|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does government promote?
2. Which proverb does Paine refer to when commenting on the acts of Howe and Burgoyne?
(a) In for a penny, in for a pound.
(b) The best defense is a good offense.
(c) A problem shared is a problem halved.
(d) A penny wise and a pound foolish.
3. What river are the American troops preparing to cross as Paine describes their trials and tribulations?
(a) The Hudson.
(b) The Delaware.
(c) The Mississippi.
(d) The Missouri.
4. What does Paine believe should never separate the elected from the electors?
(a) Belief, action, or money.
(b) Belief or action.
(c) Belief, but not action.
(d) Action, but not belief.
5. Why does Paine believe that America will succeed?
(a) Because of its political status.
(b) Because of its economic status.
(c) Because of great numbers.
(d) Because of unity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Howe support that draws Paine's criticism?
2. What replaced hopelessness during a long battle, as Paine recounts?
3. When does Paine wish the Revolution had begun?
4. Which religious group of people does Paine think are persecuted?
5. What point does Paine use Joan of Arc as an example to support?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)