|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine believe would end government through hereditary?
(a) Having each king elected.
(b) Having each king only serve for five years.
(c) Having each king only serve two terms.
(d) Having each king only serve for ten years.
2. Which country has England chosen as its new foe when Paine writes the Rights of Man?
3. In an ideal world, who would make decisions regarding regulations?
(a) A select few members of government.
(b) All members of society.
(c) A select few members of society.
(d) All members of government.
4. According to Paine, what is the difference between society and government?
(a) Positivism versus negativism.
(b) North versus South.
(c) East versus West.
(d) Right versus wrong.
5. What types of goals should the members of the elected have?
(a) The same goals as half of the body.
(b) The same goals as the largest populated cities.
(c) The same goals as other countries.
(d) The same goals as the body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose sermon given to celebrate the anniversary of the English Revolution does Burke misrepresent?
2. Why does England constantly need a foe to battle?
3. When does Paine wish the Revolution had begun?
4. What does Howe support that draws Paine's criticism?
5. When did Edmund Burke attack the French Revolution in a book?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)