|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the questions about in Paine's last letter to the people of England?
(a) Power and honor.
(b) Power, honor, and authority.
(c) Only honor.
(d) Only power.
2. According to Paine, what goes against human nature?
(a) An absence of government.
(b) Partial governments.
(c) Absolute governments.
(d) A self-sufficient government.
3. Which religious group of people does Paine think are persecuted?
(a) Those who pretend to be Christians.
(b) Those who pretend to be Quakers.
4. What tactic will the king use to gain favor in the long run if he cannot rule through force in the short run?
5. What grows along with a society?
(a) A need for less taxation.
(b) A need for more taxation.
(c) A need for fewer regulations.
(d) A need for more regulations.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long would news take to travel from England to America if the two countries were to reconcile at this point?
2. What saddens Paine about the analogies made to good and solid government?
3. From where was English rule founded?
4. What does Paine use examples from scripture to explain?
5. What did Gideon deny?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)