|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine believe would end government through hereditary?
(a) Having each king only serve for ten years.
(b) Having each king elected.
(c) Having each king only serve two terms.
(d) Having each king only serve for five years.
2. How does Burke describe Louis XVI?
(a) A fearful monarch.
(b) A mild monarch.
(c) A beaten monarch.
(d) A resourceful monarch.
3. How does Paine describe society?
(a) As a gift.
(b) As a perfect model.
(c) As a blessing.
(d) As a good example.
4. For what does Paine compliment Washington?
(a) For his economic resources.
(b) For his character, mind, and economic resources.
(c) For his mind and economic resources.
(d) For his character and mind.
5. What river are the American troops preparing to cross as Paine describes their trials and tribulations?
(a) The Missouri.
(b) The Mississippi.
(c) The Delaware.
(d) The Hudson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the lack of monarchy result in for Britain before the kings?
2. What does Paine think about the idea of being a king through heredity?
3. Why does Paine believe that America will succeed?
4. What does Paine use examples from scripture to explain?
5. What does Burke continue to perpetuate with his actions?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)