|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of goals should the members of the elected have?
(a) The same goals as half of the body.
(b) The same goals as the largest populated cities.
(c) The same goals as the body.
(d) The same goals as other countries.
2. What saddens Paine about the analogies made to good and solid government?
(a) They involve Greece and Rome.
(b) They involve Britain.
(c) They involve France and Spain.
(d) They involve Britain, Greece, Rome, France, and Spain.
3. In an ideal world, who would make decisions regarding regulations?
(a) A select few members of society.
(b) A select few members of government.
(c) All members of government.
(d) All members of society.
4. How does Paine categorize Howe's victories?
5. Why do Englishmen defend their king?
(a) Out of both reason and national pride.
(b) Out of neither reason nor national pride.
(c) Out of national pride, rather than reason.
(d) Out of reason, rather than national pride.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many questions does Paine address in his final letter to the people of England?
2. Which religious group of people does Paine think are persecuted?
3. What did Gideon deny?
4. According to Paine, what should not be confused with religion?
5. At what age can a monarch be appointed in Britain?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)