|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tactic will the king use to gain favor in the long run if he cannot rule through force in the short run?
2. Where is Paine living when Burke's pamphlet is being published?
3. How does Burke describe Louis XVI?
(a) A fearful monarch.
(b) A beaten monarch.
(c) A resourceful monarch.
(d) A mild monarch.
4. As Paine states in The Crisis, what word should never replace the word "Christian"?
5. What is the famous quote by Paine that starts the section, The Crisis?
(a) These are the times that try men's souls.
(b) These are the men whose soul's need to be tested.
(c) These are the times that men's souls are tested.
(d) These are the men whose soul's have been tried.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paine believe each generation should have?
2. Which proverb does Paine refer to when commenting on the acts of Howe and Burgoyne?
3. Which country has England chosen as its new foe when Paine writes the Rights of Man?
4. How many total pages is Burke's denouncement of the French Revolution?
5. How long does Burke think English subjects should serve in the Parliament?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)