|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gideon deny?
(a) The idea of being given the role of leader.
(b) The role of leader.
(c) The drawbacks of being a leader.
(d) The benefits of being a leader.
2. What grows along with a society?
(a) A need for more regulations.
(b) A need for fewer regulations.
(c) A need for more taxation.
(d) A need for less taxation.
3. Why does Paine believe that America will succeed?
(a) Because of its economic status.
(b) Because of its political status.
(c) Because of great numbers.
(d) Because of unity.
4. How does Paine respond to the people who cannot follow his logic?
(a) He is angered.
(b) He is ambivalent.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is shocked.
5. How many years of the Revolution does Paine discuss in a letter to the Inhabitants of America?
(a) The last three.
(b) The last four.
(c) The first four.
(d) The first three.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the famous quote by Paine that starts the section, The Crisis?
2. For what does Paine compliment Washington?
3. From where was English rule founded?
4. According to Paine, what is the difference between society and government?
5. Why does Paine state that America took up arms against England?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)