|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine profess about himself in The Crisis?
(a) He is not superstitious.
(b) He does not believe in miracles.
(c) He does believe in miracles.
(d) He is superstitious.
2. What does Paine believe should never separate the elected from the electors?
(a) Belief, but not action.
(b) Action, but not belief.
(c) Belief or action.
(d) Belief, action, or money.
3. Since all men are created equal, what does Paine consider aristocracy to be?
(a) A fallacy.
(b) A deceptive practice.
(c) A hypocrisy.
(d) A naive attempt.
4. How does Burke describe Louis XVI?
(a) A fearful monarch.
(b) A resourceful monarch.
(c) A beaten monarch.
(d) A mild monarch.
5. What replaced hopelessness during a long battle, as Paine recounts?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paine believe will happen with time?
2. What will the first twenty years of American independence not predict, according to Paine?
3. What did Gideon deny?
4. Why does the monarchy no longer work in Paine's opinion?
5. What is the English government's position on the French Revolution?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)