|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the monarchy no longer work in Paine's opinion?
(a) Because the king is not far enough away from the people.
(b) Because the king is too far away from the people.
(c) Because the king has stopped talking to the people.
(d) Because the king has stopped listening to the people.
2. What does Paine believe would end government through hereditary?
(a) Having each king only serve two terms.
(b) Having each king elected.
(c) Having each king only serve for ten years.
(d) Having each king only serve for five years.
3. How long would news take to travel from England to America if the two countries were to reconcile at this point?
(a) Two or three weeks.
(b) Two or three months.
(c) Four or five weeks.
(d) Four or five months.
4. Which party did Washington belong to when he became the first president of the United States?
(b) The Democratic Party.
(c) The Republican Party.
(d) The Whig Party.
5. How many ancient tyrannies does Paine think comprise the English Constitution?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the lack of monarchy result in for Britain before the kings?
2. Why does Paine think the British are incapable of ruling America justly?
3. What concerns Paine about how Burke's pamphlet is published?
4. What does Paine consider the government to be?
5. What saddens Paine about the analogies made to good and solid government?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)