|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many questions does Paine address in his final letter to the people of England?
2. What does Paine believe should never separate the elected from the electors?
(a) Belief or action.
(b) Belief, action, or money.
(c) Action, but not belief.
(d) Belief, but not action.
3. According to Paine, what should not be confused with religion?
(a) A full soul.
(b) An empty soul.
(c) A warm soul.
(d) A cold soul.
4. According to Paine, what goes against human nature?
(a) Absolute governments.
(b) A self-sufficient government.
(c) Partial governments.
(d) An absence of government.
5. What prevents the British from effectively governing America?
(a) Their recklessness.
(b) Their fear.
(c) Their reputation.
(d) Their ignorance.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age can a monarch be appointed in Britain?
2. What does Paine consider the government to be?
3. How does Paine describe the Quakers?
4. For what does Paine compliment Washington?
5. Why do Englishmen defend their king?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)