|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paine refer to himself, with regards to Howe?
(a) A friend, enemy, and countryman.
(b) A friend and an enemy.
(c) A friend and countryman.
(d) An enemy and countryman.
2. Which country has England chosen as its new foe when Paine writes the Rights of Man?
3. What does Paine wish America could have used against the British?
(a) The harshness of winter.
(b) The use of inside information.
(c) The heat of summer.
(d) The element of surprise.
4. What does Paine consider the government to be?
(a) An unnecessary problem.
(b) A necessary problem.
(c) An unnecessary evil.
(d) A necessary evil.
5. What are the questions about in Paine's last letter to the people of England?
(a) Power and honor.
(b) Power, honor, and authority.
(c) Only honor.
(d) Only power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Howe support that draws Paine's criticism?
2. How did the men in the American army fight Howe?
3. What saddens Paine about the analogies made to good and solid government?
4. What tactic will the king use to gain favor in the long run if he cannot rule through force in the short run?
5. According to Paine, what does Burke lack?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)