|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city did the British incorrectly assume was the center of America when they attacked it?
(b) New York.
2. How does Paine categorize Howe's victories?
3. How does Paine describe society?
(a) As a gift.
(b) As a perfect model.
(c) As a good example.
(d) As a blessing.
4. What does Paine believe should never separate the elected from the electors?
(a) Action, but not belief.
(b) Belief, but not action.
(c) Belief, action, or money.
(d) Belief or action.
5. According to Paine, whose role in the French Revolution should not be diminished?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) George Washington.
(c) John Adams.
(d) Benjamin Franklin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the English people indicate with their silence?
2. What river are the American troops preparing to cross as Paine describes their trials and tribulations?
3. How many times does Burke mention the Bastille in his book?
4. What tactic will the king use to gain favor in the long run if he cannot rule through force in the short run?
5. Why does England constantly need a foe to battle?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)