|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Paine living when Burke's pamphlet is being published?
2. How does Paine describe Burke's descriptions of the French during the Revolution?
(a) Disturbing and vulgar.
(b) Vulgar and predictable.
(c) Disturbing and predictable.
(d) Disturbing, vulgar, and predictable.
3. How does Paine describe Burke's analysis of France?
(a) Darkness attempting to illuminate light.
(b) Darkness attempting to deny light.
(c) Darkness attempting to conceal light.
(d) Darkness attempting to destroy light.
4. What does Paine use as a miserable example of the Constitution that America is trying to adopt?
5. When was the law invented that took the freedom away from the English subjects?
(a) The fourteenth century.
(b) The fifteenth century.
(c) The sixteenth century.
(d) The seventeenth century.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a strong government assure against?
2. What does society promote?
3. How many times does Burke mention the Bastille in his book?
4. What do the English people indicate with their silence?
5. Whom was the Rights of Man presented to?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)