|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Paine, which governments must unite to lead by example in order to ensure liberty worldwide?
(a) America, England, and France.
(b) Only America and England.
(c) Only America and France.
(d) Only England and France.
2. What does Paine believe each generation should have?
(a) Its own ideals, values, and choices in government.
(b) The ideals and values of the preceding government.
(c) Its own values, but the ideals of the preceding government.
(d) Its own ideals, but the values of the preceding government.
3. In an ideal world, who would make decisions regarding regulations?
(a) All members of society.
(b) A select few members of government.
(c) All members of government.
(d) A select few members of society.
4. What does society promote?
5. According to Paine, what goes against human nature?
(a) Absolute governments.
(b) An absence of government.
(c) A self-sufficient government.
(d) Partial governments.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the rumors about the reason behind Burke's pamphlet?
2. What does Paine consider the government to be?
3. What does a strong government assure against?
4. Whose sermon given to celebrate the anniversary of the English Revolution does Burke misrepresent?
5. According to British law, how long do the children of the king have the right to rule over every common person?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)