|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does government promote?
2. According to Paine, what does Burke lack?
(a) An understanding of history.
(b) An understanding of government.
(c) An understanding of economics.
(d) An understanding of liberty.
3. What does Paine believe will happen with time?
(a) His views will become accepted, but not favored.
(b) His views will become favored, but not accepted.
(c) His views will never become accepted or favored.
(d) His views will become accepted and possibly favored.
4. How does Paine describe tyranny?
(a) An opponent that is easily defeated.
(b) An opponent that is not easily defeated now, but will be in the future.
(c) An opponent that is not easily defeated.
(d) An opponent that once could have been easily defeated, but no longer.
5. According to Paine, which governments must unite to lead by example in order to ensure liberty worldwide?
(a) America, England, and France.
(b) Only America and France.
(c) Only England and France.
(d) Only America and England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What replaced hopelessness during a long battle, as Paine recounts?
2. Which proverb does Paine refer to when commenting on the acts of Howe and Burgoyne?
3. What are the questions about in Paine's last letter to the people of England?
4. When did Edmund Burke attack the French Revolution in a book?
5. How does Paine respond to the people who cannot follow his logic?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)