|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Paine, whose role in the French Revolution should not be diminished?
(a) George Washington.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) John Adams.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
2. Which one of the following is not included in the natural rights Paine believes should be retained by people after they are born?
(a) The right to procure happiness.
(b) The right to be provided for.
(c) The right to practice religion.
(d) The right to stand up for a cause.
3. How many days before the taking of the Bastille did Marquis de La Fayette make a speech?
4. What does Paine wish America could have used against the British?
(a) The harshness of winter.
(b) The use of inside information.
(c) The element of surprise.
(d) The heat of summer.
5. Why does the monarchy no longer work in Paine's opinion?
(a) Because the king has stopped listening to the people.
(b) Because the king has stopped talking to the people.
(c) Because the king is too far away from the people.
(d) Because the king is not far enough away from the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paine describe Burke's descriptions of the French during the Revolution?
2. Why does England constantly need a foe to battle?
3. Which country has England chosen as its new foe when Paine writes the Rights of Man?
4. When does Paine wish the Revolution had begun?
5. What does Paine attribute his literary career to?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)