|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the president of the United States required to be in order to presumably prevent inexperienced people from having the position?
(a) Thirty-five years of age.
(b) Thirty years of age.
(c) Twenty-five years of age.
(d) Forty years of age.
2. How many days before the taking of the Bastille did Marquis de La Fayette make a speech?
3. Whose sermon given to celebrate the anniversary of the English Revolution does Burke misrepresent?
(a) Joseph Priestley.
(b) Daniel Conway.
(c) Richard Price.
(d) James Mackintosh.
4. Why does Paine admire the Marquis?
(a) For his cooperation and wisdom during the American Revolution.
(b) For his work with trade agreements between America and other countries.
(c) For his economic support of the American Revolution.
(d) For his writings against the English.
5. What will the first twenty years of American independence not predict, according to Paine?
(a) The next fifteen years.
(b) The next ten years.
(c) The next twenty years.
(d) The next five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where was English rule founded?
2. How many rebuttals did Burke make to Paine's Rights of Man?
3. Where is Paine living when Burke's pamphlet is being published?
4. What concerns Paine about how Burke's pamphlet is published?
5. According to Paine, whose role in the French Revolution should not be diminished?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)