|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paine refer to himself, with regards to Howe?
(a) An enemy and countryman.
(b) A friend and an enemy.
(c) A friend and countryman.
(d) A friend, enemy, and countryman.
2. What does Paine use as a miserable example of the Constitution that America is trying to adopt?
3. How does Paine describe society?
(a) As a good example.
(b) As a gift.
(c) As a blessing.
(d) As a perfect model.
4. What does Paine hope the English people will realize from Burke's pamphlet?
(a) How easy the English laws are to change.
(b) How archaic the English laws are.
(c) How difficult the English laws are to change.
(d) How complicated the English laws are.
5. According to British law, how long do the children of the king have the right to rule over every common person?
(a) As long as the government reigns.
(b) Only up until the second generation.
(c) Only for the first generation.
(d) Only up until the third generation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many total pages is Burke's denouncement of the French Revolution?
2. Where is Paine living when Burke's pamphlet is being published?
3. Which proverb does Paine refer to when commenting on the acts of Howe and Burgoyne?
4. When does Paine wish the Revolution had begun?
5. How many years of the Revolution does Paine discuss in a letter to the Inhabitants of America?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)