|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Paine, what should not be confused with religion?
(a) A warm soul.
(b) A cold soul.
(c) A full soul.
(d) An empty soul.
2. Which proverb does Paine refer to when commenting on the acts of Howe and Burgoyne?
(a) A penny wise and a pound foolish.
(b) The best defense is a good offense.
(c) A problem shared is a problem halved.
(d) In for a penny, in for a pound.
3. How did the men in the American army fight Howe?
(a) They fought for property, not an ideal.
(b) They fought neither for an ideal nor property.
(c) They fought for an ideal, not property.
(d) They fought for an ideal and property.
4. How many rebuttals did Burke make to Paine's Rights of Man?
5. How many books did Burke publish after the Rights of Man was released?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Paine compare kings?
2. What city did the British incorrectly assume was the center of America when they attacked it?
3. Why didn't Paine reply to any of the responses to the Rights of Man?
4. How many times does Burke mention the Bastille in his book?
5. In the Introduction, what does Paine state about the thoughts of the book?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)