|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to British law, how long do the children of the king have the right to rule over every common person?
(a) As long as the government reigns.
(b) Only up until the second generation.
(c) Only up until the third generation.
(d) Only for the first generation.
2. How many times does Burke mention the Bastille in his book?
(b) Only once.
(c) Only three times.
(d) Only twice.
3. When does Paine wish the Revolution had begun?
(a) Eight months earlier.
(b) Eight days earlier.
(c) Eight days later.
(d) Eight months later.
4. Where is Paine living when Burke's pamphlet is being published?
5. According to Paine, what goes against human nature?
(a) Partial governments.
(b) A self-sufficient government.
(c) An absence of government.
(d) Absolute governments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which religious group of people does Paine think are persecuted?
2. How many years of the Revolution does Paine discuss in a letter to the Inhabitants of America?
3. What point does Paine use Joan of Arc as an example to support?
4. Which one of the following is not included in the natural rights Paine believes should be retained by people after they are born?
5. According to Paine, what is the difference between society and government?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)