|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paine believe that America will succeed?
(a) Because of great numbers.
(b) Because of its political status.
(c) Because of unity.
(d) Because of its economic status.
2. What point does Paine use Joan of Arc as an example to support?
(a) America's political views.
(b) America's sacrifice for independence.
(c) The weakness of the British rule.
(d) The strength of the American soldiers.
3. What types of goals should the members of the elected have?
(a) The same goals as half of the body.
(b) The same goals as other countries.
(c) The same goals as the body.
(d) The same goals as the largest populated cities.
4. What does Paine believe will happen with time?
(a) His views will become accepted, but not favored.
(b) His views will never become accepted or favored.
(c) His views will become favored, but not accepted.
(d) His views will become accepted and possibly favored.
5. Why do Englishmen defend their king?
(a) Out of neither reason nor national pride.
(b) Out of both reason and national pride.
(c) Out of reason, rather than national pride.
(d) Out of national pride, rather than reason.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paine use examples from scripture to explain?
2. In an ideal world, who would make decisions regarding regulations?
3. Why does Paine state that America took up arms against England?
4. What does society promote?
5. As Paine states in The Crisis, what word should never replace the word "Christian"?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)