|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the decrees outlining the foundation for a new French government called?
(a) The August Decrees.
(b) The November Decrees.
(c) The December Decrees.
(d) The September Decrees.
2. Why does Paine believe that America will succeed?
(a) Because of its political status.
(b) Because of its economic status.
(c) Because of great numbers.
(d) Because of unity.
3. What does Howe support that draws Paine's criticism?
(a) The counterfeiting of American money.
(b) The theft of American money.
(c) The rising costs of American products.
(d) The decreasing costs of American products.
4. What did Gideon deny?
(a) The benefits of being a leader.
(b) The role of leader.
(c) The drawbacks of being a leader.
(d) The idea of being given the role of leader.
5. Which country has England chosen as its new foe when Paine writes the Rights of Man?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long would news take to travel from England to America if the two countries were to reconcile at this point?
2. What does Paine wish America could have used against the British?
3. What will the first twenty years of American independence not predict, according to Paine?
4. According to Paine, what goes against human nature?
5. How long does Burke think English subjects should serve in the Parliament?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)