|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paine categorize Howe's victories?
2. What concerns Paine about how Burke's pamphlet is published?
(a) The small print.
(b) The translation.
(c) The colors used.
(d) The incorrect order of pages.
3. What is the English government's position on the French Revolution?
(a) The English government does not support it.
(b) Almost all of the English government supports it.
(c) The English government supports it.
(d) Half of the English government supports it.
4. How many total pages is Burke's denouncement of the French Revolution?
(a) Five hundred and thirty four.
(b) Six hundred and forty three.
(c) Three hundred and fifty six.
(d) Four hundred and sixty five.
5. Whom was the Rights of Man presented to?
(a) George Washington.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) John Adams.
(d) Benjamin Franklin.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Paine, which governments must unite to lead by example in order to ensure liberty worldwide?
2. In the Introduction, what does Paine state about the thoughts of the book?
3. When does Paine wish the Revolution had begun?
4. How did Paine originally view Burke, before he denounced the French Revolution?
5. Which country has England chosen as its new foe when Paine writes the Rights of Man?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)