|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine profess about himself in The Crisis?
(a) He is superstitious.
(b) He does believe in miracles.
(c) He is not superstitious.
(d) He does not believe in miracles.
2. Where is Paine living when Burke's pamphlet is being published?
3. Why does Paine state that America took up arms against England?
(a) America had become more prosperous than almost all other countries.
(b) England forced the hand of America.
(c) America had become more prosperous than England.
(d) Other countries forced the hand of America.
4. When does Paine wish the Revolution had begun?
(a) Eight months earlier.
(b) Eight days later.
(c) Eight months later.
(d) Eight days earlier.
5. How did the men in the American army fight Howe?
(a) They fought for an ideal and property.
(b) They fought for property, not an ideal.
(c) They fought neither for an ideal nor property.
(d) They fought for an ideal, not property.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many questions does Paine address in his final letter to the people of England?
2. How does Paine respond to the people who cannot follow his logic?
3. What does Paine think about the idea of being a king through heredity?
4. From where was English rule founded?
5. According to Paine, what is the difference between society and government?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)