|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of using faith for political reasons?
(a) It undermines the right to practice religion freely.
(b) It undermines all religions.
(c) It undermines the religions that are not involved.
(d) It undermines only the religion involved.
2. How long would news take to travel from England to America if the two countries were to reconcile at this point?
(a) Four or five months.
(b) Two or three months.
(c) Four or five weeks.
(d) Two or three weeks.
3. What prevents the British from effectively governing America?
(a) Their ignorance.
(b) Their fear.
(c) Their reputation.
(d) Their recklessness.
4. How did the men in the American army fight Howe?
(a) They fought for property, not an ideal.
(b) They fought for an ideal, not property.
(c) They fought for an ideal and property.
(d) They fought neither for an ideal nor property.
5. What does Paine believe should never separate the elected from the electors?
(a) Belief, action, or money.
(b) Belief or action.
(c) Action, but not belief.
(d) Belief, but not action.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his letter to Howe, what comparison does Paine make about arguing with a man who has no use for authority?
2. What grows along with a society?
3. According to Paine, what is the difference between society and government?
4. For what does Paine compliment Washington?
5. Why does Paine believe that America will succeed?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)