|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gideon deny?
(a) The idea of being given the role of leader.
(b) The drawbacks of being a leader.
(c) The role of leader.
(d) The benefits of being a leader.
2. How does Paine describe tyranny?
(a) An opponent that is easily defeated.
(b) An opponent that is not easily defeated now, but will be in the future.
(c) An opponent that is not easily defeated.
(d) An opponent that once could have been easily defeated, but no longer.
3. What point does Paine use Joan of Arc as an example to support?
(a) The strength of the American soldiers.
(b) America's political views.
(c) America's sacrifice for independence.
(d) The weakness of the British rule.
4. Why does Paine believe that America will succeed?
(a) Because of unity.
(b) Because of its economic status.
(c) Because of its political status.
(d) Because of great numbers.
5. According to British law, how long do the children of the king have the right to rule over every common person?
(a) As long as the government reigns.
(b) Only up until the third generation.
(c) Only up until the second generation.
(d) Only for the first generation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paine think about the idea of being a king through heredity?
2. What tactic will the king use to gain favor in the long run if he cannot rule through force in the short run?
3. What does a strong government assure against?
4. How does Thomas Paine write the book Common Sense?
5. What does Paine believe each generation should have?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)