|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What river are the American troops preparing to cross as Paine describes their trials and tribulations?
(a) The Delaware.
(b) The Mississippi.
(c) The Missouri.
(d) The Hudson.
2. What does Paine use as a miserable example of the Constitution that America is trying to adopt?
3. What does Burke continue to perpetuate with his actions?
(a) A false sense of security for the nations.
(b) Animosity between the nations.
(c) France's decreased status in the world.
(d) England's decreased status in the world.
4. What concerns Paine about how Burke's pamphlet is published?
(a) The incorrect order of pages.
(b) The small print.
(c) The colors used.
(d) The translation.
5. How does Paine describe Burke's analysis of France?
(a) Darkness attempting to conceal light.
(b) Darkness attempting to illuminate light.
(c) Darkness attempting to deny light.
(d) Darkness attempting to destroy light.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paine describe the Quakers?
2. According to Paine, what should not be confused with religion?
3. What is the English government's position on the French Revolution?
4. Why do Englishmen defend their king?
5. How does Paine describe society?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)