|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paine believe that America will succeed?
(a) Because of its economic status.
(b) Because of great numbers.
(c) Because of unity.
(d) Because of its political status.
2. What does a strong government assure against?
(a) Poverty, but not civil war or treason.
(b) Civil war, but not poverty.
(c) Civil war, poverty, and treason.
(d) Civil war and poverty.
3. What do the English people indicate with their silence?
(a) Their objection to the laws.
(b) Their inability to change the laws.
(c) Their acceptance of the laws.
(d) Their inability to understand the laws.
4. What did Gideon deny?
(a) The benefits of being a leader.
(b) The drawbacks of being a leader.
(c) The idea of being given the role of leader.
(d) The role of leader.
5. What is the famous quote by Paine that starts the section, The Crisis?
(a) These are the men whose soul's need to be tested.
(b) These are the times that men's souls are tested.
(c) These are the times that try men's souls.
(d) These are the men whose soul's have been tried.
Short Answer Questions
1. In an ideal world, who would make decisions regarding regulations?
2. At what age can a monarch be appointed in Britain?
3. Why does England constantly need a foe to battle?
4. As Paine states in The Crisis, what word should never replace the word "Christian"?
5. According to British law, how long do the children of the king have the right to rule over every common person?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)