|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What river are the American troops preparing to cross as Paine describes their trials and tribulations?
(a) The Delaware.
(b) The Missouri.
(c) The Hudson.
(d) The Mississippi.
2. What are the rumors about the reason behind Burke's pamphlet?
(a) He did it to receive notoriety.
(b) He did it out of hatred for other countries.
(c) He did it for financial reasons.
(d) He did it out of loyalty for his country.
3. How long does Burke think English subjects should serve in the Parliament?
(a) Only the first three quarters of their lives.
(c) Only the first half of their lives.
4. In the Introduction, what does Paine state about the thoughts of the book?
(a) They may not be popular.
(b) They are popular for half of the country.
(c) They are popular for all of the country.
(d) They may have been popular at an earlier date.
5. How does Paine respond to the people who cannot follow his logic?
(a) He is angered.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is shocked.
(d) He is ambivalent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a strong government assure against?
2. What does Paine believe should never separate the elected from the electors?
3. What does Howe support that draws Paine's criticism?
4. Which one of the following is not included in the natural rights Paine believes should be retained by people after they are born?
5. What grows along with a society?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)