|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the law invented that took the freedom away from the English subjects?
(a) The fourteenth century.
(b) The sixteenth century.
(c) The seventeenth century.
(d) The fifteenth century.
2. How does Paine describe tyranny?
(a) An opponent that is easily defeated.
(b) An opponent that is not easily defeated.
(c) An opponent that is not easily defeated now, but will be in the future.
(d) An opponent that once could have been easily defeated, but no longer.
3. Since all men are created equal, what does Paine consider aristocracy to be?
(a) A naive attempt.
(b) A deceptive practice.
(c) A hypocrisy.
(d) A fallacy.
4. At what age can a monarch be appointed in Britain?
(a) At age twenty.
(b) At age fifteen.
(c) At any age.
(d) At age ten.
5. What are the decrees outlining the foundation for a new French government called?
(a) The September Decrees.
(b) The November Decrees.
(c) The August Decrees.
(d) The December Decrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days before the taking of the Bastille did Marquis de La Fayette make a speech?
2. Why does Paine believe that America will succeed?
3. How many ancient tyrannies does Paine think comprise the English Constitution?
4. How many years of the Revolution does Paine discuss in a letter to the Inhabitants of America?
5. How did Paine originally view Burke, before he denounced the French Revolution?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)