|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What replaced hopelessness during a long battle, as Paine recounts?
2. How does Paine describe Burke's descriptions of the French during the Revolution?
(a) Vulgar and predictable.
(b) Disturbing and vulgar.
(c) Disturbing and predictable.
(d) Disturbing, vulgar, and predictable.
3. What city did the British incorrectly assume was the center of America when they attacked it?
(b) New York.
4. In his letter to Howe, what comparison does Paine make about arguing with a man who has no use for authority?
(a) Giving medicine to the dead.
(b) Talking to the dead.
(c) Talking to a wall.
(d) Reasoning with a wall.
5. How does Paine categorize Howe's victories?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gideon deny?
2. How many days before the taking of the Bastille did Marquis de La Fayette make a speech?
3. What prevents the British from effectively governing America?
4. How does Paine describe the Quakers?
5. What saddens Paine about the analogies made to good and solid government?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)