|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine hope the English people will realize from Burke's pamphlet?
(a) How archaic the English laws are.
(b) How easy the English laws are to change.
(c) How complicated the English laws are.
(d) How difficult the English laws are to change.
2. What concerns Paine about how Burke's pamphlet is published?
(a) The small print.
(b) The incorrect order of pages.
(c) The translation.
(d) The colors used.
3. What saddens Paine about the analogies made to good and solid government?
(a) They involve Greece and Rome.
(b) They involve France and Spain.
(c) They involve Britain.
(d) They involve Britain, Greece, Rome, France, and Spain.
4. What does Howe support that draws Paine's criticism?
(a) The decreasing costs of American products.
(b) The rising costs of American products.
(c) The theft of American money.
(d) The counterfeiting of American money.
5. How many ancient tyrannies does Paine think comprise the English Constitution?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the lack of monarchy result in for Britain before the kings?
2. From where was English rule founded?
3. How does Paine respond to the people who cannot follow his logic?
4. What does Paine use as a miserable example of the Constitution that America is trying to adopt?
5. When does Paine wish the Revolution had begun?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)