|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Englishmen defend their king?
(a) Out of reason, rather than national pride.
(b) Out of both reason and national pride.
(c) Out of national pride, rather than reason.
(d) Out of neither reason nor national pride.
2. What types of goals should the members of the elected have?
(a) The same goals as other countries.
(b) The same goals as the largest populated cities.
(c) The same goals as half of the body.
(d) The same goals as the body.
3. What did Gideon deny?
(a) The benefits of being a leader.
(b) The idea of being given the role of leader.
(c) The drawbacks of being a leader.
(d) The role of leader.
4. Why does Paine believe that America will succeed?
(a) Because of great numbers.
(b) Because of its political status.
(c) Because of its economic status.
(d) Because of unity.
5. According to Paine, what does Burke lack?
(a) An understanding of history.
(b) An understanding of liberty.
(c) An understanding of economics.
(d) An understanding of government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the English people indicate with their silence?
2. Why does Paine think the British are incapable of ruling America justly?
3. Which religious group of people does Paine think are persecuted?
4. In an ideal world, who would make decisions regarding regulations?
5. Where is Paine living when Burke's pamphlet is being published?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)