|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Introduction, what does Paine state about the thoughts of the book?
(a) They are popular for half of the country.
(b) They are popular for all of the country.
(c) They may not be popular.
(d) They may have been popular at an earlier date.
2. What does Howe support that draws Paine's criticism?
(a) The rising costs of American products.
(b) The theft of American money.
(c) The decreasing costs of American products.
(d) The counterfeiting of American money.
3. What does Paine attribute his literary career to?
(a) The revolution and his dedication to independence.
(b) Only the revolution.
(c) The revolution, his dedication to independence, and the will of the American people.
(d) Only his dedication to independence.
4. What did Gideon deny?
(a) The idea of being given the role of leader.
(b) The benefits of being a leader.
(c) The drawbacks of being a leader.
(d) The role of leader.
5. How does Paine describe the Quakers?
(a) Quiet and inoffensive.
(b) Offensive and loud.
(c) Quiet but offensive.
(d) Inoffensive but loud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paine believe should never separate the elected from the electors?
2. What does Paine profess about himself in The Crisis?
3. Where is Paine living when Burke's pamphlet is being published?
4. What did the lack of monarchy result in for Britain before the kings?
5. How many times does Burke mention the Bastille in his book?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)