|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents the British from effectively governing America?
(a) Their recklessness.
(b) Their fear.
(c) Their reputation.
(d) Their ignorance.
2. Which proverb does Paine refer to when commenting on the acts of Howe and Burgoyne?
(a) The best defense is a good offense.
(b) A problem shared is a problem halved.
(c) A penny wise and a pound foolish.
(d) In for a penny, in for a pound.
3. What did Gideon deny?
(a) The drawbacks of being a leader.
(b) The role of leader.
(c) The benefits of being a leader.
(d) The idea of being given the role of leader.
4. What types of goals should the members of the elected have?
(a) The same goals as the largest populated cities.
(b) The same goals as half of the body.
(c) The same goals as other countries.
(d) The same goals as the body.
5. What does Paine think about the idea of being a king through heredity?
(a) He thinks it is unnatural, but not absurd.
(b) He thinks it is reasonable and unflawed.
(c) He thinks it is flawed, but not unreasonable.
(d) He thinks it is absurd and unnatural.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Paine believe that America will succeed?
2. Why does Paine state that America took up arms against England?
3. What did the lack of monarchy result in for Britain before the kings?
4. What grows along with a society?
5. What does a strong government assure against?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)