|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Paine, what goes against human nature?
(a) An absence of government.
(b) Absolute governments.
(c) A self-sufficient government.
(d) Partial governments.
2. Why do Englishmen defend their king?
(a) Out of both reason and national pride.
(b) Out of neither reason nor national pride.
(c) Out of national pride, rather than reason.
(d) Out of reason, rather than national pride.
3. What replaced hopelessness during a long battle, as Paine recounts?
4. What does a strong government assure against?
(a) Civil war, poverty, and treason.
(b) Poverty, but not civil war or treason.
(c) Civil war, but not poverty.
(d) Civil war and poverty.
5. How does Paine categorize Howe's victories?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of using faith for political reasons?
2. What city did the British incorrectly assume was the center of America when they attacked it?
3. Why does Paine believe that America will succeed?
4. What does government promote?
5. What types of goals should the members of the elected have?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)