|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Burke think English subjects should serve in the Parliament?
(a) Only the first three quarters of their lives.
(d) Only the first half of their lives.
2. What does Howe support that draws Paine's criticism?
(a) The rising costs of American products.
(b) The theft of American money.
(c) The decreasing costs of American products.
(d) The counterfeiting of American money.
3. How many ancient tyrannies does Paine think comprise the English Constitution?
4. What city did the British incorrectly assume was the center of America when they attacked it?
(b) New York.
5. What river are the American troops preparing to cross as Paine describes their trials and tribulations?
(a) The Delaware.
(b) The Hudson.
(c) The Missouri.
(d) The Mississippi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What point does Paine use Joan of Arc as an example to support?
2. Which years of the American Revolution did America have no government?
3. What season does Paine use in the metaphor that ends the second part of the Rights of Man?
4. What are the decrees outlining the foundation for a new French government called?
5. What does Burke continue to perpetuate with his actions?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)