|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Paine, what does Burke lack?
(a) An understanding of history.
(b) An understanding of liberty.
(c) An understanding of government.
(d) An understanding of economics.
2. How many ancient tyrannies does Paine think comprise the English Constitution?
3. What is the famous quote by Paine that starts the section, The Crisis?
(a) These are the times that try men's souls.
(b) These are the men whose soul's need to be tested.
(c) These are the times that men's souls are tested.
(d) These are the men whose soul's have been tried.
4. What grows along with a society?
(a) A need for fewer regulations.
(b) A need for less taxation.
(c) A need for more regulations.
(d) A need for more taxation.
5. What does Paine use examples from scripture to explain?
(a) How, but not why kings became prominent.
(b) How and why kings became prominent.
(c) Why, but not how or when kings became prominent.
(d) How, why, and when kings became prominent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the questions about in Paine's last letter to the people of England?
2. What does society promote?
3. According to Paine, what should not be confused with religion?
4. What tactic will the king use to gain favor in the long run if he cannot rule through force in the short run?
5. For what does Paine compliment Washington?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)