|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paine describe tyranny?
(a) An opponent that is not easily defeated.
(b) An opponent that is not easily defeated now, but will be in the future.
(c) An opponent that once could have been easily defeated, but no longer.
(d) An opponent that is easily defeated.
2. What do the English people indicate with their silence?
(a) Their acceptance of the laws.
(b) Their inability to change the laws.
(c) Their objection to the laws.
(d) Their inability to understand the laws.
3. How does Paine categorize Howe's victories?
4. How does Thomas Paine write the book <i>Common Sense</i>?
(b) With a co-writer.
(c) With a ghost writer.
(d) With two co-writers.
5. Where is Paine living when Burke's pamphlet is being published?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paine attribute his literary career to?
2. How does Paine describe the Quakers?
3. What is the English government's position on the French Revolution?
4. What city did the British incorrectly assume was the center of America when they attacked it?
5. What point does Paine use Joan of Arc as an example to support?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)