|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thomas Paine write the book Common Sense?
(a) With two co-writers.
(b) With a ghost writer.
(c) With a co-writer.
2. What does Paine believe will happen with time?
(a) His views will become accepted and possibly favored.
(b) His views will become accepted, but not favored.
(c) His views will become favored, but not accepted.
(d) His views will never become accepted or favored.
3. What city did the British incorrectly assume was the center of America when they attacked it?
(c) New York.
4. How does Paine respond to the people who cannot follow his logic?
(a) He is angered.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is ambivalent.
(d) He is shocked.
5. What does society promote?
Short Answer Questions
1. What replaced hopelessness during a long battle, as Paine recounts?
2. What does government promote?
3. As Paine states in The Crisis, what word should never replace the word "Christian"?
4. According to Paine, what is the difference between society and government?
5. What types of goals should the members of the elected have?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)