|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine profess about himself in The Crisis?
(a) He is superstitious.
(b) He does believe in miracles.
(c) He is not superstitious.
(d) He does not believe in miracles.
2. According to British law, how long do the children of the king have the right to rule over every common person?
(a) Only up until the third generation.
(b) Only for the first generation.
(c) As long as the government reigns.
(d) Only up until the second generation.
3. How many ancient tyrannies does Paine think comprise the English Constitution?
4. What does Paine use examples from scripture to explain?
(a) How, why, and when kings became prominent.
(b) How, but not why kings became prominent.
(c) Why, but not how or when kings became prominent.
(d) How and why kings became prominent.
5. What does Paine use as a miserable example of the Constitution that America is trying to adopt?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Howe support that draws Paine's criticism?
2. Since all men are created equal, what does Paine consider aristocracy to be?
3. How does Paine describe the Quakers?
4. When did Edmund Burke attack the French Revolution in a book?
5. What does Paine think about the idea of being a king through heredity?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)