|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following is not included in the natural rights Paine believes should be retained by people after they are born?
(a) The right to stand up for a cause.
(b) The right to practice religion.
(c) The right to be provided for.
(d) The right to procure happiness.
2. According to Paine, what should not be confused with religion?
(a) A cold soul.
(b) An empty soul.
(c) A warm soul.
(d) A full soul.
3. What is the English government's position on the French Revolution?
(a) The English government supports it.
(b) Half of the English government supports it.
(c) The English government does not support it.
(d) Almost all of the English government supports it.
4. What does Paine think about the idea of being a king through heredity?
(a) He thinks it is unnatural, but not absurd.
(b) He thinks it is absurd and unnatural.
(c) He thinks it is reasonable and unflawed.
(d) He thinks it is flawed, but not unreasonable.
5. When did Edmund Burke attack the French Revolution in a book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the famous quote by Paine that starts the section, The Crisis?
2. What concerns Paine about how Burke's pamphlet is published?
3. What tactic will the king use to gain favor in the long run if he cannot rule through force in the short run?
4. According to Paine, what goes against human nature?
5. According to British law, how long do the children of the king have the right to rule over every common person?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)