besides the length, what is the reason Paine wanted to separate the sections of the Rights of Man?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)