|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paine believe that America will succeed?
(a) Because of its political status.
(b) Because of unity.
(c) Because of its economic status.
(d) Because of great numbers.
2. What point does Paine use Joan of Arc as an example to support?
(a) America's political views.
(b) The strength of the American soldiers.
(c) America's sacrifice for independence.
(d) The weakness of the British rule.
3. How does Paine respond to the people who cannot follow his logic?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is shocked.
(c) He is ambivalent.
(d) He is angered.
4. How does Paine describe society?
(a) As a perfect model.
(b) As a blessing.
(c) As a gift.
(d) As a good example.
5. What did Gideon deny?
(a) The benefits of being a leader.
(b) The drawbacks of being a leader.
(c) The role of leader.
(d) The idea of being given the role of leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Paine state that America took up arms against England?
2. How does Paine refer to himself, with regards to Howe?
3. What does Paine use examples from scripture to explain?
4. In the Introduction, what does Paine state about the thoughts of the book?
5. What prevents the British from effectively governing America?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)