|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine wish America could have used against the British?
(a) The element of surprise.
(b) The use of inside information.
(c) The harshness of winter.
(d) The heat of summer.
2. What river are the American troops preparing to cross as Paine describes their trials and tribulations?
(a) The Missouri.
(b) The Hudson.
(c) The Delaware.
(d) The Mississippi.
3. What does Paine attribute his literary career to?
(a) Only the revolution.
(b) The revolution, his dedication to independence, and the will of the American people.
(c) Only his dedication to independence.
(d) The revolution and his dedication to independence.
4. What does Paine use as a miserable example of the Constitution that America is trying to adopt?
5. What types of goals should the members of the elected have?
(a) The same goals as the largest populated cities.
(b) The same goals as the body.
(c) The same goals as other countries.
(d) The same goals as half of the body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the questions about in Paine's last letter to the people of England?
2. How does Thomas Paine write the book <i>Common Sense</i>?
3. How does Paine describe Burke's descriptions of the French during the Revolution?
4. What does government promote?
5. How long does Burke think English subjects should serve in the Parliament?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)