|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will the first twenty years of American independence not predict, according to Paine?
(a) The next ten years.
(b) The next twenty years.
(c) The next fifteen years.
(d) The next five years.
2. What tactic will the king use to gain favor in the long run if he cannot rule through force in the short run?
3. How does Paine respond to the people who cannot follow his logic?
(a) He is angered.
(b) He is shocked.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is ambivalent.
4. When does Paine wish the Revolution had begun?
(a) Eight months later.
(b) Eight days later.
(c) Eight days earlier.
(d) Eight months earlier.
5. What does Paine use as a miserable example of the Constitution that America is trying to adopt?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gideon deny?
2. Why does Paine state that America took up arms against England?
3. According to British law, how long do the children of the king have the right to rule over every common person?
4. As Paine states in The Crisis, what word should never replace the word "Christian"?
5. In an ideal world, who would make decisions regarding regulations?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)