|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Paine compliment Washington?
(a) For his character, mind, and economic resources.
(b) For his character and mind.
(c) For his mind and economic resources.
(d) For his economic resources.
2. What grows along with a society?
(a) A need for more taxation.
(b) A need for less taxation.
(c) A need for more regulations.
(d) A need for fewer regulations.
3. What does Paine believe should never separate the elected from the electors?
(a) Action, but not belief.
(b) Belief or action.
(c) Belief, but not action.
(d) Belief, action, or money.
4. Why does Paine think the British are incapable of ruling America justly?
(a) They are too powerful.
(b) They are too weak.
(c) They are too jealous.
(d) They are not economically sound.
5. What tactic will the king use to gain favor in the long run if he cannot rule through force in the short run?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Paine states in The Crisis, what word should never replace the word "Christian"?
2. Why does Paine state that America took up arms against England?
3. What does Paine use examples from scripture to explain?
4. How does Paine describe tyranny?
5. Why does Paine believe that America will succeed?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)