|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long would news take to travel from England to America if the two countries were to reconcile at this point?
(a) Two or three months.
(b) Four or five months.
(c) Two or three weeks.
(d) Four or five weeks.
2. How did the men in the American army fight Howe?
(a) They fought for property, not an ideal.
(b) They fought neither for an ideal nor property.
(c) They fought for an ideal, not property.
(d) They fought for an ideal and property.
3. What does Paine attribute his literary career to?
(a) Only the revolution.
(b) Only his dedication to independence.
(c) The revolution and his dedication to independence.
(d) The revolution, his dedication to independence, and the will of the American people.
4. In the Introduction, what does Paine state about the thoughts of the book?
(a) They are popular for half of the country.
(b) They are popular for all of the country.
(c) They may have been popular at an earlier date.
(d) They may not be popular.
5. According to British law, how long do the children of the king have the right to rule over every common person?
(a) Only for the first generation.
(b) Only up until the second generation.
(c) As long as the government reigns.
(d) Only up until the third generation.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Paine wish the Revolution had begun?
2. What did the lack of monarchy result in for Britain before the kings?
3. How does Paine respond to the people who cannot follow his logic?
4. What does a strong government assure against?
5. As Paine states in The Crisis, what word should never replace the word "Christian"?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)