|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paine refer to himself, with regards to Howe?
(a) A friend, enemy, and countryman.
(b) An enemy and countryman.
(c) A friend and countryman.
(d) A friend and an enemy.
2. How does Paine describe the Quakers?
(a) Offensive and loud.
(b) Quiet and inoffensive.
(c) Inoffensive but loud.
(d) Quiet but offensive.
3. Where is Paine living when Burke's pamphlet is being published?
4. What did Gideon deny?
(a) The benefits of being a leader.
(b) The idea of being given the role of leader.
(c) The drawbacks of being a leader.
(d) The role of leader.
5. What saddens Paine about the analogies made to good and solid government?
(a) They involve Britain.
(b) They involve France and Spain.
(c) They involve Greece and Rome.
(d) They involve Britain, Greece, Rome, France, and Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paine use examples from scripture to explain?
2. How many questions does Paine address in his final letter to the people of England?
3. What is the Rights of Man considered?
4. Why does Paine think the British are incapable of ruling America justly?
5. What does Burke continue to perpetuate with his actions?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)