|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paine believe that America will succeed?
(a) Because of its political status.
(b) Because of great numbers.
(c) Because of unity.
(d) Because of its economic status.
2. What are the rumors about the reason behind Burke's pamphlet?
(a) He did it for financial reasons.
(b) He did it out of hatred for other countries.
(c) He did it to receive notoriety.
(d) He did it out of loyalty for his country.
3. What is the famous quote by Paine that starts the section, The Crisis?
(a) These are the times that try men's souls.
(b) These are the men whose soul's need to be tested.
(c) These are the times that men's souls are tested.
(d) These are the men whose soul's have been tried.
4. According to Paine, what does Burke lack?
(a) An understanding of history.
(b) An understanding of economics.
(c) An understanding of government.
(d) An understanding of liberty.
5. What does Paine use as a miserable example of the Constitution that America is trying to adopt?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paine describe Burke's analysis of France?
2. How does Burke describe Louis XVI?
3. What does government promote?
4. What does Paine prove in order to dispel a myth about government?
5. Why does England constantly need a foe to battle?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)