|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents the British from effectively governing America?
(a) Their fear.
(b) Their reputation.
(c) Their ignorance.
(d) Their recklessness.
2. Whose sermon given to celebrate the anniversary of the English Revolution does Burke misrepresent?
(a) Daniel Conway.
(b) James Mackintosh.
(c) Richard Price.
(d) Joseph Priestley.
3. What are the rumors about the reason behind Burke's pamphlet?
(a) He did it for financial reasons.
(b) He did it out of hatred for other countries.
(c) He did it to receive notoriety.
(d) He did it out of loyalty for his country.
4. What area do Paine and the Marquis differ on?
(a) When political reform can occur.
(b) Why political reform should occur.
(c) Where political reform needs to occur.
(d) How political reform can occur.
5. According to the second part of the Rights of Man, when was Combining Principals and Practice written?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years of the Revolution does Paine discuss in a letter to the Inhabitants of America?
2. On which concept is the new Whig party based?
3. How many total pages is Burke's denouncement of the French Revolution?
4. What did the lack of monarchy result in for Britain before the kings?
5. Where is Paine living when Burke's pamphlet is being published?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)