|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thomas Paine write the book Common Sense?
(a) With two co-writers.
(c) With a ghost writer.
(d) With a co-writer.
2. Why does the monarchy no longer work in Paine's opinion?
(a) Because the king has stopped talking to the people.
(b) Because the king is not far enough away from the people.
(c) Because the king has stopped listening to the people.
(d) Because the king is too far away from the people.
3. According to Paine, what goes against human nature?
(a) A self-sufficient government.
(b) An absence of government.
(c) Absolute governments.
(d) Partial governments.
4. What does society promote?
5. What part of the American Revolution received the most attention, according to Paine?
(a) The formation of a new government in America.
(b) The sacrifices made by the American people.
(c) The sacrifices made by the American soldiers.
(d) The separation of America from England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paine believe should never separate the elected from the electors?
2. For what does Paine compliment Washington?
3. According to Paine, what should not be confused with religion?
4. In his letter to Howe, what comparison does Paine make about arguing with a man who has no use for authority?
5. What tactic will the king use to gain favor in the long run if he cannot rule through force in the short run?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)