|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In an ideal world, who would make decisions regarding regulations?
(a) All members of society.
(b) All members of government.
(c) A select few members of society.
(d) A select few members of government.
2. What river are the American troops preparing to cross as Paine describes their trials and tribulations?
(a) The Mississippi.
(b) The Hudson.
(c) The Delaware.
(d) The Missouri.
3. When was the law invented that took the freedom away from the English subjects?
(a) The fourteenth century.
(b) The fifteenth century.
(c) The sixteenth century.
(d) The seventeenth century.
4. Why does the monarchy no longer work in Paine's opinion?
(a) Because the king is not far enough away from the people.
(b) Because the king has stopped talking to the people.
(c) Because the king has stopped listening to the people.
(d) Because the king is too far away from the people.
5. What did the lack of monarchy result in for Britain before the kings?
(a) A lack of commerce.
(b) A need for war.
(c) A need for commerce.
(d) A lack of war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What replaced hopelessness during a long battle, as Paine recounts?
2. What does Paine use as a miserable example of the Constitution that America is trying to adopt?
3. What tactic will the king use to gain favor in the long run if he cannot rule through force in the short run?
4. Why does Paine state that America took up arms against England?
5. According to British law, how long do the children of the king have the right to rule over every common person?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)