|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of goals should the members of the elected have?
(a) The same goals as other countries.
(b) The same goals as the body.
(c) The same goals as half of the body.
(d) The same goals as the largest populated cities.
2. What does Paine believe would end government through hereditary?
(a) Having each king only serve two terms.
(b) Having each king only serve for ten years.
(c) Having each king only serve for five years.
(d) Having each king elected.
3. In the Introduction, what does Paine state about the thoughts of the book?
(a) They may not be popular.
(b) They are popular for half of the country.
(c) They may have been popular at an earlier date.
(d) They are popular for all of the country.
4. What are the questions about in Paine's last letter to the people of England?
(a) Power and honor.
(b) Power, honor, and authority.
(c) Only power.
(d) Only honor.
5. From where was English rule founded?
Short Answer Questions
1. What saddens Paine about the analogies made to good and solid government?
2. What does Paine consider the government to be?
3. What does a strong government assure against?
4. What does society promote?
5. As Paine states in The Crisis, what word should never replace the word "Christian"?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)