|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a strong government assure against?
(a) Civil war and poverty.
(b) Civil war, but not poverty.
(c) Poverty, but not civil war or treason.
(d) Civil war, poverty, and treason.
2. How does Thomas Paine write the book <i>Common Sense</i>?
(a) With a co-writer.
(c) With a ghost writer.
(d) With two co-writers.
3. When does Paine wish the Revolution had begun?
(a) Eight months later.
(b) Eight days earlier.
(c) Eight days later.
(d) Eight months earlier.
4. How does Paine respond to the people who cannot follow his logic?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is angered.
(c) He is ambivalent.
(d) He is shocked.
5. What does Paine wish America could have used against the British?
(a) The element of surprise.
(b) The harshness of winter.
(c) The use of inside information.
(d) The heat of summer.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to British law, how long do the children of the king have the right to rule over every common person?
2. According to Paine, what is the difference between society and government?
3. How does Paine categorize Howe's victories?
4. What is the result of using faith for political reasons?
5. According to Paine, what goes against human nature?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)