|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paine think the British are incapable of ruling America justly?
(a) They are not economically sound.
(b) They are too powerful.
(c) They are too jealous.
(d) They are too weak.
2. How does Paine categorize Howe's victories?
3. What does Burke continue to perpetuate with his actions?
(a) England's decreased status in the world.
(b) Animosity between the nations.
(c) A false sense of security for the nations.
(d) France's decreased status in the world.
4. According to Paine, what should not be confused with religion?
(a) A warm soul.
(b) An empty soul.
(c) A cold soul.
(d) A full soul.
5. In an ideal world, who would make decisions regarding regulations?
(a) All members of society.
(b) A select few members of government.
(c) A select few members of society.
(d) All members of government.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paine describe tyranny?
2. What does a strong government assure against?
3. Why do Englishmen defend their king?
4. What grows along with a society?
5. How long does Burke think English subjects should serve in the Parliament?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)