|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Burke mention the Bastille in his book?
(a) Only once.
(b) Only twice.
(c) Only three times.
2. Which religious group of people does Paine think are persecuted?
(c) Those who pretend to be Christians.
(d) Those who pretend to be Quakers.
3. How does Thomas Paine write the book Common Sense?
(a) With two co-writers.
(c) With a co-writer.
(d) With a ghost writer.
4. According to Paine, what goes against human nature?
(a) A self-sufficient government.
(b) An absence of government.
(c) Absolute governments.
(d) Partial governments.
5. Why do Englishmen defend their king?
(a) Out of both reason and national pride.
(b) Out of reason, rather than national pride.
(c) Out of national pride, rather than reason.
(d) Out of neither reason nor national pride.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following is not included in the natural rights Paine believes should be retained by people after they are born?
2. What does Paine believe should never separate the elected from the electors?
3. What does Paine wish America could have used against the British?
4. According to Paine, what should not be confused with religion?
5. According to Paine, what is the difference between society and government?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)