|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom was the Rights of Man presented to?
(a) George Washington.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Benjamin Franklin.
(d) John Adams.
2. What does Paine believe will happen with time?
(a) His views will become favored, but not accepted.
(b) His views will become accepted and possibly favored.
(c) His views will become accepted, but not favored.
(d) His views will never become accepted or favored.
3. What is the famous quote by Paine that starts the section, The Crisis?
(a) These are the men whose soul's need to be tested.
(b) These are the times that try men's souls.
(c) These are the times that men's souls are tested.
(d) These are the men whose soul's have been tried.
4. In the Introduction, what does Paine state about the thoughts of the book?
(a) They are popular for all of the country.
(b) They may not be popular.
(c) They are popular for half of the country.
(d) They may have been popular at an earlier date.
5. Which religious group of people does Paine think are persecuted?
(a) Those who pretend to be Christians.
(b) Those who pretend to be Quakers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city did the British incorrectly assume was the center of America when they attacked it?
2. Which proverb does Paine refer to when commenting on the acts of Howe and Burgoyne?
3. How long would news take to travel from England to America if the two countries were to reconcile at this point?
4. What does Paine profess about himself in The Crisis?
5. What do the English people indicate with their silence?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)