|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days before the taking of the Bastille did Marquis de La Fayette make a speech?
2. What does Paine believe each generation should have?
(a) The ideals and values of the preceding government.
(b) Its own ideals, values, and choices in government.
(c) Its own values, but the ideals of the preceding government.
(d) Its own ideals, but the values of the preceding government.
3. As Paine states in The Crisis, what word should never replace the word "Christian"?
4. What are the questions about in Paine's last letter to the people of England?
(a) Only honor.
(b) Power, honor, and authority.
(c) Only power.
(d) Power and honor.
5. What do the English people indicate with their silence?
(a) Their objection to the laws.
(b) Their inability to change the laws.
(c) Their acceptance of the laws.
(d) Their inability to understand the laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Paine believe that America will succeed?
2. How does Burke describe Louis XVI?
3. What prevents the British from effectively governing America?
4. How does Paine describe tyranny?
5. What replaced hopelessness during a long battle, as Paine recounts?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)