|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city did the British incorrectly assume was the center of America when they attacked it?
(a) New York.
2. According to Paine, whose role in the French Revolution should not be diminished?
(a) George Washington.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) John Adams.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
3. How many questions does Paine address in his final letter to the people of England?
4. Whose sermon given to celebrate the anniversary of the English Revolution does Burke misrepresent?
(a) James Mackintosh.
(b) Joseph Priestley.
(c) Richard Price.
(d) Daniel Conway.
5. What does Burke continue to perpetuate with his actions?
(a) Animosity between the nations.
(b) A false sense of security for the nations.
(c) France's decreased status in the world.
(d) England's decreased status in the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a strong government assure against?
2. What does society promote?
3. What tactic will the king use to gain favor in the long run if he cannot rule through force in the short run?
4. According to British law, how long do the children of the king have the right to rule over every common person?
5. How does Paine respond to the people who cannot follow his logic?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)