|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paine refer to himself, with regards to Howe?
(a) A friend and countryman.
(b) An enemy and countryman.
(c) A friend and an enemy.
(d) A friend, enemy, and countryman.
2. What replaced hopelessness during a long battle, as Paine recounts?
3. What does Paine wish America could have used against the British?
(a) The element of surprise.
(b) The use of inside information.
(c) The heat of summer.
(d) The harshness of winter.
4. What are the questions about in Paine's last letter to the people of England?
(a) Power, honor, and authority.
(b) Only power.
(c) Power and honor.
(d) Only honor.
5. According to Paine, what does Burke lack?
(a) An understanding of liberty.
(b) An understanding of economics.
(c) An understanding of government.
(d) An understanding of history.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paine hope the English people will realize from Burke's pamphlet?
2. When does Paine wish the Revolution had begun?
3. What is the Rights of Man considered?
4. As Paine states in The Crisis, what word should never replace the word "Christian"?
5. When did the English Revolution take place?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)