|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Paine, what is the difference between society and government?
(a) Positivism versus negativism.
(b) East versus West.
(c) North versus South.
(d) Right versus wrong.
2. Why does England constantly need a foe to battle?
(a) To increase trade agreements.
(b) To provide a reason for its high taxes.
(c) To prove their place in the world.
(d) To increase jobs through war.
3. What does society promote?
4. To what does Paine compare kings?
5. How did the conquerors treat defeated enemies in the earliest known governments?
(a) As paid employees.
(b) As property.
(c) As equals.
(d) As individuals.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many questions does Paine address in his final letter to the people of England?
2. Who is hurt the most when a government tries to prohibit its people from reading a work the government disapproves of?
3. What saddens Paine about the analogies made to good and solid government?
4. Why does Paine admire the Marquis?
5. How does Paine describe Burke's descriptions of the French during the Revolution?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)