|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What replaced hopelessness during a long battle, as Paine recounts?
2. In his letter to Howe, what comparison does Paine make about arguing with a man who has no use for authority?
(a) Talking to a wall.
(b) Reasoning with a wall.
(c) Talking to the dead.
(d) Giving medicine to the dead.
3. How does Thomas Paine write the book <i>Common Sense</i>?
(b) With a co-writer.
(c) With a ghost writer.
(d) With two co-writers.
4. Why does the monarchy no longer work in Paine's opinion?
(a) Because the king is not far enough away from the people.
(b) Because the king has stopped listening to the people.
(c) Because the king is too far away from the people.
(d) Because the king has stopped talking to the people.
5. For what does Paine compliment Washington?
(a) For his mind and economic resources.
(b) For his character and mind.
(c) For his economic resources.
(d) For his character, mind, and economic resources.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paine describe tyranny?
2. How many books did Burke publish after the Rights of Man was released?
3. Why didn't Paine reply to any of the responses to the Rights of Man?
4. Whom was the Rights of Man presented to?
5. Who is hurt the most when a government tries to prohibit its people from reading a work the government disapproves of?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)