|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine use as a miserable example of the Constitution that America is trying to adopt?
2. How does Paine categorize Howe's victories?
3. What point does Paine use Joan of Arc as an example to support?
(a) The weakness of the British rule.
(b) America's political views.
(c) America's sacrifice for independence.
(d) The strength of the American soldiers.
4. What does a strong government assure against?
(a) Poverty, but not civil war or treason.
(b) Civil war, poverty, and treason.
(c) Civil war and poverty.
(d) Civil war, but not poverty.
5. How does Paine describe Burke's descriptions of the French during the Revolution?
(a) Disturbing, vulgar, and predictable.
(b) Disturbing and vulgar.
(c) Vulgar and predictable.
(d) Disturbing and predictable.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Paine, which governments must unite to lead by example in order to ensure liberty worldwide?
2. How should people self-impose laws in order to exist harmoniously in the absence of government?
3. What does Howe support that draws Paine's criticism?
4. Why does Paine believe that America will succeed?
5. What does Paine wish America could have used against the British?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)