|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since all men are created equal, what does Paine consider aristocracy to be?
(a) A hypocrisy.
(b) A naive attempt.
(c) A fallacy.
(d) A deceptive practice.
2. Which one of the following is not included in the natural rights Paine believes should be retained by people after they are born?
(a) The right to be provided for.
(b) The right to procure happiness.
(c) The right to stand up for a cause.
(d) The right to practice religion.
3. What river are the American troops preparing to cross as Paine describes their trials and tribulations?
(a) The Hudson.
(b) The Mississippi.
(c) The Missouri.
(d) The Delaware.
4. How does Thomas Paine write the book Common Sense?
(a) With a ghost writer.
(b) With a co-writer.
(c) With two co-writers.
5. Why does England constantly need a foe to battle?
(a) To increase jobs through war.
(b) To prove their place in the world.
(c) To provide a reason for its high taxes.
(d) To increase trade agreements.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paine profess about himself in The Crisis?
2. What does Paine believe would end government through hereditary?
3. What did the lack of monarchy result in for Britain before the kings?
4. Which religious group of people does Paine think are persecuted?
5. How many days before the taking of the Bastille did Marquis de La Fayette make a speech?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)