|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paine describe society?
(a) As a blessing.
(b) As a good example.
(c) As a gift.
(d) As a perfect model.
2. What is the famous quote by Paine that starts the section, The Crisis?
(a) These are the men whose soul's have been tried.
(b) These are the men whose soul's need to be tested.
(c) These are the times that try men's souls.
(d) These are the times that men's souls are tested.
3. Why does the monarchy no longer work in Paine's opinion?
(a) Because the king is too far away from the people.
(b) Because the king is not far enough away from the people.
(c) Because the king has stopped talking to the people.
(d) Because the king has stopped listening to the people.
4. What tactic will the king use to gain favor in the long run if he cannot rule through force in the short run?
5. How does Paine respond to the people who cannot follow his logic?
(a) He is ambivalent.
(b) He is shocked.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is angered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paine believe should never separate the elected from the electors?
2. How many years of the Revolution does Paine discuss in a letter to the Inhabitants of America?
3. Why do Englishmen defend their king?
4. As Paine states in The Crisis, what word should never replace the word "Christian"?
5. From where was English rule founded?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)