|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since all men are created equal, what does Paine consider aristocracy to be?
(a) A hypocrisy.
(b) A deceptive practice.
(c) A naive attempt.
(d) A fallacy.
2. Which country has England chosen as its new foe when Paine writes the Rights of Man?
3. How many questions does Paine address in his final letter to the people of England?
4. Why does the monarchy no longer work in Paine's opinion?
(a) Because the king has stopped listening to the people.
(b) Because the king is not far enough away from the people.
(c) Because the king is too far away from the people.
(d) Because the king has stopped talking to the people.
5. In the Introduction, what does Paine state about the thoughts of the book?
(a) They may have been popular at an earlier date.
(b) They are popular for half of the country.
(c) They are popular for all of the country.
(d) They may not be popular.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paine describe Burke's descriptions of the French during the Revolution?
2. What is the English government's position on the French Revolution?
3. According to Paine, what does Burke lack?
4. When did Edmund Burke attack the French Revolution in a book?
5. What does Paine consider the government to be?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)