|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paine believe that America will succeed?
(a) Because of great numbers.
(b) Because of its economic status.
(c) Because of unity.
(d) Because of its political status.
2. What tactic will the king use to gain favor in the long run if he cannot rule through force in the short run?
3. How many days before the taking of the Bastille did Marquis de La Fayette make a speech?
4. What is the result of using faith for political reasons?
(a) It undermines all religions.
(b) It undermines the right to practice religion freely.
(c) It undermines the religions that are not involved.
(d) It undermines only the religion involved.
5. Which country has England chosen as its new foe when Paine writes the Rights of Man?
Short Answer Questions
1. On which concept was the old Whig party based?
2. Why didn't Paine reply to any of the responses to the Rights of Man?
3. Which proverb does Paine refer to when commenting on the acts of Howe and Burgoyne?
4. What does Paine believe should never separate the elected from the electors?
5. Which one of Burke's books contained several pages quoted from the Rights of Man?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)