|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gideon deny?
(a) The idea of being given the role of leader.
(b) The benefits of being a leader.
(c) The drawbacks of being a leader.
(d) The role of leader.
2. What does Paine believe should never separate the elected from the electors?
(a) Belief, action, or money.
(b) Belief, but not action.
(c) Action, but not belief.
(d) Belief or action.
3. Why does the monarchy no longer work in Paine's opinion?
(a) Because the king is too far away from the people.
(b) Because the king has stopped talking to the people.
(c) Because the king has stopped listening to the people.
(d) Because the king is not far enough away from the people.
4. According to British law, how long do the children of the king have the right to rule over every common person?
(a) Only up until the third generation.
(b) Only for the first generation.
(c) Only up until the second generation.
(d) As long as the government reigns.
5. What point does Paine use Joan of Arc as an example to support?
(a) The strength of the American soldiers.
(b) The weakness of the British rule.
(c) America's political views.
(d) America's sacrifice for independence.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paine respond to the people who cannot follow his logic?
2. What does Paine attribute his literary career to?
3. Why does Paine believe that America will succeed?
4. What does Paine believe would end government through hereditary?
5. What did the lack of monarchy result in for Britain before the kings?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)