|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does England constantly need a foe to battle?
(a) To provide a reason for its high taxes.
(b) To increase jobs through war.
(c) To increase trade agreements.
(d) To prove their place in the world.
2. What does Howe support that draws Paine's criticism?
(a) The decreasing costs of American products.
(b) The rising costs of American products.
(c) The counterfeiting of American money.
(d) The theft of American money.
3. What concerns Paine about how Burke's pamphlet is published?
(a) The incorrect order of pages.
(b) The translation.
(c) The colors used.
(d) The small print.
4. How does Thomas Paine write the book Common Sense?
(a) With a co-writer.
(c) With two co-writers.
(d) With a ghost writer.
5. According to Paine, what goes against human nature?
(a) Absolute governments.
(b) Partial governments.
(c) An absence of government.
(d) A self-sufficient government.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paine describe society?
2. How did the men in the American army fight Howe?
3. How does Paine describe the Quakers?
4. How does Paine describe Burke's analysis of France?
5. What does Paine believe would end government through hereditary?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)