|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine use as a miserable example of the Constitution that America is trying to adopt?
2. According to Paine, what is the difference between society and government?
(a) Positivism versus negativism.
(b) Right versus wrong.
(c) North versus South.
(d) East versus West.
3. According to Paine, what goes against human nature?
(a) Absolute governments.
(b) A self-sufficient government.
(c) Partial governments.
(d) An absence of government.
4. At what age can a monarch be appointed in Britain?
(a) At age ten.
(b) At age fifteen.
(c) At any age.
(d) At age twenty.
5. Why does Paine state that America took up arms against England?
(a) Other countries forced the hand of America.
(b) America had become more prosperous than almost all other countries.
(c) England forced the hand of America.
(d) America had become more prosperous than England.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Paine wish the Revolution had begun?
2. How does Paine categorize Howe's victories?
3. What is the result of using faith for political reasons?
4. What is the famous quote by Paine that starts the section, The Crisis?
5. How does Thomas Paine write the book Common Sense?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)