|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days before the taking of the Bastille did Marquis de La Fayette make a speech?
2. How many years of the Revolution does Paine discuss in a letter to the Inhabitants of America?
(a) The first three.
(b) The last four.
(c) The first four.
(d) The last three.
3. What part of the American Revolution received the most attention, according to Paine?
(a) The separation of America from England.
(b) The formation of a new government in America.
(c) The sacrifices made by the American people.
(d) The sacrifices made by the American soldiers.
4. What prevents the British from effectively governing America?
(a) Their reputation.
(b) Their ignorance.
(c) Their fear.
(d) Their recklessness.
5. According to Paine, what does Burke lack?
(a) An understanding of history.
(b) An understanding of liberty.
(c) An understanding of economics.
(d) An understanding of government.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was Washington compensated for his time as the first president?
2. What city did the British incorrectly assume was the center of America when they attacked it?
3. As Paine states in The Crisis, what word should never replace the word "Christian"?
4. According to Paine, which governments must unite to lead by example in order to ensure liberty worldwide?
5. Where is Paine living when Burke's pamphlet is being published?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)