|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine use examples from scripture to explain?
(a) How, why, and when kings became prominent.
(b) How, but not why kings became prominent.
(c) Why, but not how or when kings became prominent.
(d) How and why kings became prominent.
2. What does Paine believe each generation should have?
(a) Its own ideals, values, and choices in government.
(b) Its own values, but the ideals of the preceding government.
(c) Its own ideals, but the values of the preceding government.
(d) The ideals and values of the preceding government.
3. Where is Paine living when Burke's pamphlet is being published?
4. What prevents the British from effectively governing America?
(a) Their ignorance.
(b) Their fear.
(c) Their recklessness.
(d) Their reputation.
5. How many questions does Paine address in his final letter to the people of England?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the famous quote by Paine that starts the section, The Crisis?
2. When did the English Revolution take place?
3. How many years of the Revolution does Paine discuss in a letter to the Inhabitants of America?
4. When did Edmund Burke attack the French Revolution in a book?
5. Whose sermon given to celebrate the anniversary of the English Revolution does Burke misrepresent?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)