|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine attribute his literary career to?
(a) Only his dedication to independence.
(b) The revolution, his dedication to independence, and the will of the American people.
(c) Only the revolution.
(d) The revolution and his dedication to independence.
2. What are the questions about in Paine's last letter to the people of England?
(a) Power and honor.
(b) Only power.
(c) Power, honor, and authority.
(d) Only honor.
3. What is the Rights of Man considered?
(a) An essay.
(b) A novel.
(c) A treatise.
(d) A speech.
4. What does Burke continue to perpetuate with his actions?
(a) A false sense of security for the nations.
(b) France's decreased status in the world.
(c) England's decreased status in the world.
(d) Animosity between the nations.
5. Why does Paine state that America took up arms against England?
(a) England forced the hand of America.
(b) America had become more prosperous than almost all other countries.
(c) America had become more prosperous than England.
(d) Other countries forced the hand of America.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days before the taking of the Bastille did Marquis de La Fayette make a speech?
2. What does Paine think about the idea of being a king through heredity?
3. How many total pages is Burke's denouncement of the French Revolution?
4. Why do Englishmen defend their king?
5. What does Howe support that draws Paine's criticism?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)