|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Paine wish the Revolution had begun?
(a) Eight days later.
(b) Eight months earlier.
(c) Eight months later.
(d) Eight days earlier.
2. What types of goals should the members of the elected have?
(a) The same goals as other countries.
(b) The same goals as the largest populated cities.
(c) The same goals as the body.
(d) The same goals as half of the body.
3. What concerns Paine about how Burke's pamphlet is published?
(a) The colors used.
(b) The small print.
(c) The incorrect order of pages.
(d) The translation.
4. What is the result of using faith for political reasons?
(a) It undermines the religions that are not involved.
(b) It undermines only the religion involved.
(c) It undermines the right to practice religion freely.
(d) It undermines all religions.
5. In an ideal world, who would make decisions regarding regulations?
(a) All members of government.
(b) A select few members of society.
(c) A select few members of government.
(d) All members of society.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paine respond to the people who cannot follow his logic?
2. Where is Paine living when Burke's pamphlet is being published?
3. How long would news take to travel from England to America if the two countries were to reconcile at this point?
4. How does Paine describe Burke's analysis of France?
5. How many ancient tyrannies does Paine think comprise the English Constitution?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)