|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the famous quote by Paine that starts the section, The Crisis?
(a) These are the times that try men's souls.
(b) These are the men whose soul's have been tried.
(c) These are the times that men's souls are tested.
(d) These are the men whose soul's need to be tested.
2. According to Paine, what should not be confused with religion?
(a) An empty soul.
(b) A full soul.
(c) A cold soul.
(d) A warm soul.
3. How much was Washington compensated for his time as the first president?
(a) It is unknown how he was financially rewarded.
(b) He received a small financial reward.
(c) He received a large financial reward.
(d) He received no financial reward.
4. What should the main purpose of a Constitution be?
(a) To create and maintain the happiness of its citizens.
(b) To provide for people who are unwilling or unable to provide for themselves.
(c) To create and maintain the happiness of its government.
(d) To provide for other countries who are unwilling or unable to provide for themselves.
5. How long does Burke think English subjects should serve in the Parliament?
(b) Only the first three quarters of their lives.
(c) Only the first half of their lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many rebuttals did Burke make to Paine's Rights of Man?
2. What part of the American Revolution received the most attention, according to Paine?
3. At what age can a monarch be appointed in Britain?
4. What are the questions about in Paine's last letter to the people of England?
5. Whom was the Rights of Man presented to?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)