|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will the first twenty years of American independence not predict, according to Paine?
(a) The next ten years.
(b) The next fifteen years.
(c) The next twenty years.
(d) The next five years.
2. How does Paine categorize Howe's victories?
3. How did Paine originally view Burke, before he denounced the French Revolution?
(a) As a possible threat.
(b) As an enemy.
(c) As a possible ally.
(d) As an ally.
4. According to British law, how long do the children of the king have the right to rule over every common person?
(a) Only up until the third generation.
(b) Only up until the second generation.
(c) Only for the first generation.
(d) As long as the government reigns.
5. What point does Paine use Joan of Arc as an example to support?
(a) America's political views.
(b) The weakness of the British rule.
(c) America's sacrifice for independence.
(d) The strength of the American soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paine consider the government to be?
2. What prevents the British from effectively governing America?
3. According to Paine, what is the difference between society and government?
4. What grows along with a society?
5. What replaced hopelessness during a long battle, as Paine recounts?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)