|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many ancient tyrannies does Paine think comprise the English Constitution?
2. How does Paine describe Burke's analysis of France?
(a) Darkness attempting to deny light.
(b) Darkness attempting to conceal light.
(c) Darkness attempting to destroy light.
(d) Darkness attempting to illuminate light.
3. How many years does Paine think the aristocracy or monarchy will last after the writing of his pamphlet?
(a) Not more than twenty five years.
(b) Not more than seven years.
(c) Not more than ten years.
(d) Not more than twelve years.
4. What does government promote?
5. What river are the American troops preparing to cross as Paine describes their trials and tribulations?
(a) The Hudson.
(b) The Missouri.
(c) The Delaware.
(d) The Mississippi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What season does Paine use in the metaphor that ends the second part of the Rights of Man?
2. What does Paine attribute his literary career to?
3. Whose sermon given to celebrate the anniversary of the English Revolution does Burke misrepresent?
4. What does a strong government assure against?
5. How does Paine categorize Howe's victories?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)