|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine wish America could have used against the British?
(a) The harshness of winter.
(b) The element of surprise.
(c) The heat of summer.
(d) The use of inside information.
2. How did the men in the American army fight Howe?
(a) They fought for an ideal, not property.
(b) They fought for an ideal and property.
(c) They fought neither for an ideal nor property.
(d) They fought for property, not an ideal.
3. What prevents the British from effectively governing America?
(a) Their fear.
(b) Their ignorance.
(c) Their recklessness.
(d) Their reputation.
4. What is the result of using faith for political reasons?
(a) It undermines only the religion involved.
(b) It undermines the right to practice religion freely.
(c) It undermines the religions that are not involved.
(d) It undermines all religions.
5. Which religious group of people does Paine think are persecuted?
(a) Those who pretend to be Quakers.
(b) Those who pretend to be Christians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the decrees outlining the foundation for a new French government called?
2. What point does Paine use Joan of Arc as an example to support?
3. Why do Englishmen defend their king?
4. Why does Paine state that America took up arms against England?
5. What does Paine believe each generation should have?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)