|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paine state that America took up arms against England?
(a) America had become more prosperous than almost all other countries.
(b) Other countries forced the hand of America.
(c) America had become more prosperous than England.
(d) England forced the hand of America.
2. What does government promote?
3. What will the first twenty years of American independence not predict, according to Paine?
(a) The next twenty years.
(b) The next five years.
(c) The next fifteen years.
(d) The next ten years.
4. According to British law, how long do the children of the king have the right to rule over every common person?
(a) Only up until the third generation.
(b) As long as the government reigns.
(c) Only for the first generation.
(d) Only up until the second generation.
5. What is the Rights of Man considered?
(a) A treatise.
(b) A speech.
(c) An essay.
(d) A novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paine categorize Howe's victories?
2. In the Introduction, what does Paine state about the thoughts of the book?
3. What are the questions about in Paine's last letter to the people of England?
4. How does Paine describe tyranny?
5. What does Paine attribute his literary career to?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)