|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paine categorize Howe's victories?
2. What does Paine consider the government to be?
(a) A necessary evil.
(b) A necessary problem.
(c) An unnecessary evil.
(d) An unnecessary problem.
3. How many years of the Revolution does Paine discuss in a letter to the Inhabitants of America?
(a) The first four.
(b) The first three.
(c) The last three.
(d) The last four.
4. What does Paine attribute his literary career to?
(a) The revolution and his dedication to independence.
(b) The revolution, his dedication to independence, and the will of the American people.
(c) Only his dedication to independence.
(d) Only the revolution.
5. What tactic will the king use to gain favor in the long run if he cannot rule through force in the short run?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paine describe the Quakers?
2. What does Howe support that draws Paine's criticism?
3. According to Paine, what should not be confused with religion?
4. How did the men in the American army fight Howe?
5. What does Paine believe should never separate the elected from the electors?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)