|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine use examples from scripture to explain?
(a) Why, but not how or when kings became prominent.
(b) How, but not why kings became prominent.
(c) How, why, and when kings became prominent.
(d) How and why kings became prominent.
2. As Paine states in The Crisis, what word should never replace the word "Christian"?
3. How does Paine describe tyranny?
(a) An opponent that is not easily defeated now, but will be in the future.
(b) An opponent that is not easily defeated.
(c) An opponent that is easily defeated.
(d) An opponent that once could have been easily defeated, but no longer.
4. Why does the monarchy no longer work in Paine's opinion?
(a) Because the king is not far enough away from the people.
(b) Because the king has stopped listening to the people.
(c) Because the king has stopped talking to the people.
(d) Because the king is too far away from the people.
5. What will the first twenty years of American independence not predict, according to Paine?
(a) The next twenty years.
(b) The next fifteen years.
(c) The next five years.
(d) The next ten years.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Paine compliment Washington?
2. In the Introduction, what does Paine state about the thoughts of the book?
3. What did Gideon deny?
4. What does Paine think about the idea of being a king through heredity?
5. What river are the American troops preparing to cross as Paine describes their trials and tribulations?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)