|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paine respond to the people who cannot follow his logic?
(a) He is angered.
(b) He is ambivalent.
(c) He is shocked.
(d) He is confused.
2. Which religious group of people does Paine think are persecuted?
(a) Those who pretend to be Quakers.
(b) Those who pretend to be Christians.
3. What does Paine profess about himself in The Crisis?
(a) He is not superstitious.
(b) He does believe in miracles.
(c) He is superstitious.
(d) He does not believe in miracles.
4. According to British law, how long do the children of the king have the right to rule over every common person?
(a) As long as the government reigns.
(b) Only up until the second generation.
(c) Only for the first generation.
(d) Only up until the third generation.
5. How long would news take to travel from England to America if the two countries were to reconcile at this point?
(a) Two or three weeks.
(b) Four or five weeks.
(c) Two or three months.
(d) Four or five months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Thomas Paine write the book Common Sense?
2. What city did the British incorrectly assume was the center of America when they attacked it?
3. How does Paine categorize Howe's victories?
4. What point does Paine use Joan of Arc as an example to support?
5. When does Paine wish the Revolution had begun?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)