|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many total pages is Burke's denouncement of the French Revolution?
(a) Four hundred and sixty five.
(b) Three hundred and fifty six.
(c) Five hundred and thirty four.
(d) Six hundred and forty three.
2. What does Paine believe would end government through hereditary?
(a) Having each king only serve two terms.
(b) Having each king only serve for five years.
(c) Having each king elected.
(d) Having each king only serve for ten years.
3. When did Edmund Burke attack the French Revolution in a book?
4. As Paine states in The Crisis, what word should never replace the word "Christian"?
5. What are the rumors about the reason behind Burke's pamphlet?
(a) He did it out of hatred for other countries.
(b) He did it out of loyalty for his country.
(c) He did it to receive notoriety.
(d) He did it for financial reasons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which proverb does Paine refer to when commenting on the acts of Howe and Burgoyne?
2. How does Paine describe Burke's descriptions of the French during the Revolution?
3. At what age can a monarch be appointed in Britain?
4. How many years of the Revolution does Paine discuss in a letter to the Inhabitants of America?
5. Why does Paine state that America took up arms against England?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)