|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Burke continue to perpetuate with his actions?
(a) France's decreased status in the world.
(b) A false sense of security for the nations.
(c) England's decreased status in the world.
(d) Animosity between the nations.
2. How many days before the taking of the Bastille did Marquis de La Fayette make a speech?
3. Which proverb does Paine refer to when commenting on the acts of Howe and Burgoyne?
(a) A problem shared is a problem halved.
(b) The best defense is a good offense.
(c) A penny wise and a pound foolish.
(d) In for a penny, in for a pound.
4. According to Paine, whose role in the French Revolution should not be diminished?
(a) John Adams.
(b) George Washington.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) Benjamin Franklin.
5. What does Paine use as a miserable example of the Constitution that America is trying to adopt?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paine believe will happen with time?
2. In the Introduction, what does Paine state about the thoughts of the book?
3. What does Paine profess about himself in The Crisis?
4. For what does Paine compliment Washington?
5. How many questions does Paine address in his final letter to the people of England?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)