|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the lack of monarchy result in for Britain before the kings?
(a) A lack of commerce.
(b) A lack of war.
(c) A need for war.
(d) A need for commerce.
2. Since all men are created equal, what does Paine consider aristocracy to be?
(a) A naive attempt.
(b) A deceptive practice.
(c) A fallacy.
(d) A hypocrisy.
3. From where was English rule founded?
4. What point does Paine use Joan of Arc as an example to support?
(a) America's sacrifice for independence.
(b) The strength of the American soldiers.
(c) America's political views.
(d) The weakness of the British rule.
5. Why does the monarchy no longer work in Paine's opinion?
(a) Because the king is not far enough away from the people.
(b) Because the king has stopped listening to the people.
(c) Because the king is too far away from the people.
(d) Because the king has stopped talking to the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the famous quote by Paine that starts the section, The Crisis?
2. How does Paine describe tyranny?
3. What does Paine believe would end government through hereditary?
4. How did the men in the American army fight Howe?
5. What did Gideon deny?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)