|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was Washington compensated for his time as the first president?
(a) He received no financial reward.
(b) He received a large financial reward.
(c) He received a small financial reward.
(d) It is unknown how he was financially rewarded.
2. Which proverb does Paine refer to when commenting on the acts of Howe and Burgoyne?
(a) The best defense is a good offense.
(b) A penny wise and a pound foolish.
(c) In for a penny, in for a pound.
(d) A problem shared is a problem halved.
3. Which country has England chosen as its new foe when Paine writes the Rights of Man?
4. What saddens Paine about the analogies made to good and solid government?
(a) They involve Greece and Rome.
(b) They involve Britain.
(c) They involve France and Spain.
(d) They involve Britain, Greece, Rome, France, and Spain.
5. How many days before the taking of the Bastille did Marquis de La Fayette make a speech?
Short Answer Questions
1. What city did the British incorrectly assume was the center of America when they attacked it?
2. To what does Paine compare kings?
3. What does Paine prove in order to dispel a myth about government?
4. What does Paine surmise Burke's view of government entails?
5. Where is Paine living when Burke's pamphlet is being published?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)