|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Paine, what goes against human nature?
(a) An absence of government.
(b) Partial governments.
(c) Absolute governments.
(d) A self-sufficient government.
2. Why do Englishmen defend their king?
(a) Out of both reason and national pride.
(b) Out of neither reason nor national pride.
(c) Out of national pride, rather than reason.
(d) Out of reason, rather than national pride.
3. For what does Paine compliment Washington?
(a) For his mind and economic resources.
(b) For his economic resources.
(c) For his character, mind, and economic resources.
(d) For his character and mind.
4. What does a strong government assure against?
(a) Civil war, but not poverty.
(b) Poverty, but not civil war or treason.
(c) Civil war, poverty, and treason.
(d) Civil war and poverty.
5. How long would news take to travel from England to America if the two countries were to reconcile at this point?
(a) Two or three months.
(b) Four or five weeks.
(c) Four or five months.
(d) Two or three weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will the first twenty years of American independence not predict, according to Paine?
2. What does Paine think about the idea of being a king through heredity?
3. When does Paine wish the Revolution had begun?
4. How did the men in the American army fight Howe?
5. In the Introduction, what does Paine state about the thoughts of the book?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)